EmC-Unit

Miami Modification [PATCH 2.2.1]

Ladder looks great! And Miami is not famous for having great lightbars but I'm sure their will be further edits on that model.

Miami-Dade%20L26%20%5B1280x768%5D-L.png

Yeah all the units are going to get tweaked more but for now I've got a working ladder which is what I wanted. Back I map edits, it's still coming nicely pace is slow because I'm trying to make the map feel dynamic in a sense that each area is different and realistic rather than just buildings copied and pasted all over the map.

I'm currently working on an area near the main avenue of the map, this avenue is surrounded by retail areas various shopping outlets. Then as we move away from the main avenue the area will turn more into residential. Then the beach front is mainly tourist/leisure etc.

That's the plan anyway but peoples opinions and suggestions will go a long way in making this map feel better. What kind of stuff do you want to seeap wise? For example I really liked the default LA map but it had a small feel to it so I've tried to cram as many streets into this as possible :).

x

Great! My map suggestions are as follows:
A very small coast guard base (perhaps at the bottom of the map) with a response boat and a helipad for the USCG helicopter
3 or 4 fire stations with realistic units (someone posted a good link to that earlier on this topic)
1 or 2 lifeguard stations on the beach
1 main police station with a smaller substation if possible.

I love the new ladder!  And yeah, I checked out that website and it seemed like every station had just a rescue (ambulance) and either a ladder or an engine.  Some of them just had an ambulance and no other trucks, so it would be a good idea to make a few stations for realism's sake.

Great! My map suggestions are as follows:

A very small coast guard base (perhaps at the bottom of the map) with a response boat and a helipad for the USCG helicopter

3 or 4 fire stations with realistic units (someone posted a good link to that earlier on this topic)

1 or 2 lifeguard stations on the beach

1 main police station with a smaller substation if possible.

I'm thinking regards the lifeguard station, just a simple tower liek they usually have on the beach, but with space for a beach rescue vehicle to be parked and setup a script for it to park there. But nothing like a heli pad, that just seems excesive for a small stretch of beach haha! I've also got a sketchup model of Miami PD on Miami Beach, its pretty big so it'll just be the one PD station. As for Fire stations, I'm thinking perhaps 3 maybe 4 small houses, that way I can recycle the script from my Manhattan Mod which is setup for 4 FS.

As for hospital, I'm not sure whether to have a hospital or the stryker stretcher, I don't think both scripts will work well together, as it uses a whole new stretcher system which would mess up the hospital script. But yeah plenty of food for thought thanks for getting a discussion going :)

Anyway here's a mcdonalds I've just finished, part of the retail area next to the avenue I mentioned earlier. About to add a stripmall and a few other shops then I'm going to start the lifeguard station.

41xc.png

x

Small update, the area around 5th Ave is starting to take shape, I've begun there and by the FS and branching out street by street from both of those...

As always thoughts comments etc.

@JrFF34 I'll let you know if I need help but for now I'm mainly just on the lookout for 3D assistance. Thanks for the offer though :)

x

As suggested by Fred03

Me + EMC have been busy on a Lifeguard unit, it's now in game, it acts as a first response EMS ALS unit. It parks on map next to one of the few lifeguard towers, anyway here it is in action...

I previously didn't like the idea of lifeguard units, I thought it was just unecessary, especially in mods such as LA. However on this map in this mod it becomes an essential first response vehicle. Most of the beach is hard to get to by ambulance, so a quick response unit already on the beach makes EMS far more efficient.

Any other roles these personnel could perform?

Comments/Suggestions always welcome..

x

Yeah would it be possible to make a script that has a rescuer go bring people in the water to the shore?

Well the only calls Em4 generates in water are the vehicle into water scenario, but this would be pretty unlikely from a beach, so there's not gonna be any drowning type calls, just various EMS duties on the beach. There might be like a sinking ship or something where the coastguard get involved but that will be too far out for beach patrol to assist.