Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Aii, too bad :(

I had the same problem too, untill i just bought a new computer with Intel processor. i had the same Dual Core too :(

To me it seems like the game slows down when there is not enough memory or cpu to load the selected unit's models and scripts.. i always got this problem when selecting two cops for example getting cones or fire equipment.

wow not enought memory or cpu, are you suggesting that this mod needs more memory and cpu than gta iv? wich runs fine by the way. I tryed a few other mods and they work fine.

wow not enought memory or cpu, are you suggesting that this mod needs more memory and cpu than gta iv? wich runs fine by the way. I tryed a few other mods and they work fine.

Sorry, my bad :) But AMD Processors ( some dual cores ) do have issues with multi threading in some games ( and GTA IV fully supports all types of multi threading, something EM4 does not ).. not all. But of course, it might be some other issue :) Better speak with hoppah.

I find it hard to believe my Core 2 Quad Q9300 overclocked to 3.4 GHz, 4 GB of RAM, and an overclocked GTX 260 is having problems playing the game.

Core 2 Quad is Intel and not AMD dual core :)

Hence, no problem.

Don't be rude.

That was rude? Its a legitimate question. People never run a defrag and wonder why after a year of use there pc runs like crap. Because the datas spread all over the hdd making the hard drive work much harder to find needles in a haystack worth of data. People run a POS antivrius like Norton or Mcaffe and wonder why there pc runs like crap. Well first of all the programs are bloated, and secondly there protection is worthless. I can pretty much guarantee any one running an anti virus like mentioned above, would find many viruses in there PC if they bothered to scan with Malwarebytes or Nod32. Then again with the lack luster security they had they most likley need to resort to something like F-Secure Rescue CD. This is designed to boot up under linux and scan you hard drive so windows doesnt load, preventing viruses from loading at the start of windows and becoming embedded in the OS.

Oh and I wouldnt trust the app, unless it was made by AMD, and even the I deal with computer building on a daily basis and never heard any one mention that app.

That was rude? Its a legitimate question. People never run a defrag and wonder why after a year of use there pc runs like crap. Because the datas spread all over the hdd making the hard drive work much harder to find needles in a haystack worth of data. People run a POS antivrius like Norton or Mcaffe and wonder why there pc runs like crap. Well first of all the programs are bloated, and secondly there protection is worthless. I can pretty much guarantee any one running an anti virus like mentioned above, would find many viruses in there PC if they bothered to scan with Malwarebytes or Nod32. Then again with the lack luster security they had they most likley need to resort to something like F-Secure Rescue CD. This is designed to boot up under linux and scan you hard drive so windows doesnt load, preventing viruses from loading at the start of windows and becoming embedded in the OS.

Well, to be honest i think that computers nowadays running high speed HDD's don't really care about defrags, do them once in a while, and you're good. unless of course you install everything directly into C:\ and have an old IBM hdd

But yes, people often run Free antivirus, which imo is just a gate to viruses. And often several of these running at the same time.. Several antivirus softwares and antimalware does not mean LESS viruses.. it simply means several softwares trying to use the same system files, which ends in none of them actually working and then rather than protecting the system, slows it down.. People, use One antivirus software. And my personal best antivirus is Avast Antivirus, works great in games, no scanning of every file when starting a game / app, and no lag.

Oh and I wouldnt trust the app, unless it was made by AMD, and even the I deal with computer building on a daily basis and never heard any one mention that app.

And the APP i mentioned is by AMD supporters and its verified by AMD, it was releases right after the AMD Dual Core driver by AMD, and fixed several bugs regarding the Driver that AMD did not have the time/cared to fix. The old Dual Core was not fully equipped with threading support, like the new ones, and Intel's.

And here is the official link.. So don't be frightened Xplorer4x4

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamicDet...&ItemID=153

But back on topic!...

Rodart

Hope you find your source of problem. Not really easy to find out whats causing this, when you run other mods fine.. But only suggestion i have is that LA Mod have some really detailed models compared to other mods, it might be the problem.

Well, to be honest i think that computers nowadays running high speed HDD's don't really care about defrags, do them once in a while, and you're good. unless of course you install everything directly into C:\ and have an old IBM hdd

But yes, people often run Free antivirus, which imo is just a gate to viruses. And often several of these running at the same time.. Several antivirus softwares and antimalware does not mean LESS viruses.. it simply means several softwares trying to use the same system files, which ends in none of them actually working and then rather than protecting the system, slows it down.. People, use One antivirus software. And my personal best antivirus is Avast Antivirus, works great in games, no scanning of every file when starting a game / app, and no lag.

And the APP i mentioned is by AMD supporters and its verified by AMD, it was releases right after the AMD Dual Core driver by AMD, and fixed several bugs regarding the Driver that AMD did not have the time/cared to fix. The old Dual Core was not fully equipped with threading support, like the new ones, and Intel's.

And here is the official link.. So don't be frightened Xplorer4x4

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamicDet...&ItemID=153

HDDS dont care about defrags? Unless your running SSDs, thats not ture. defrag hurts SSD but is best run about once a week or so on your main hard drive, and any hard drive for that matter.

As for running multiple security suites, i never said run them at the same time, but even then if you know what your doing you can easily run 2 at once. I meant Nod42 as a primary scanner and Malwarebytes as a back up.

Avast is good...for a free anti virus, its nothing compared to Nod32,Kaspersky,or even Comodo Anti Virus. Comodo Security Suite is free, and actually the best security software available right now, or atleast a top 3 as things change but Comodo is consistently a top 3 among both paid and freeware anti virus solutions. Nod32 has only given me trouble with one software, DVD Rebuilder Pro/Cinema Craft Encoder SP2 which its doubtful anyone here runs, or very very few at the least.

Oh and as for the AMD app, I still dont think there is a need. Maybe on older AMD Dual Cores, but not there current ones, but then again Intel makes a much better chip atm so go figure.

HDDS dont care about defrags? Unless your running SSDs, thats not ture. defrag hurts SSD but is best run about once a week or so on your main hard drive, and any hard drive for that matter.

“Fragmentation occurs when the operating system cannot or will not allocate enough contigous space to store a complete file as a unit, but instead puts parts of it in gaps between other files (usually those gaps exist because they formerly held a file that the operating system has subsequently deleted or because the operating system allocated excess space for the file in the first place"

To Defrag or not to defrag tutorial

I guess almost all people run NTFS system disk nowadays? NTFS is not fragmenting files the way FAT disks did, if you have more than enough space that is :)

And still, never experienced any Major decrease in Cpu or memory usage in games, only in benchmarks.. but of course, every computer is different, just have to give it a try, and hopefully you will find the source of the lag :) It could be the Units script files that are placed in a cluster that is fragmented, so try defrag. I myself tried that when i had that kind of lag, only thing that helped for me was to install the Optimizer, and change affinity. Helped instantly!

As for running multiple security suites, i never said run them at the same time, but even then if you know what your doing you can easily run 2 at once. I meant Nod42 as a primary scanner and Malwarebytes as a back up.

Of course, if you run a Proper antivirus fulltime, and for example the Windows Defender as a time-to-time scanner.. then you should be safe.. But if you install several Antivirus-software suites they will try to use same system files, whitch will then affect the protection from viruses.

Avast is good...for a free anti virus, its nothing compared to Nod32,Kaspersky,or even Comodo Anti Virus. Comodo Security Suite is free, and actually the best security software available right now, or atleast a top 3 as things change but Comodo is consistently a top 3 among both paid and freeware anti virus solutions. Nod32 has only given me trouble with one software, DVD Rebuilder Pro/Cinema Craft Encoder SP2 which its doubtful anyone here runs, or very very few at the least.

I've never tried the Free version of the Antivirus, but i guess it uses to some point the same virus database and scanner functions as the Fullversion, therefore i never had any kind of viruses. Only weakness it has is that it does not find hidden rootkits.. and i have a habit of getting them :(

Oh and as for the AMD app, I still dont think there is a need. Maybe on older AMD Dual Cores, but not there current ones, but then again Intel makes a much better chip atm so go figure.

Yes, older AMD Dual Cores, especially the X64 cores needed this to work correctly on some systems, therefore the patch... logically

BUT, back to Topic.

And i Still hope that he finds the solution to this problem, as several people have this issue with the mod. But if Hoppah designed the mod on his Dual Core, well - at least thats not the problem if you have a new Dual Core :)

That is 100% false. With the newer harddrives and OS's, there is no need to run a defrag once a week on a system. As a matter of fact, I restrict the use of the built-in defrag program on all of the networks I manage. I run a defrag maybe once a year on my systems or before I image a machine for deployement for a lab or something.

Avast is almost always on a top AV software list, along with the rest you mentioned. Same with AVG free. The point is to run one that does its job, and any of the ones mentioned above will do that.

Sorry, my bad :) But AMD Processors ( some dual cores ) do have issues with multi threading in some games ( and GTA IV fully supports all types of multi threading, something EM4 does not ).. not all. But of course, it might be some other issue :) Better speak with hoppah.

Core 2 Quad is Intel and not AMD dual core :)

Hence, no problem.

Wait, I sayd that Emergency 4 works fine, the game runs smooth and well, the problem is about LA mod, as I said before.

I could argue with you in a lots of points you made, but that's not going to help us solving the problem, wich you didn't say anything about there.

True Rodart :) But standard EM4 does not use as much CPU as when the mods models are loaded. My standard EM4, and other small mods worked fine, but when i loaded LA Mod, or Winterberg mod, the game was awfully slow when selecting units.

But, it could be many things.. if you tried the tips i gave you and they did not work, well.. i dont really know :( It worked for me that time when i had the exact same problem :(

Try to update DirectX, Sound drivers, Bink Video player.. ( i think Emergency 4 uses this player/plugin, Some icon shows in the taskbar when starting the game.. ) .. just to try all ..

True Rodart :) But standard EM4 does not use as much CPU as when the mods models are loaded. My standard EM4, and other small mods worked fine, but when i loaded LA Mod, or Winterberg mod, the game was awfully slow when selecting units.

But, it could be many things.. if you tried the tips i gave you and they did not work, well.. i dont really know :( It worked for me that time when i had the exact same problem :(

Try to update DirectX, Sound drivers, Bink Video player.. ( i think Emergency 4 uses this player/plugin, Some icon shows in the taskbar when starting the game.. ) .. just to try all ..

I tryed to do the affinity thing, after installing the dual core optimizer, but when i try to do so, an error diag comes up " operation could not be completed, access denied." oh by the way what you sent me was a amd power monitor not the dual core optimizer ¬¬ wich i'm downloading now.

Edit: Problem solved, you have to install amd dual core optimizer and THEN set the cpus affinity, it runs well now, but there's something else, when i select a unit, the "buttons for doing stuff" does not show up, so i can't do anything haha.

Anyway, thanks firstlyminator, that dual core optimizer thing makes everything run better.

I tryed to do the affinity thing, after installing the dual core optimizer, but when i try to do so, an error diag comes up " operation could not be completed, access denied." oh by the way what you sent me was a amd power monitor not the dual core optimizer ¬¬ wich i'm downloading now.

Edit: Problem solved, you have to install amd dual core optimizer and THEN set the cpus affinity, it runs well now, but there's something else, when i select a unit, the "buttons for doing stuff" does not show up, so i can't do anything haha.

Anyway, thanks firstlyminator, that dual core optimizer thing makes everything run better.

Anytime!

Sorry for the link though. Very good that you sorted it out :) Must have been the Driver/optimizer unlocking the ability to set affinity.

Well, the buttons problem i guess i've never had.. hehe :) Sounds weird, Hoppah must be the rescue :)

Anytime!

Sorry for the link though. Very good that you sorted it out :) Must have been the Driver/optimizer unlocking the ability to set affinity.

Well, the buttons problem i guess i've never had.. hehe :) Sounds weird, Hoppah must be the rescue :)

Bad news :P it's happening again, it worked just once and the buttons dissapeared, now the buttons show up, but it's the same. I think i'm going to give up ¬¬.

“Fragmentation occurs when the operating system cannot or will not allocate enough contigous space to store a complete file as a unit, but instead puts parts of it in gaps between other files (usually those gaps exist because they formerly held a file that the operating system has subsequently deleted or because the operating system allocated excess space for the file in the first place"

To Defrag or not to defrag tutorial

I guess almost all people run NTFS system disk nowadays? NTFS is not fragmenting files the way FAT disks did, if you have more than enough space that is :)

And still, never experienced any Major decrease in Cpu or memory usage in games, only in benchmarks.. but of course, every computer is different, just have to give it a try, and hopefully you will find the source of the lag :) It could be the Units script files that are placed in a cluster that is fragmented, so try defrag. I myself tried that when i had that kind of lag, only thing that helped for me was to install the Optimizer, and change affinity. Helped instantly!

Of course, if you run a Proper antivirus fulltime, and for example the Windows Defender as a time-to-time scanner.. then you should be safe.. But if you install several Antivirus-software suites they will try to use same system files, whitch will then affect the protection from viruses.

I've never tried the Free version of the Antivirus, but i guess it uses to some point the same virus database and scanner functions as the Fullversion, therefore i never had any kind of viruses. Only weakness it has is that it does not find hidden rootkits.. and i have a habit of getting them :(

The guy on that blog is an idiot. Funny he even goes as far as to say he defrags his drive once a week. Just because they use the same database doesnt say much when even there paid apps arent that great. Go on a tech forum and see what the experts, or better phrased, experienced users recommend. Nod32,and Kaspersky will undoubtedly be at the top of the list.

That is 100% false. With the newer harddrives and OS's, there is no need to run a defrag once a week on a system. As a matter of fact, I restrict the use of the built-in defrag program on all of the networks I manage. I run a defrag maybe once a year on my systems or before I image a machine for deployement for a lab or something.

Avast is almost always on a top AV software list, along with the rest you mentioned. Same with AVG free. The point is to run one that does its job, and any of the ones mentioned above will do that.

You dont strike me as network engineer,but none the less, its obvious that defrag will help performance if you understand what it does.

Please, AVG free is a joke, unless we are talking free anti viruses. Again, check tech forums and see what people recommend in terms of paid anti virus software. Just looking at Wikipedia alone, Nod32 by far, is the most recommended of all. AVG was by far the worst.

You dont strike me as network engineer,but none the less, its obvious that defrag will help performance if you understand what it does.

Please, AVG free is a joke, unless we are talking free anti viruses. Again, check tech forums and see what people recommend in terms of paid anti virus software. Just looking at Wikipedia alone, Nod32 by far, is the most recommended of all. AVG was by far the worst.

I don't strike you? How do you think network engineers should "act"? I do understand what a defrag is intended to accomplish. Yet if you bothered to test if it helps or not, you'd know that if there is any performance gain, it is negligible.

I don't check tech forums because the validity of the users posting there runs from the guy that still thinks his CD tray is a coffee cup holder to the guy that thinks that OC'ing his computer to 4.0Ghz makes him the coolest guy on the planet.

Wikipedia is user added content... no valid tests there either.

-d

I don't strike you? How do you think network engineers should "act"? I do understand what a defrag is intended to accomplish. Yet if you bothered to test if it helps or not, you'd know that if there is any performance gain, it is negligible.

I don't check tech forums because the validity of the users posting there runs from the guy that still thinks his CD tray is a coffee cup holder to the guy that thinks that OC'ing his computer to 4.0Ghz makes him the coolest guy on the planet.

Wikipedia is user added content... no valid tests there either.

-d

i do completely agree with you, I defrag once in like 3 or 4 months , depends on how many stuff I installed/uninstalled , but there's no performance gain , at least not that i see. I asked a few real life technicians about defraging, they explain me what is supposed to happen, but all of them (3) finished the explanation with a " it doesn't really matter". Anyway that doesn't have anything to do with the topic we are discussing. You can go have your argues at any tech forum or something. this is about la mod problems and bugs.

:D

Hmm.. very strange.. try to reinstall the game and install the mod again... Seems like the scripts aren't loading correctly..

it's working better right now,but i'm getting slowdowns when i select multiple units, anyway it's not that anoying to play now, great mod by the way :D. Thanks for your help :).

it's working better right now,but i'm getting slowdowns when i select multiple units, anyway it's not that anoying to play now, great mod by the way :D. Thanks for your help :).

It might have to do with certain commands of the units. Try to find out if the game only slows down when you select certain units.

idk its a bug but some times when my cops gets out of his car, the police disapear, but only this happen to me in multiplayer, thanks for reading :1046276057_GroupHug:

I've seen that happen in multiplayer when using the chase command. It's one of those bugs that don't have a fix, as far as I know.

I'm glad it worked for you! Hopefully you will find a solution to your new problem as well. :)

I notice that not everyone here is eager to help, even though we are in a Bugs section of the forum :) Hopefully they will find the path.....

Edit by: pyrothijs - Why don't you leave telling people how to behave on the forum to the forum staff, thank you very much

Not meaning to step on anybodys toes, just feel like there is no constructive coming out of the guy right here. Just stating my opinion. But again, i'm sorry.