Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

i have few problems...

first one is: game crash every few mins, dunno why :O

i never had any problems similiar to that!!

other one: when there is "Car Theft" in progres, and i aprehend suspect, i can't tow the car.

any 1 had same problems??

Thing

Guest Firefighter21213
i have few problems...

first one is: game crash every few mins, dunno why :O

i never had any problems similiar to that!!

other one: when there is "Car Theft" in progres, and i aprehend suspect, i can't tow the car.

any 1 had same problems??

Thing

Go back and read my post a page or 2 back,might help with the game crash...as for the car theft,Not since i patched to patch 2.

Computer Specs:

Windows Vista 64-bit

Dell Studio laptop

Radeon HD4570

Dual Centrino 2.5GHZ processors

All Drivers are up-to-date, I've also ran codectweaker tool to check for broken codecs.

I have the digital download version of 911: First Responder

I tried to re-download, re-install (both full game and mods), same with the Patch 2, and my game still crashes when I attempt to load the mod. I've looked around and tried every other troubleshoot, but I think it has something to do with the logfile saying many (many) files are missing from the UI/Game/Icons Directory. [see attached log file, very bottom.]

As I said, I downloaded and re-downloaded both the main file (1.9) from this site, along with the Patch 2.

I was previously able to play the game (though there was the issue with compatibility, so I copied all of the files from my old XP system and the game ran great up until a few months back, not I have the regular game working, but not the mod... the last few installs of the game were done from the files and I used the compatibility fix that I found on here, so the old files aren't used anymore).

logfile.txt

Guest altoproxima
Computer Specs:

Windows Vista 64-bit

Dell Studio laptop

Radeon HD4570

All Drivers are up-to-date, I've also ran codectweaker tool to check for broken codecs.

I tried to re-download, re-install (both full game and mods), same with the Patch 2, and my game still crashes when I attempt to load the mod. I've looked around and tried every other troubleshoot, but I think it has something to do with the logfile saying many (many) files are missing from the UI/Game/Icons Directory. [see attached log file, very bottom.]

As I said, I downloaded and re-downloaded both the main file (1.9) from this site, along with the Patch 2.

I was previously able to play the game (though there was the issue with compatibility, so I copied all of the files from my old XP system and the game ran great up until a few months back, not I have the regular game working, but not the mod... the last few installs of the game were done from the files and I used the compatibility fix that I found on here, so the old files aren't used anymore).

Hello there, And :welcome:

What you need to do is remove the game completely, that means removing all directories after you have deinstalled the game. Most likely it leaves some directories . Then restart your PC. Reinstall the game, then the mod and then the patches.

Let me know if that works.

command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/AimedShot_disable.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/AimedShot_normal.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/AimedShot_over.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/AimedShot_mousedown.dds not found
cursor mod:UI/Game/Icons/Cursor/AimedShot.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/DummyHosesAreOn_disable.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/DummyHosesAreOn_normal.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/DummyHosesAreOn_over.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/DummyHosesAreOn_mousedown.dds not found
cursor mod:UI/Game/Icons/Cursor/DummyHosesAreOn.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/DummyFullHeal_disable.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/DummyFullHeal_normal.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/DummyFullHeal_over.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/DummyFullHeal_mousedown.dds not found
cursor mod:UI/Game/Icons/Cursor/DummyFullHeal.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/GetFlashgrenade_disable.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/GetFlashgrenade_normal.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/GetFlashgrenade_over.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/GetFlashgrenade_mousedown.dds not found
cursor mod:UI/Game/Icons/Cursor/GetFlashgrenade.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/PcmdArrest2_disable.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/PcmdArrest2_normal.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/PcmdArrest2_over.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/PcmdArrest2_mousedown.dds not found
cursor mod:UI/Game/Icons/Cursor/PcmdArrest2.dds not found
command icon mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/DummyArrest_disable.dds not found

Computer Specs:

Windows Vista 64-bit

Dell Studio laptop

Radeon HD4570

These errors are normal, everyone has them and I can explain that if you want. They can't cause a crash. What kind of crash are uoi experiencing? a crash to desktop where it fully closes the game or a freeze?

Edit: My only concern in your logfile is this:

CPU:Pentium II/III FPU MMX ISSE 3DNow!

It might be bullsh*t because my logfile mentions a Pentium IV and I don't even have a Pentium PC!

What about other mods or just the game without mods?

These errors are normal, everyone has them and I can explain that if you want. They can't cause a crash. What kind of crash are uoi experiencing? a crash to desktop where it fully closes the game or a freeze?

Edit: My only concern in your logfile is this:

It might be bullsh*t because my logfile mentions a Pentium IV and I don't even have a Pentium PC!

What about other mods or just the game without mods?

First, thanks for the very quick reply from the creator himself (along with altoproxima, and thanks for the welcome), I really appreciate knowing that, unlike a lot of Modders I've known, you stick with your product and troubleshoot problems yourself, even if it is most likely very time consuming.

Back to the problem:

The game simply locks up, stops responding after I click to load the mod in-game. The regular game works just fine, I don't have other mods to try. I did try altoproxima's suggestion as well, followed his instructions to the dot, still no-go.

Attached is the new logfile and dxdiag to show the correct CPUs.

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

First, thanks for the very quick reply from the creator himself (along with altoproxima, and thanks for the welcome), I really appreciate knowing that, unlike a lot of Modders I've known, you stick with your product and troubleshoot problems yourself, even if it is most likely very time consuming.

Back to the problem:

The game simply locks up, stops responding after I click to load the mod in-game. The regular game works just fine, I don't have other mods to try. I did try altoproxima's suggestion as well, followed his instructions to the dot, still no-go.

Are you running the game via the LA Mod Short cut the install provides. If so that your probelm that loads the mod. So there no need to load the mod again just got freeplay or campaign and play.

It is normal for the game to freeze when loading a mod. Wait about 5-10 minutes before you deide that it is frozen. It could just be loading the mod.

Are you running the game via the LA Mod Short cut the install provides. If so that your probelm that loads the mod. So there no need to load the mod again just got freeplay or campaign and play.

That shortcut doesn't work for 64-bit, so I've been told ;)

It is normal for the game to freeze when loading a mod. Wait about 5-10 minutes before you deide that it is frozen. It could just be loading the mod.

I've let it sit for about 30 minutes, but it wouldn't hurt to try again while I'm waiting for a new reply anyway.

Guest altoproxima
i have the traffic jams all over the map!!! plz help :8:

Have you patched the game with patch 2 ? If not do so as soon as possible, that solves a lot of problems.

Whatever you do, do not redirect traffic. I know the traffic redirectors on the vehicles are useless then.

Secondly do not let your ambulances and police patrol the streets, that also tends to cause traffic jams. Put your ambulances all over the city and put them on standby.

Hang in there I have strong believes that Hoppah and his crew are working on the problems with the map.

Guest altoproxima
I've let it sit for about 30 minutes, but it wouldn't hurt to try again while I'm waiting for a new reply anyway.

Any luck ?

While it is loading do you hear or see alot of harddrive activity even after 30 minutes ?

LA mod tends to load realy slow here to, but not longer then 3 minutes.

Any luck ?

While it is loading do you hear or see alot of harddrive activity even after 30 minutes ?

LA mod tends to load realy slow here to, but not longer then 3 minutes.

Negative, shortly after clicking to load the mod, the game doesn't even take CPU power away. I downloaded another mod, and that one did load (I also compared the CPU while the two were loading, the second mod showed activity even as it appeared "frozen" while the LA Mod showed no activity on the CPUs.)

Maybe I'll wait until I get Windows 7 and hope it was just a Vista problem.

That shortcut doesn't work for 64-bit, so I've been told ;)

It may not work. However I know for a fact that it can work with window Vista 64 as it has worked for me since hoppah asked people to test it.

Negative, shortly after clicking to load the mod, the game doesn't even take CPU power away. I downloaded another mod, and that one did load (I also compared the CPU while the two were loading, the second mod showed activity even as it appeared "frozen" while the LA Mod showed no activity on the CPUs.)

It not a Vista 64 Bit issue. My system at home is windows 64 Bit vista LA Mod and 911 works just fine.

i have the traffic jams all over the map!!! plz help :8:

That will do.

I have trees all over the map! :unsure:

I have people all over the map! :s

I have traffic lights all over the map! :mellow:

I have cars all over the map! :huh:

I have buildings all over the map! :Oo

You are either blocking all streets yourself or you really need to show pictures of the where the jams have been started.

Guest altoproxima

Damn ... :gruebel: I'm a bit puzzled right now.

Have you tried disabling all the programs that are running in the background, not necessary to run EM4 ?

To be honest, it also took me ALOT of effort into getting LA mod to wwork on my computer.

Those files mentioned earlier, are those in the respective folders ?. I am so hoping you can play the game with this mod, it's realy realy worth your while :)

And one little more tip-of-the-trade :)

If you feel the game runs slowly, and you are running a AMD Dual-Core CPU.. Then do this to fix it :)

Open the Task Manager ( CTRL-ALT-DEL ) Right click on the EM4.exe \ EM4deluxe.exe .. And choose "Set Affinity"

Then unhook one of the CPU's that are assigned to the game. So that only ONE CPU remains hooked out.

This will focus only one CPU part to the game, and this will fix alot of "slowliness" :1046276057_GroupHug:

Greetings! I have issue about game. It crash all time when i play with my friend. He host the game and i joined it. After ten minutes it complete crash.

I have windows 7. I try assign rights, set compability but nothing helps. Please i need some advice!

Greetings! I have issue about game. It crash all time when i play with my friend. He host the game and i joined it. After ten minutes it complete crash.

I have windows 7. I try assign rights, set compability but nothing helps. Please i need some advice!

:welcome: to the forums. Does the game work when you play the normal game?

Damn ... :gruebel: I'm a bit puzzled right now.

Have you tried disabling all the programs that are running in the background, not necessary to run EM4 ?

To be honest, it also took me ALOT of effort into getting LA mod to wwork on my computer.

Those files mentioned earlier, are those in the respective folders ?. I am so hoping you can play the game with this mod, it's realy realy worth your while :)

Just tried shutting down all programs besides OS/EM4/primary programs via task manager, still nothing.

Those files do not appear to be in the respective folders, but I'm not entirely sure that's what's causing the crash. It seems the game stops responding as soon as I click OK to load the mod.

Might be audio or video codecs too. Everytime I minimize (alt-tab) the game, I got the ffdshow audio decoder (which is part of the K-Lite codec pack) icon in my taskbar. That means codecs are running on the background when the game is started.