FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Guest Francis

Francis always has the answer :happy:

P.S. Tell us!

Once the inspector checks the body, assign a "dummy" command to it, aka an hidden flag. Now when the coroners with the stretcher wants to take them, verify if the body has the dummy, if so, then take the guy, if not, then say using a Mission::PlayHint that they must first have him inspected.

Easy.

are NYC FFs gonna have the emt or paramedic option, because in reality I think most are CFRs and not trained as highly as some may think?

all FF's who graduate from the academy must be at least CFR's, its the basic training... and yea, FFs in the mod are able to stabilize persons (possibility of successful stabilisation varies to the level of injury)... they cant heal or transport them, thats the PM's part

Speaking of the medical treatment, heres a suggestion. I plan to TRY to attempt this myself for the LA Mod but havent had time to try it. More or less I plan to attempt to expand the coroners department to include an actual medical investigator. The investigator comes to the scene has to check the DB before the coroners with a stretcher can pick up the DB.

Thats no problem, we have to think about including this

Guest emergency captain

Sweet, keep up the good work Tut :laugh:

Mod not only gets better and better but will no doubt be the biggest, greatest and most popular ever :D

That is absolutley certain.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I didn't find it when I looked back...

Will people be able to die instantly, instead of being injured? (Idk it might not even be possible) For example an MVA and you arrive on the scene to find like on person dead and others injured as they normally would be. Don't know if anyone understands what I mean but I think it would be a much needed addition to realism.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I didn't find it when I looked back...

Will people be able to die instantly, instead of being injured? (Idk it might not even be possible) For example an MVA and you arrive on the scene to find like on person dead and others injured as they normally would be. Don't know if anyone understands what I mean but I think it would be a much needed addition to realism.

sure, already have this included in the mod

Not exactly relevant to the mod, but does the FDNY ever give or receive mutual aid?

one mutual aid giving what is well known to me, is for yonkers usually with engine 81 and truck 46... and as far as i know, the only mutual aid receiving was on 9/11/01

one mutual aid giving what is well known to me, is for yonkers usually with engine 81 and truck 46... and as far as i know, the only mutual aid receiving was on 9/11/01

Actually, The FDNY doesn't really do mutual aid into Yonkers. This is because Yonkers can handle pretty much anything by themselves, so the FDNY would just end up standing by at a firehouse, which they don't want to do.

I just had an amazing idea.

Have an iccident where you have to locate a person, but do not show who it is. You have to manually question people asking if they have any info and you must close in. This could be a long-term assignment and not be restricted to time and not have risk of the suspect running off the map. Feel free to build or critic it.

Have an iccident where you have to locate a person, but do not show who it is. You have to manually question people asking if they have any info and you must close in. This could be a long-term assignment and not be restricted to time and not have risk of the suspect running off the map. Feel free to build or critic it.

Nice idea, however, I've bet they've already thought of that and probably have included it in.

I'm not 100% sure as I just returned from vacation and haven't been on this for over 2 months now.

Some progress has definitely showed since my last visit, and it's sounding great. Keep up the good work.

Guest emergency captain

I have an idea too. If emergency service can access any building, which is a great feature, why not put elevators in them? You could be able to knock on doors and paramedics can use the elevators and in the event of a fire, the firefighter could get a key as equipment, and shut the elvator down or use it to open the elevator doors.

Guest nerd in nyc

Actually, The FDNY doesn't really do mutual aid into Yonkers. This is because Yonkers can handle pretty much anything by themselves, so the FDNY would just end up standing by at a firehouse, which they don't want to do.

It takes an act of god to get an FDNY company out of the city, but its not impossible. Just in July, when White Plains had that fire that destroyed nearly half a city block, Westchester Co. requested from the city a couple engines with their purple K units for a transformer fire and an Engine and ladder to cover the sub-station.

The idea itself aint bad, but imo suspects should be able to get off the map. I mean irl people flee the city if there in deep shit.

It takes an act of god to get an FDNY company out of the city, but its not impossible. Just in July, when White Plains had that fire that destroyed nearly half a city block, Westchester Co. requested from the city a couple engines with their purple K units for a transformer fire and an Engine and ladder to cover the sub-station.

Purple K?

It would be very easy actually with all the crowds and traffic. I gotta a question, I remember you guys saying something about foam, how would this work?