FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

This has been disscussed before.

As far as I know, it has not, and I've been watching this topic since (if memory serves correct) page 53 on the old topic, the one with over 200 pages.

I don't know why you'd want doors to stay open but that's your right to ask whatever you want. You can still search the topic though.

(I believe I've been watching 234 pages of this topic...that's alot...)

Gentlemen, I know it gets repetitive answering repeated questions over and over again, but it does indeed take the same effort to speak of what you've read previously as it does to tell someone to try to find the answer in 84 pages. If you happen to know the answer to what someone asks, do try to show some common courtesy and just tell them what it is they asked about or even better if you *know* where the answer was, direct them to that page. You'd be outta you're flippin mind you think I'd read 84 pages of mostly nothing for tiney pieces of useful info here and there, not everyone "follows" all the topics, myself included=)

Unfortunately it's rough for the mod team to try to keep the first pages updated with all the info, but they try their best to do so, in the end if you guys could give them a helping hand if you happen to know what someone asks about. Thnx=)

I think its normal that the victims in a car-accident is beeing treated, atleast a little, if the EMT's is first on the scene

As a firefighter/ paramedic in the USA here's what happens when we respond:

If it is going to be a complex/lengthy extrication then a firefighter will try and get inside the vehicle and stabilize the patient as best as possible.

If it is going to be a rapid extrication, then only emergency lifesaving maneuvers (ie Bag Valve Mask Ventilations / CPR if possible) are preformed simultaneously to extrication efforts if manpower allows.

A majority of the time it is better to extricate rapidly first, and treat second assuming the patient is not in trauma arrest.. and even then sometimes extrication remains top priority.

One thing that I would like to see in this mod, is the ability to preassign units, or give them orders while they are enroute. I absolutely love this game, but one of my issues is that during the largest incidents, you cannot assign a task to a unit until they are actually on the scene.(other than an engine co.) Those of us who do this for a living realize that this is just plain unrealistic. It would be nice to have a company enroute, give them an assignment, and move on to the next company. Also, I would like to see "alarm" assignments. What I mean is, if I have a large fire, instead of having to manually go into the vehicle menu, the Battallion Chiefs should be able to order a second alarm, third alarm, etc. Each alarm should come from farther away, and thus take more time to arrive onscene. I would like to be able to preset how many companies are in each alarm assignment as well.

This mod looks great! I can't wait to play it. You guys are doing great work!

One thing that I would like to see in this mod, is the ability to preassign units, or give them orders while they are enroute. I absolutely love this game, but one of my issues is that during the largest incidents, you cannot assign a task to a unit until they are actually on the scene.(other than an engine co.) Those of us who do this for a living realize that this is just plain unrealistic. It would be nice to have a company enroute, give them an assignment, and move on to the next company.

Problem is, irl, you have ~4 FFs thinking for them selves. All of which are able to use common since. With EM4, the game has its moments where it is completely stupid, say backing up and around a units to fit through a gap to get in to position. So you may send an engine for example, but once it gets there, it may need to get some where else instead.

who still sincerly think this mod will be released on day ? I hope so, but it as been started almost 2 years ago, and still nothing...

We have lot of update, and it seems ready, but...

Of course I hope I'm making a mistake, but I quit following progress now. Good work and congratulation to the team !

Problem is, irl, you have ~4 FFs thinking for them selves. All of which are able to use common since. With EM4, the game has its moments where it is completely stupid, say backing up and around a units to fit through a gap to get in to position. So you may send an engine for example, but once it gets there, it may need to get some where else instead.

Yeah, I hear you. My issue is with silly things like an ALS unit pulling up next to a victim and just sitting there, while I have a huge fire going across town. It would be nice to be able to be able to tell them to treat the patient while they are enroute. That way, I can deal with bigger issues. The same goes for aerial units. It would be nice to click on a tower ladder and be able to tell it to put the aerial up and hit the fire like you can tell an engine to do. I get cheesed when I am trying to stop a good fire, and my ladder trucks just pull up and do nothing. Most of the time, it's not a big deal. But for the larger incidents it would be nice. Missions such as the Fireworks factory, where there really is a lot going on. It would be nice to have a bit more tactical control.

Sadly, this is the nature and I believe intention of the game at it's core, it's a point and clicky clicky RTS, in some instances it's far oversimplifed in what one must do to complete the tasks, while in other cases it's downright annoying how much effort it takes to properly addess the incident.... Such is just the way they coded certain features to work in the core game.

What I'd like to see is a command that allows firefighters to change into SCBA gear on the way to the scene in the truck. But so far, everything looks good! :12:

That would be fairly easy to do in principal. I may look in to it, but basically just need to put part of the change clothes script into the enter car script.

That would be fairly easy to do in principal. I may look in to it, but basically just need to put part of the change clothes script into the enter car script.

You'd need to simulate the person into the fire truck, while he isn't really because you cannot change prototypes of passengers, meaning it's impossible to do with the LA Mod. Unless you script the person's exit event so it immediately changes the prototype.

You'd need to simulate the person into the fire truck, while he isn't really because you cannot change prototypes of passengers, meaning it's impossible to do with the LA Mod. Unless you script the person's exit event so it immediately changes the prototype.

So in other words, exitcar.script rather then entercar?