FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Guest emergency captain

I said I am headed to fdny. It doesn't mean I'm goin there tommarow. I know a lot Nout the firefighting service. My dad is a FF and I learn a lot.

an engine can handle more then 2 attack lines depending upon the water supply. pressure really doesn't have much to do with it, gallons puts out the fire, not pressure. also, one guy can handle an 1 1/3th line, its done a lot, cities guys do it too. also, you can drive a tiller without guy in the back, lock the wheels. kills the point of it, but it can be done

Wow. I never knew that. I learn things. Uhhmmm...question....Will it take long for off map units to come to a fire since the map is so big?

First, I believe they said that the maps were actually going to be smaller since there were going to be multiple maps and you can play on each of them in a freeplay game. Second, they said that the units will take varied amounts of time to get to the scene based on where the units are coming from and where the map is. I.E. units from a harlem fire house will get to the map quicker if you're playing on a hells kitchen map than if you were playing on a china town map.

First, I believe they said that the maps were actually going to be smaller since there were going to be multiple maps and you can play on each of them in a freeplay game. Second, they said that the units will take varied amounts of time to get to the scene based on where the units are coming from and where the map is. I.E. units from a harlem fire house will get to the map quicker if you're playing on a hells kitchen map than if you were playing on a china town map.

I thought the word was it was going to be 1 freeplay map to start out on V1.0, then they'd work out how the multiple maps would go. Idk though xD

an engine can handle more then 2 attack lines depending upon the water supply. pressure really doesn't have much to do with it, gallons puts out the fire, not pressure. also, one guy can handle an 1 1/3th line, its done a lot, cities guys do it too. also, you can drive a tiller without guy in the back, lock the wheels. kills the point of it, but it can be done

is there a such thing as an inch and 1/3...ive heard of 1 3/4

Right, but I was saying that to show how the system would work in the future.

Well Tim showed off a program they developed ages ago that would allow you to select various options in regards to the mod, such as play as fire only, ems only, police only, or even play fire and ems only, or police only. It also had the ability to select different maps and so forth. A few pages back they gave a some what detailed situation about how the maps would work but at the same time, left some unanswered questions.

not sure, I know the two main ones are 1 3/4 in and 2 1/2 in here in america, 1 3/4 I believe can be ran alone if you do it right, 2 1/2 you need a back-up man.

any hose can be handled alone, it's just on how you do it. On structure fires interior usally has 2 ff, and exterior often has 1 ff. On other fire types I have seen 3-5 ff on a line.

for attack lines it goes 1 1/2 1 3/4 2 2 1/2 all can be operated by a single man, larger not so much for interior work as far as the single man goes.

yea, they use those mostly on interior attacks and small fires. 4 inch and 5 inch tend to be used for drafting water from a source. Hose beds are designed to be able to pack I think NFPA standards for the USA are 1000 ft of 5 inch line that would be required due to the circumstances of where the truck needs to be compared to the water source.( for example: long distances use would be a lake 700ft away/short distance a tanker 20ft away) Although I am not sure about standard storage compacity but i know it near there.