FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

My company uses hydrants, not lakes. we have 1500ft of 5in LDH for our supply line

it all depends on your region. Some places are rural thats all they got its what they work with. all though your right most departments have a fire hydrant system in place here in the USA.

Guest emergency captain

We are going off topic, I think there was one question about having two FFs on one hose, now were talking about who's department has what sizes. :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

yea so does any 1 know if there will be changing seasons in the mod? so say if its winter and the seasonal trucks in the FDNY fleet will be used? such as the hydrants might be frozen and then the thawing truck would need to be used

We are going off topic, I think there was one question about having two FFs on one hose, now were talking about who's department has what sizes. :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

About the 2 men per hose, it's already been stated that the game doesn't allow it. It's not in the sripts and would be very hard to do. Even EM2012 doesn't have that. And Patrick, I don't think that seasons are possible in the game either. ;)

About the 2 men per hose, it's already been stated that the game doesn't allow it. It's not in the sripts and would be very hard to do. Even EM2012 doesn't have that. And Patrick, I don't think that seasons are possible in the game either. ;)

oh okk thanks for the clarification im new to the game and the forum (as im sure you can tell :)

Yes, EM2012 doesn't have many things we asked for, because they don't read these forums. It is probably just EM4 with new graphics, physics and AI.

But I think you might be able to add two-man hoses. I don't know how the two-man hoses work, but isn't it just two firefighters on the hose? Maybe you could have it so that you click on one firefighter, attach him to the hose blah blah like you would normally, and get another and attach him to that firefighter. Then, when you move either one of those firefighters, the other tries to move to exactly the same place (maybe plus or minus a few units in either direction).

Seasons might not be possible to change dynamically during gameplay, but it should be possible to change them when you're not running the game just by changing the textures. For example, in winter, change the map texture so that it looks like there is lots of snow. You could also create a snow effect like with rain which covers the screen. If I am thinking of how maps work correctly, that should be very easy to do by making the Config swap a file around and modify an xml file. However, I don't know about the snow effect itself (I do know it is possible, however).

Guest emergency captain

Maybe they could have an option to change seasons. For example, before you start the game, you could pick a season with the some map, just snow or rain or leaves everywhere. And I beleive the hoses may have something to do with the gated Wye. Not sure on that...

The game doesnt allow alot of things but that hasnt stopped mods from accomplishing it. :P

As for seasons, Winterberg has an option to turn snow on and off so I dont see why this wouldnt be possible.

I have not played the winterburg mod, but with the snow option and such does that slow down all vehicles like in real life and if so or even if not dose anyone know if the ny mod will suport that. I know if its raining or snowing it would be cool to have bad visability and longer responce times and slower movement.

Yes. But does the same go for rain?

Rains already in the game so why would that matter?

I have not played the winterburg mod, but with the snow option and such does that slow down all vehicles like in real life and if so or even if not dose anyone know if the ny mod will suport that. I know if its raining or snowing it would be cool to have bad visability and longer responce times and slower movement.

No it doesnt slow them down.

As stated in the screens of the start menu different seasons are included

Can you guys post the screen shot on the first page? Its not on there but i know it was posted aroudn the forums before.

Yay! Every time you want to play, the menu comes up? That's awesome! Is there a setting where you can do Police and EMS?

Read back a page or two.

Can you guys post the screen shot on the first page? Its not on there but i know it was posted aroudn the forums before.

yea sure, just have to find it... give me some time ;)

its_christmasxzs3.png

(Screen status December 2009)

here you go

ny_configq17a.jpg

and thats the configurator (status june 2009), just found the screen of the german version

from top down:

Time for PASS:

- (Number of seconds listed, you are inactive, until the PASS gets activated)

The time is equivalent to realtime!

The button on the right side activates or make the whole gimmick inactive.

Time you run out of you compressed are in the SCBA:

- (Number of minutes listed until you run out of air)

The time is equivalent to realtime!

The button on the right side activates or make the whole gimmick inactive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

? patients can deny medical treatment/transport

? aggressive pateints can attack your units

? hydrants can ice up (only in winter season available)

? activate your MDT (meanwhile standard setting, because your whole gameplay will work over MDT's)

? activate prank calls/alarms which turn out as false

? emergency shutdown button (you are not able to use it, its for us while working on the freeplay)

as already mentioned, the status of the configuration program is summer of 2009... its not up-to-date but the functions you see in the picture are still there... just added some new things

As time goes on with this mod I see that it is getting better and better. However with this comes somes fear, I feel that it will be to much for the game at some point and was wondering just how complex you intend for the end product to be? Because the more complex something is, the more prone it is to problems and bugs.

Lol! did you guys build your own editor and then a game. Its just amazing what people say you can't do and then a group like you guys come along and do the so called impossible. Now I know thats not an update but, Great work. I cant wait to be able to play it for myself.cheers-mate.gifcool.gif

As time goes on with this mod I see that it is getting better and better. However with this comes somes fear, I feel that it will be to much for the game at some point and was wondering just how complex you intend for the end product to be? Because the more complex something is, the more prone it is to problems and bugs.

dont worry, it wouldn't be worth the time we invested into producing the mod when it would be so buggy at the end ;)