Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Here's the cars that causes the redirecting/traffic bug.. seems like they stop all traffic behind them also..

But i think you can solve this Hoppah, by making the vehicles transportable with the flatbed vehicle transporter / rescue truck :) Because i think the cars behind will drive on when you remove the first car in the line.

redirecting.jpg

If you cant redirect them you already redirected them before.

I can now confirm this is NOT true as I expected all along. Started a game earlier. First call was a bomb in the drive way to the far right side of the map. I sent an ALS engine from FS2 to stand by with its directional lights on. The ALS was facing north so the cars behind would turn around and head south to the 2 lane road, and exit the map. Then I had an incident by the police station. Sent a cop to redirect traffic, and the cars refused to redirect. Since the cars being redirected by the ALS engine were leaving the map it is impossible to be the same car(s).

Oh and the new rapid deploy does not work on the brush truck. FF unhooks and stands there.

Oh and the new rapid deploy does not work on the brush truck. FF unhooks and stands there.

That is also true. Don't know why.. but at several other occations this happens to other fire engines as well. not only the brush truck.. Seems like it depende on the position they are on the map.

But this traffic redirecting problem is a real bugger. Can't seem to put my finger on where the problem occurs.. and why..

Guest altoproxima

That is something I mentioned a couple of posts earlier. So that is confirmed as a minor bug, it doesn't bother me that it does not work :) Since it's a new invention and not included in the original game, so I am kind of used to doing to deployment without that button :laugh:

At last ive found a kind of bugs too =)

1. After vehicle fire extinguished, burned truck cant be transported away.

http://em4.3dn.ru/photo/5-0-39-3

2. Sound bug.

Fire engine with turned off siren and autosiren inactive.

I turn siren on and press Rapid deployment. After while - I pressed "Rapid curtailment" :)

Now siren sound cant be turned off inspite of any button pressed.

If you cant redirect them you already redirected them before.

I can actually confirm that. I was able to redirect the cars shown on the screenshot of Firstyminator, but as soon I tried to redirect them again they didn't respond to the officer. I don't think I can fix this.

seems pretty strange.. does that only apply to the cars shown on the picture ? Because other cars seems to work fine... but i don't know... but the times the traffic chaos start, it's often because of these cars.. :(

But you might add the possibility to transport them away with a tow truck ? Like for example in Winterberg Mod, when you can transport away cars even with persons inside :)

I can actually confirm that. I was able to redirect the cars shown on the screenshot of Firstyminator, but as soon I tried to redirect them again they didn't respond to the officer. I don't think I can fix this.

That may be the case some times, but like I said earlier, it is not always the case as I had redirect issues on almost a completely fresh game.

I still dont understand how people are having major traffic jams when using the second patch.

So if that happens the only option is to have the police blow it up, the fire department put out the flames and the tow truck come drag it away....to clear a traffic jam?

Well you dont have to rely on the FD. You can rely on a single officer if you want. Typically I use 2 officers, one with a gun, and one with a fire extinguisher. This keeps my fire units freed up.

Guest NPD-Traffic

Also i havent a clue if it is i but ff with the rapid deploy on the some trucks dont get it automatically sometimes. As well as for the massive truck by the police station and main intersection just off the fire house vehicles turn and get stuck on on comming traffic. One more question :P i kept trying to send my bat. suv back to station and he refused to do so he would just sit there half way across the map. i even tryed sending him right to the fire house door and using the command but it still did not move.

Guest HCSOcitation

Hoppah, first off let me tell you that you did a GREAT job on the mod. with the sounds, models etc.

That being said, I have read through some of these posts and see I'm not the only one with this problem. Mainly, in the north west and central west of the multiplayer map, civilians crossing the road become blocked somehow. They stop and create lines across roadways which create traffic jams which totally impede emergency operations. Also, I've noticed the dogs/wolves, while nice additions to the games detail they often stop on the sidewalk and create pedestrian jams which back up on the roadways. Again creating traffic back-ups. Any plans for fixing these issues in a later patch/version? Do these pedestrians operate on a script? Is there a temporary fix I can make to some script file or waypoint system to prevent any pedestrian from crossing the street?

Thanks and good work again!

Guest viper912

Sorry this may seem dumb but i cant figure out how to load the new mod. it says that i can load it in the ingame menu but when i go there there is only an option for EM4 or version 1.8.1 When i added the older version it had an icon that did all the adding from the version menu. i dont have that now and i am not sure how i can add version 1.9. please help.

EDIT: I thought that was only with vista

It works with everythng but 911FR and Vista 64 bit.

on the older version yes i used the mod installer. i dont think i have that for this one.

When you download 1.9, in the zip there is an exe installer. If you use that you can make it create a desktop shortcut to automatically load the mod.