Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Hoppah I found a bug with the chase commmand.

After I have the patrol car chase a suspect they both get out and are armed, and everything goes fine they drop off at the PD and get sent back to patrol. Then when I have to use the car again for the chase, the officer that gets out Driver side cannot unarm, holster his weapon, and cannot do anything if his partner ends up injuried.

Make him get a fire extinguisher or something and then drop it before returning the first criminal

Guest Mav1701

Has anyone even figured out why the accident near the hospital immediately explodes? The resulting fires also seem extreme - any unit parked on the street where the hedge row burns will usually blow up. I find it hard to even respond units to the scene except around the edges else they might explode. It even immediately spreads to the parking lot and causes all the cars to smoke, even those across one lane of the road...

I loaded the editor and looked at everything, I see no reason for the extremely damaging fire to even be there.

Guest altoproxima
Has anyone even figured out why the accident near the hospital immediately explodes? The resulting fires also seem extreme - any unit parked on the street where the hedge row burns will usually blow up. I find it hard to even respond units to the scene except around the edges else they might explode. It even immediately spreads to the parking lot and causes all the cars to smoke, even those across one lane of the road...

I loaded the editor and looked at everything, I see no reason for the extremely damaging fire to even be there.

If you look carefully then you should notice it is a truck loaded with fireworks. You can edit the smoke value, but I believe it is done with a purpose.

Guest Mav1701

Yeah the twinkies firework truck is in the wreck, but its not set any differently than the other wreck prototypes - and the truck is used in the big wreck (with the 10 cars/people) and it doesn't explode

also, I don't think its intentional because the cars all have people in them spawned for rescue, but they are destroyed/killed immediately when the event happens, just the one ejected person "survives." Now Hoppah may be leaving this "as is" rather than fixing it, I haven't seen him say one way or the other, but I find it to be more annoying than challenging

There's a 3 car accident behind fs1 that has the same exact thing happen. I've so far managed to save everyone, even in the 10 car, but! i'm still having a huge problem with the L.A bridge traffic lights, and vehicles blocking eachother. This completely kills it for me, cause i can have 100k points, and if that happens, i have to restart the entire freeplay.

I had a call out to a reported fire in freeplay (v1.9,Patch 3, Additional Units Submod), but when i hovered over the scene there was no visible fire until i had a truck onscene and then they started to extinguish it.

Not sure if it is a bug, or what not, but below is a screenshot.

LAFD cleaning the streets out of boredomness?

Guest Mav1701
I don't think that's a bug. It's meant to happen isn't it?

No, its set up to have 4 cars and 5 victims to rescue - the explosion basically destroys the whole accident except for the one pedestrian

Guest mrpolice1996
No, its set up to have 4 cars and 5 victims to rescue - the explosion basically destroys the whole accident except for the one pedestrian

Yes, i know which one you mean but i think it's meant to happen...

Guest Mav1701

But its buggy / acting weird as it stands.. any units on the street while the fire burns simply take damage and explode - almost as fast as the original accident. The fire jumps that street into the small parking lot even if the car fires are out, and it takes 3 engines to cool/extinguish the cars and buildings near the hospital. And if you happen to be unlucky enough for there to have been traffic on the street, you get chain explosions with no chance to stop them.. I had 9 wrecks in a row headed east before the 1st responders could even get there.

If its intentional, its broken.. and I'd like to know what causes the explosion so I can disable it on my personal copy

It would be an interesting incident if it wasn't so fast.. if the truck slow burned for a min or two before it detonates or something

Do you know which vehicle immediatly explodes? Or maybe all of them or only one?

Is that a picture of you Hoppah? :P

Wish it was. Useful pic for this forum at least.

Guest mrpolice1996
Do you know which vehicle immediatly explodes? Or maybe all of them or only one?

It's all of them.

Wish it was. Useful pic for this forum at least.

I'm sure it'll be used a lot.