FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

So, I'm not familiar with the FDNY (which is part of the mod), but, do any engines have medics?

no but all of them are CFR (certified first responder with a defibrillator) they can only do basic medical treatment before ems arrives

**sry did not se that you had already answered this FF111**

All FDNY Firefighters are Certified First Responders (CFRs), which in New York State, is lower than an EMT. They can't be in charge of patient care, and they're only trained in the basics of first aid and cpr, it's kinda like a step above having red cross cpr and first aid. All firefighters are cfrs or above, although they can only operate at a cfr level. The FDNY has the largest prehospital care system in the world, so the engine is really to basically help out the ambulance dispatched to the call rather than get to the call and start treatment before the ambulance gets there

So.. basically, you can be a full on paramedic/firefighter, join the FDNY, and be stuck doing below EMT work? And for largest pre-hospital care, It may be large, but what if an ambulance isn't in the area and lets say your running a code, which turns out to be a person in asystole? Beginning CPR is basic, and every second counts. It's just what I see, would be a good suggestion too with a somewhat vital argument to me.(wouldn't happen in the mod because your doing 1 call at a time, but lets say if there was more. :P) BTW, on the way you guys set up the timer on the b.a's and stuff, it's all real time, like up to 10 or 15 minutes on the bottle, but does that mean the fires are actually going to take much longer to be extinguished, or is that just if you had something like. a HAZMAT incident. (idk if you guys included those.)

Next offtopic comment regardless to on-topic mixed into it gets this:

Banhammer.jpg

Don't care what the warning level is, special circs call for special actions=)

I didn't think it was that hard to read a few giant words on a giant picture...

Please explain the fueling station and how it is connected to the mod. If you can't, I'm going to have to wake mikey, and he's a cranky soul to wake up.

I didn't think it was that hard to read a few giant words on a giant picture...

Please explain the fueling station and how it is connected to the mod. If you can't, I'm going to have to wake mikey, and he's a cranky soul to wake up.

I was figuring on suggesting adding the concept of the vehicles in the game to have a fuel meter just like all the other things like scba and trucks would have to refill on occasion but i wanted to first know how they do it before i just threw that out there.

just saying please don't ban. but i was trying to make the correlation between the real world and connecting it to the mod, just did not want to sound stupid.

I was figuring on suggesting adding the concept of the vehicles in the game to have a fuel meter just like all the other things like scba and trucks would have to refill on occasion but i wanted to first know how they do it before i just threw that out there.

just saying please don't ban. but i was trying to make the correlation between the real world and connecting it to the mod, just did not want to sound stupid.

there are no fueling stations for your units in the mod ;)

Guest nerd in nyc

So.. basically, you can be a full on paramedic/firefighter, join the FDNY, and be stuck doing below EMT work?

Exactly, because all of the companies only provide BLS, however many EMTs and Medics in the EMS division have gone on to become firefighters, many of them keep their current level of certification because the work schedule is so flexible, it allows them to work Per-Diem on a 911 ambulance.

And for largest pre-hospital care, It may be large, but what if an ambulance isn't in the area and lets say your running a code, which turns out to be a person in asystole? Beginning CPR is basic, and every second counts.

There are many ambulances covering one area. If we are overloaded with jobs and extended, units from a neighboring area come in and cover, typically who ever is closest to the job. Also there are a tons of voluntary (not to be confused with volunteer) ambulances through out the boroughs that help pick up the slack.

It's just what I see, would be a good suggestion too with a somewhat vital argument to me.(wouldn't happen in the mod because your doing 1 call at a time, but lets say if there was more. :P) BTW, on the way you guys set up the timer on the b.a's and stuff, it's all real time, like up to 10 or 15 minutes on the bottle, but does that mean the fires are actually going to take much longer to be extinguished, or is that just if you had something like. a HAZMAT incident. (idk if you guys included those.)

That would be cool

Isnt LA the same way?

FF or Tim, is there any chance to see the old Rescue 1 in the mod?

Nope, we have just what firefighter111 just said below. Relating to the mod, will there be "broken" hydrants?

Nope, both LACoFD and LAFD run paramedic engines/trucks/light forces.

It'd be a bit of a waste since the New Rescue 1 will be delivered in a few years.

Agreed

Nope, both LACoFD and LAFD run paramedic engines/trucks/light forces.

It'd be a bit of a waste since the New Rescue 1 will be delivered in a few years.

Thats not my point, Im saying if say you have more then 3 medics in a station(assuming you have a Task Force and 1 ALS RA) then arent the additional Medics only able to perform EMT tasks?

As for Rescue 1, I just like the old Mack R1 better then the Pierce. Besides by that theory mods are pointless because every few years the mod would have to gets new trucks. ;)

Thats not my point, Im saying if say you have more then 3 medics in a station(assuming you have a Task Force and 1 ALS RA) then arent the additional Medics only able to perform EMT tasks?

I would assume that if they are all certified as paramedics, they can all do paramedic tasks, although I'm not really sure what the policy in LA is.

As for Rescue 1, I just like the old Mack R1 better then the Pierce. Besides by that theory mods are pointless because every few years the mod would have to gets new trucks. ;)

I thought you were talking about the E-One Rescue 1, they've had a lot of rigs in the past few years because the rig that replaced the Mack was destroyed on 9/11 when it was 4 years old and was then replaced with the E-One rescue, which was also replaced 4 years later with the current Pierce rescue as an experiment, and once again the Pierce rescue is up for replacement by a Ferrara Rescue which is on order. Most companies only get a new rig every 10 years, outside of those that are destroyed, and usually, they stay pretty much the same, i.e. Segrave has been doing the same engine and ladders for them for over 10 years now.

I would assume that if they are all certified as paramedics, they can all do paramedic tasks, although I'm not really sure what the policy in LA is.

I thought you were talking about the E-One Rescue 1, they've had a lot of rigs in the past few years because the rig that replaced the Mack was destroyed on 9/11 when it was 4 years old and was then replaced with the E-One rescue, which was also replaced 4 years later with the current Pierce rescue as an experiment, and once again the Pierce rescue is up for replacement by a Ferrara Rescue which is on order. Most companies only get a new rig every 10 years, outside of those that are destroyed, and usually, they stay pretty much the same, i.e. Segrave has been doing the same engine and ladders for them for over 10 years now.

I didnt realize the mack was destroyed in 9/11. I figured it was sent off to be turned in to scrap metal or sold to another department.

Will there be construction calls? if so, Will construction workers be able to redirect traffic?

Why would construction workers direct traffic at the scene of an emergency even if it is a construction zone? I would imagine they would want the constructions workers to get the hell out of the area and leave traffic to be handled by police while fire does rescue and the medical teams treat.

In the UK, they can close off lanes or entire roads and put temporary traffic lights etc if they're authorised to by the government. Can they not do that there too? It would make sense.

I didnt realize the mack was destroyed in 9/11. I figured it was sent off to be turned in to scrap metal or sold to another department.

The Mack wasn't destroyed on 9/11, the rig that replaced it, a 1996 HME/Saulsbury was destroyed on 9/11 along with the 4 other identical rescues assigned to Rescues 2-5. There are still some spare Mack rescues from that era, so I don't know if they got rid of the mack Rescue 1 or kept it and it's now a spare.