Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

I think this has been mentioned before,but not sure if someone posted a screen shot for you to look at Hoppah,you mangaged to fix the traffic jam near PD station,but now similar issue is occuring near where taxi's are parked.Screenshot below,you can t move the van,so i shot it up and then towed it away to rthen clear the jam.

em42009100414193696.th.jpg

Guest madforce
I've also placed a traffic light at the intersection of the cinema/expo (round building east of the Fire station) That does delay alot of the traffic problems. But one crucial mistake was made when you look at the south west corner of the police station. Cars make a left turn from the first lane. I have so far found two of them.

Yeah, I'm kinda going away from using the patrol function and instead adding additional parking/standby spaces in strategic areas where a unit would otherwise patrol.

As far as the right lane left hand turning, that I find is the case which it appears in at least 2 paths to my memory after redirecting, I know path 9 is one and its a result of redirecting traffic. The only way i have found that eliminates those turns is adjusting the paths to change their entry/exit on the main road so that when you redirect they don't get put in the wrong position. I've eliminated that bottleneck, when redirecting, need to work on the other ones.

I don't want to have to avoid using the redirect, so I've been adjusting intersections and paths to avoid those bottlenecks when redirecting, and at the same decreasing traffic intervals on some roads to marginally increase traffic and so far it's working well. Still have another path to change. Also may adjust a different path since there is now a street with no traffic because the bottlenecking path was moved to another street so it wouldn't end up in the bottlenecked state when its redirected with those right lane, left hand turns.

Guest madforce
I think this has been mentioned before,but not sure if someone posted a screen shot for you to look at Hoppah,you mangaged to fix the traffic jam near PD station,but now similar issue is occuring near where taxi's are parked.Screenshot below,you can t move the van,so i shot it up and then towed it away to rthen clear the jam.

If i'm not mistaken, thats a result of redirecting a path. The only fix to those I've found have been adjusting paths and monitoring the return route to eliminate those turns when the cars backtrack as a result of the redirect command. That's why you can't move the van, cause it's already under the order of a previous redirect.

Hoppah please fix the bug with the lost missions. If I play some your missions so after Is in LA mod only missions 11-30. where are your missions?

I too realized I had this problem this morning. Missions 1-10 do not show up in the list, only 11-30.

-d

I have the same thing, followed by traffic lights that are always red and civilian cars that don't respond to directional lights or traffic cops.

Hey Hoppah,

I have the same problem even with the patch 2 installed. The cars don't respond to directional signals or cops.

Red Lights don't turn green. i'll try to send a video soon from my Black Berry Curve. :ohm

If i'm not mistaken, thats a result of redirecting a path. The only fix to those I've found have been adjusting paths and monitoring the return route to eliminate those turns when the cars backtrack as a result of the redirect command. That's why you can't move the van, cause it's already under the order of a previous redirect.

Your right to some extent I believe. Once redirected you cant redirect again. However, I dont think this is a pathing issue. Atleast not in the manner described. Once you redirect the vehicle is adjusted to a new path. Not back tracking its previous path. As for the redirect not working, the main place I have an issue with this is the wreck behind the police station parking lots entrance. It seems any time I try to redirect the west bound traffic, it never works on that strip of road. Even if I clear the wreck, and give a clear path for traffic to proceed, there will be 3 or 4 cars, none of which will redirect, and I end up having to blow them up and haul them off.

Hey Hoppah,

I have the same problem even with the patch 2 installed. The cars don't respond to directional signals or cops.

Red Lights don't turn green. i'll try to send a video soon from my Black Berry Curve. :ohm

Just use FRAPS to take the video..It will provide a clear video of whats going on.

I have noticed that if their are cars stick in the intersection the signal lights will not turn,or the cars will not move even if the patch that's blocked does not interfere with the rest of the traffic.Another problem is cars coming off side streets into the main road the are always clogging up the street by turning into another car.The street next to the stadium,the traffic will not respond to the cop.

Guest MGC|Uthog
Your right to some extent I believe. Once redirected you cant redirect again. However, I dont think this is a pathing issue. Atleast not in the manner described. Once you redirect the vehicle is adjusted to a new path. Not back tracking its previous path. As for the redirect not working, the main place I have an issue with this is the wreck behind the police station parking lots entrance. It seems any time I try to redirect the west bound traffic, it never works on that strip of road. Even if I clear the wreck, and give a clear path for traffic to proceed, there will be 3 or 4 cars, none of which will redirect, and I end up having to blow them up and haul them off.

I had the same, as soon as the wreckage was cleared the first 2 cars started driving and some others didnt so i needed to blow them up and tow them away.

Not a hard bug but anoying somethimes i just see it as a close by accident:P

Guest madforce

Just use FRAPS to take the video..It will provide a clear video of whats going on.

Follow a car and redirect it, every redirection follows it's path into the map, right back out. It doesn't choose a new path, it just reverses it's current path but will travel the same streets. They just don't know how to travel smart and will sometimes end up on the wrong side of a 4 lane highway and make a left turn from the right lane on its way back. While it's not necessarily a pathing issue, moving on and off a 4 lane path can 'confuse' the AI so to speak that they redirect in the wrong lane. Adjusting the paths so the traffic always ends up in the right spots along its path and back when redirected avoids the issue. This is specifically in regards to the redirected traffic that make the left turn from the right lane, and both those images provided are from redirected cars backtracking their way out.

Removing a couple larger vehicles, the metro bus (its gotten stuck a few times and it just patrols the main road on a redirect) and the big ugly box truck (civil truck 08) can help some jams not develop as they seem to be involved in a few of them when things get congested.

Guest zachgo90

Hello,

I am new to posting on this forum, but I have been reading this form for about two years.

Anyway, I am having some trouble with the freeplay and challenge options in V1.9. The game keeps crashing after 10 minutes. When I play mission under Los Angeles Mod, the game works fine. I saw someone else posted about this issue, and I did reinstall the game and mod; however, the game still keeps on crashing. Can someone please help? Thanks

Hello,

I am new to posting on this forum, but I have been reading this form for about two years.

Anyway, I am having some trouble with the freeplay and challenge options in V1.9. The game keeps crashing after 10 minutes. When I play mission under Los Angeles Mod, the game works fine. I saw someone else posted about this issue, and I did reinstall the game and mod; however, the game still keeps on crashing. Can someone please help? Thanks

:welcome: to the forums. Can you please post a logfile.

Guest altoproxima

One more bug foud, at least I think, it's a minor one. The forest truck with 4 hose connections the firemen when you "clean up" do not enter the vehicle when using the rapid deployment button.

Guest madforce
One more bug foud, at least I think, it's a minor one. The forest truck with 4 hose connections the firemen when you "clean up" do not enter the vehicle when using the rapid deployment button.

I can confirm this. Just loaded a game and pulled out the USFS Fire Engine to see. Waited to make sure they all hooked up, then hit rapid deployment again. They disconnect hoses, but don't get in the truck. Nothing major, I hadn't even put that truck to use.

Guest altoproxima
I can confirm this. Just loaded a game and pulled out the USFS Fire Engine to see. Waited to make sure they all hooked up, then hit rapid deployment again. They disconnect hoses, but don't get in the truck. Nothing major, I hadn't even put that truck to use.

I just used it for a big fire I had :)) Things kinda ran out of hand when regulating traffic.. :police:

Yes, open fp_params_endless.xml located in the Specs folder with WordPad and scroll down to the Climate settings.

Simple delete the following line from the 'fair' weather type:

<transition state="light rain" weight="1.0"/>

Excuse me for saying so but, there is no light rain under fair. :gruebel:

Having just installed 2nd patch, must say, I noticed a large improvement. Though, after playing for a mere 45 minutes, I had over 13 officer's redirecting traffic because of conjestion.