Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

First of all, I moved your post to the bugs topic, secondly because you are using a 32 bit OS and 911 first responders, so it won't work, so it won't work. Am I right in guessing your game and OS?

Yes,I do but how did the icon appear on the desktop the first time I installed the mod?

Not sure if this is where I report this but....

If you have the police chopper at the station, and use the BC to call a patrol car. If the helo is the nearest uint, it will respond.... in a weird way...post-6487-1258874816.jpg

post-6487-1258874758.jpg

post-6487-1258874842.jpg

post-6487-1258874787.jpg

What seems to happen is, instead of flying, it will go from the helipad down to the rear parking lot, and then "drive" there. The blades will not move. When the helo gets there, it will jump back into the sky and hover, but the blades still won't move.

If further explanation is needed or further screenshots, I will by happy to oblige.

I have ver 1.9.3 with the additional units submod and the Project Reality light pack. I also have the original map, not Hoppahs

Anyways I have installed multiple times w/o the icon being put on the desktop.I have vista but I have had this mod before and the icon on the desktop.I am sure I selected the desktop icon check box.Why doesm't it work?

What OS are you using? Vista/Windows 7? Try checking the following folder:

C:/Users/[Name]/Desktop/

If it really added the icon it should be visible in that folder too. If it's not there, something else happened. Maybe you installed the mod under a different user? I can't really look into your computer, so there is not much I can do.

Not sure if this is where I report this but....

If you have the police chopper at the station, and use the BC to call a patrol car. If the helo is the nearest uint, it will respond.... in a weird way...

What seems to happen is, instead of flying, it will go from the helipad down to the rear parking lot, and then "drive" there. The blades will not move. When the helo gets there, it will jump back into the sky and hover, but the blades still won't move.

If further explanation is needed or further screenshots, I will by happy to oblige.

I have ver 1.9.3 with the additional units submod and the Project Reality light pack. I also have the original map, not Hoppahs

It is probably a bug related to the reality light mod, I never had this before.

What OS are you using? Vista/Windows 7? Try checking the following folder:

C:/Users/[Name]/Desktop/

If it really added the icon it should be visible in that folder too. If it's not there, something else happened. Maybe you installed the mod under a different user? I can't really look into your computer, so there is not much I can do.

It is vista and I looked but it's not in there I installed a submod and it crashed so I had to un-install and re-install ,I am sure I selected the box for the icon because I have done this multiple times.Side note I installed service pack 1 before I re-installed the mod could this have downgraded it to 32 bit ?If it did how can I un-install it?

Guest ExplorerMike

I am still having trouble with the missions, after i beat the mission it doesn't let me do anything, like repeat or main menu options, the only think i have is to shut the game down? I have all the missions including from LA MOD, and the original missions, it just I'm having troubles to go back into the game after I beat the mission, ? Why is that? ANYONE? (I have the PATCH 3 installed)

Guest [SAP]Francis

Missing model and a nice orange bus that has a blue spot on the map and that is also able to have 10 person in it... Couldn't take pictures because they get all black when I tried to put them within Photoshop CS4. The orange bus is the one from the bomb attack mission. The missing model was driving next to the big car wash.

Another missing model next to the well-suited limo driver.

Another in the parking in front of the Car wash... D:

i say dont have the installer in 2.0. its not worth it; it complicates things and doesnt work too well. i mean honestly, anyone who cant figure out how to put a folder and files in their mod folder and then have the ModInstaller install the package has problems.

see, i installed LAMod and now whenever i try to play EM4 it starts up, loads a bit, then turns to a black screen that lasts forever (15+ minutes) and doesnt go away.

i say dont have the installer in 2.0. its not worth it; it complicates things and doesnt work too well. i mean honestly, anyone who cant figure out how to put a folder and files in their mod folder and then have the ModInstaller install the package has problems.

see, i installed LAMod and now whenever i try to play EM4 it starts up, loads a bit, then turns to a black screen that lasts forever (15+ minutes) and doesnt go away.

The installer works great. I am not responsible for kids who can't or don't read.

Guest Timeruler

Yep installer is nice.

No need to unzip or unrar stuff.

Can you add the possibility for the installer to make a backup of the original freeplaymap, so that when/if you ever uninstall the freeplaymap is restored.

Not that I think I'm going to use it, but someone might :D

:popcorn: waiting for LA Mod 2.0, it's gonna be awsome.

yes, but i asked for answers, not some stupid answers not pertaining to my original question. LAMod worked great with 1.8, and now it doesnt load. and i know it says it automatically loads it and theres a black screen, but i honestly dont think its supposed to last over 20 minutes.

yes, but i asked for answers, not some stupid answers not pertaining to my original question. LAMod worked great with 1.8, and now it doesnt load. and i know it says it automatically loads it and theres a black screen, but i honestly dont think its supposed to last over 20 minutes.

Can you load it from the modifications menu in the game?