FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

In the UK, they can close off lanes or entire roads and put temporary traffic lights etc if they're authorised to by the government. Can they not do that there too? It would make sense.

Yes they can, but in time of an emergency, all traffic management would likley be left up to the police.

The Mack wasn't destroyed on 9/11, the rig that replaced it, a 1996 HME/Saulsbury was destroyed on 9/11 along with the 4 other identical rescues assigned to Rescues 2-5. There are still some spare Mack rescues from that era, so I don't know if they got rid of the mack Rescue 1 or kept it and it's now a spare.

Just to clarify what happened to Rescue 1, it is now a back up unit for the fdny. They have it sitting at the training grounds along with the other back up units if something should happen to any of the front line equipment. I know this because my brother is a FF in NY. Hope that helps.

To the mod team; I really love the mod as my father is retired from the fdny and I rode in a lot of the rigs when I was younger. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the mod being released in the future.

amazing is hoppah involved in this mod im just curious

uumm...not really...he might but, very likely not.

Of course the NY Mod could always use Hoppah's stuff for whatever reason, but the NY Mod has done an amazing job without him or it.

amazing is hoppah involved in this mod im just curious

hes not in any of the credits and not listed as one of the team so im pretty sure hes not involved. i think i also seen a post by him that said he was taking a break from modding for the time being

In the UK, they can close off lanes or entire roads and put temporary traffic lights etc if they're authorised to by the government. Can they not do that there too? It would make sense.

That's UK. In the U.S, Emergency Services will take over all traffic control for 2 reasons, #1, visibility. Most people pay more attention to what's going on at the scene instead of what's in front of them. #2 they get in the way. Relating to the mod, it would be probably very hard to script construction workers (which would be npcs) redirect traffic, then automatically stop when police and fire show up. Idk how that would work into the mod..

That's UK. In the U.S, Emergency Services will take over all traffic control for 2 reasons, #1, visibility. Most people pay more attention to what's going on at the scene instead of what's in front of them. #2 they get in the way. Relating to the mod, it would be probably very hard to script construction workers (which would be npcs) redirect traffic, then automatically stop when police and fire show up. Idk how that would work into the mod..

What I meant was if there was a ruptureed pipeline the construction workers would have to patch it or put in a new pipe.

Search_destroy, how do you go from:

Will there be construction calls? if so, Will construction workers be able to redirect traffic?

to meaning this?

What I meant was if there was a ruptureed pipeline the construction workers would have to patch it or put in a new pipe.

I believe this job would fall on the hands of the city gas company, not actual construction worker.

They're already ingame. What you see in the screens is what they look like.

You know what I mean. But yeah, you're right. Anyway, there could be a lot of consruction incidents: Building collapse, pipe rupture, and even burns of cuts and what not. ;)

Quick question, after viewing the video I noticed that the police officers were walking everywhere, are they scripted to only walk??

Thanks and kind regards.

as you might see in the description, this video was caught while pruduction phase of this script, so we didn't mind whether they run or not. the important thing when we took that clip was seeing the scripts worked well... cops run like every other personal too

I have a question for FFW TUT or Tim, when you guys will be releasing the mod will it be available on the EM4 platform or if there is a way to alter the files to work in emergency 2012 will you just release it in that?

this mod is JUST for em4, we personally dont like em2012 and see no reason for developing a whole new mod for that "new" game... besides that it isnt clear how far 2012 will be "modable" also i'm not going to buy the game ;)