Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Guest altoproxima
I would have to redo all the fixes on your version. Since it are only some particular intersections that got my attention I will addition those myself as it consists only of some minutes of work.

:)

Yes I know, I've placed traffic lights on 3 intersections. One is at the opera/concert/conference center (round building) One on the east side of the map, where you have the train tracks on the left, there is a road that comes in at a sharp angle. Umm ... crap I forgot where i have put the 3rd. I'll check later on tonight.

A little higher about facing to the opera building you mentioned?

That are my two spots, the spot I didn't check at yet is at the industry, the road comming down that you mentioned, I thought it was only used by patroling cars?

Yes I know, I've placed traffic lights on 3 intersections. One is at the opera/concert/conference center (round building) One on the east side of the map, where you have the train tracks on the left, there is a road that comes in at a sharp angle. Umm ... crap I forgot where i have put the 3rd. I'll check later on tonight.

Is it possible you can make and post pics of the locations of the added traffic lights?

Guest mrpolice1996
It is i think but the patrol cars some times get stuck crossing the street there.

A lot of my patrols get stuck around the map. But it is easy to get them moving again.

Guest altoproxima

Ok first point is the cinema/operahouse. This one alone reduced the gridlocks alot.

post-5732-1256759838.jpg

Next one is the one close to the great pile up, near the wall mart. (that's the one i couldn't remember.)

post-5732-1256759935.jpg

This the one were patrolcars get stuck with the crossing traffic. I've solved that by also placing traffic lights.

post-5732-1256760003.jpg

Last one, this is down below the hospital. This one also caused alot of problems.

post-5732-1256760131.jpg

With all these traffic lights added almost all my traffic problems are solved. Except for the redirect problem, but that is something else.

I hope this is was helpfull.

*Edit* Just realized this is my 40st post :) WEeeee

Guest SilverAutomatic

Hey all!

I'm having the freeplay crash issue as well. Though, I tried editing the em4.cfg file, downloading the new file, re-installing/re-patching the mod, and re-installing EM4 altogether with still no luck.

Any more ideas?

Guest SilverAutomatic
Put your logfile on read only, the crash has nothing to do with la mod

Did it and the freeplay still crashes after a few minutes, but it won't do it on the regular game, only the LA mod for me.

Hoppah do you want to add more paths for patrolcars and ambulances? It looks weird if you see ten patrolcars consecutively

Then dont send 10 cars. I wouldnt mind more paths but I dont find a need for more then 2 LAPD cars(I use slicktop and charger) patrolling the area werst of the LAPD station. 2CHP cars(2 chargers or vic and charger depending on my mood) patrolling the area around FS2, and 2 LASD cars(vics) patrolling the path along the top right of the map. Station a Port Cop in the Port Area and LASD Hummer over the tunnel, and I find I have more then enough officers patrolling and stationed around the map. Oh and as I send them to patrol I have one redirect the second car, so that they patrol the same path, just opposite directions. I find my coverage this way is excellent.

Guest ExplorerMike

Does it fix where the unmarked units could use the chase command, its funny cause I try the chase command with the unmarked units and all they do is like just cirlce the suspect car.

Does it fix where the unmarked units could use the chase command, its funny cause I try the chase command with the unmarked units and all they do is like just cirlce the suspect car.

Load the editor, and change the traits of the unmarked car so the unit type is the same as the regular pd car. Search for "unit type" and you should find some reference in how to do this in the editor if you dont know how.

guys can someone post screen of the new map cause i got 911 FR and not sure if its new or old map

If you have LA Mod1.9 its the new map most likley. Look at the small firestation and see if its a one story building or more. If its one story, then its the new map. If its more then 1 story, its the old map.

i did and there is no solution so its just a note

Use the edit button while your at it.

What dizza meant was read/search the topic, see its been reported already, and dont clutter up the thread with more reports of the same thing when were already well aware.

Released patch 3:

Patch 3

* DOWNLOAD *

Includes all previous patches

Size: 1,78 mb

Patch 3 fixes the following bugs:

- Fixed issue with the chase command

- Fixed missing LA Mod missions from the mission list

- Fixed issue with the command for rapid undeployment

- Added traffic lights to four intersections on the new map

- Both fire stations spawn with full staffing now

Patch 2 (included) fixes the following bugs:

- Fixed intersection where traffic got stuck on the new map

- Fixed physics of the pawn shop building on the new map

- Fixed several issues with the chase command

- Fixed rain which never stopped in freeplay mode

- Fixed diver not being available in mission 7

- Fixed HAZMAT squad parking problems at FS2

Patch 1 (included) fixes the following bugs:

- Fixed missing building on the new map

- Fixed physics of Wal-Mart building

- Added icons to the minimap of the new map

- Added traffic lights to three intersections on the new map

- Trailer of the tiller is invulerable to fire now

This patch updates the mod to: v1.9.3

I think the missing missions bug has been resolved now. Unfortunately, the patch will delete the achieved mission scores. That is necessary to get the whole missionlist back. If there are still issues with traffic getting stuck on the new freeplay map, please make screenshots (Fraps) so I exactly know where the vehicles are getting stuck and where they came from. Thanks in advance. :)

Hoppah