Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

I went into the map editor and deleted the fence by the hospital so no more stick ups their.....But that walmart parking lot is a nightmare when u dispatch vehicles to the lot they go on the road behind the shopping center,and when you dispatch to hospitals or some areas the get lost in the wally world parking lot.somewhat realistic i guess even seen some of those parking lots.

Guest Firefighter21213
Hello,

I am new to posting on this forum, but I have been reading this form for about two years.

Anyway, I am having some trouble with the freeplay and challenge options in V1.9. The game keeps crashing after 10 minutes. When I play mission under Los Angeles Mod, the game works fine. I saw someone else posted about this issue, and I did reinstall the game and mod; however, the game still keeps on crashing. Can someone please help? Thanks

I got same problem,im researching every possibility,My desktop runs Perfect,My laptop crash's to Desktop within 10-50mins...If i knew where to look for a error,id be all over it,but im stumped...Weird emergency 4 works fine,but the La mod(Freeplay and multiplayer) messes up.I've tried the configure file,Read the FAQ,Read a ton of things,but obviously im missing something.Somewhere a file has to be missing, or the Pc is seeing it as a threat and blocks it when it finds it.Still confused here...

Guest [SAP]Francis

Minor issue found. :P

Near the place where the english truck blocked traffic, there is a concrete cliff. If you click between the actual land and that object with a police officer for example, this will make it so you can spawn hundreds and hundreds of cars per minute... resulting in a damn crash. :P I've taken a screenshot to demonstrate what I mean. Unfortunately, it ended up being a black screen. Can anybody confirm this? :)

Go near the intersection near the river and the railway. Then on the brick wall, there is a metal barrier, at the end of it, going counterside of the railway (up the little hill), take a police officer and right click between the object and the land (being a parking here with a FedEx vehicle) and there will be the "Send unit" cursor. It will call a police car as backup. Try it or I will take a video. :P

Guest madforce
Having just installed 2nd patch, must say, I noticed a large improvement. Though, after playing for a mere 45 minutes, I had over 13 officer's redirecting traffic because of conjestion.

Well, when it gets that bad, I'd used to just send an officer to the 4 main entry points on the main road and place a few cones or leave a unit to stop traffic flowing into the city. Regardless, just make sure to not position your patrol car or make sure you clear a civilian car if it's near being directly under a traffic light. It can sit in the virtual object and keep the lights from changing. So keep an eye upstream that a backup doesn't leave a car on the 'pad' so to speak, otherwise it makes it harder to clear the jam as the outbound doesn't flow due to the lights not changing.

Removing some of the large vehicles, the metro bus and the transport trucks, the big box trucks help as they tend to get hung easier on a couple corners and if 2 cars meet at around the same time. The smaller vehicles work it out. And there are 2 routes that I can say off the top of my head will cause additional jams as when redirected they try to make that left turn from the right lane off the main road and get 'stuck'.

I still get some backups, they are inevitable, but I'm at a stage with the adjusted paths and lights that they are fairly easy to remedy, just takes a little more multi-tasking to correct the flow whiel handling normal calls. I'm redirecting at will, and i'll play for several hours making notes on the paths/lights/intersections that don't flow and make adjustments but I'm pleased overall for sure.

Near the place where the english truck blocked traffic, there is a concrete cliff. If you click between the actual land and that object with a police officer for example, this will make it so you can spawn hundreds and hundreds of cars per minute... resulting in a damn crash. :P I've taken a screenshot to demonstrate what I mean. Unfortunately, it ended up being a black screen. Can anybody confirm this? :)

Go near the intersection near the river and the railway. Then on the brick wall, there is a metal barrier, at the end of it, going counterside of the railway (up the little hill), take a police officer and right click between the object and the land (being a parking here with a FedEx vehicle) and there will be the "Send unit" cursor. It will call a police car as backup. Try it or I will take a video. :P

Since you know how to reproduce it, it would be best if you could create a video. If it's something that can produce a crash, I'm sure they'd like to see if they can easily make a correction if its even possible. It might be something that all is needed is a virtual object that prohibits a unit from being able to access that spot.

I got same problem,im researching every possibility,My desktop runs Perfect,My laptop crash's to Desktop within 10-50mins...If i knew where to look for a error,id be all over it,but im stumped...Weird emergency 4 works fine,but the La mod(Freeplay and multiplayer) messes up.I've tried the configure file,Read the FAQ,Read a ton of things,but obviously im missing something.Somewhere a file has to be missing, or the Pc is seeing it as a threat and blocks it when it finds it.Still confused here...

If you can, try to track what events are occurring when the crash occurs. Is there a pattern that when something triggers your machine is crashing. I've very stable and have only been crashing on my script errors :D so i'm not sure what the issue might be. All I can think of besides producing the log file for the experts is just looking for a pattern.

Guest [SAP]Francis

Watch out madforce, that's triple post right there. :nein:

As for the video, I have made a 5 minutes video explaining it all... before noticing that there was no sound :1046274283_heul::wall:

Hello,

I am new to posting on this forum, but I have been reading this form for about two years.

Anyway, I am having some trouble with the freeplay and challenge options in V1.9. The game keeps crashing after 10 minutes. When I play mission under Los Angeles Mod, the game works fine. I saw someone else posted about this issue, and I did reinstall the game and mod; however, the game still keeps on crashing. Can someone please help? Thanks

Read the FAQ.

Oh I found another bug the black unmarked car will not chase..it gets close to the target and just starts going around it but never stops and the officer never gets out.

Been reported a dozen times already.

Never noticed that, but I sent an ALS Ambulance to that intersection when the wreck happened there, and the drivers side got stuck inside the wall just barley. I couldnt move the ambulance unless I backed it straight back up the hill to flat ground.

Guest Firefighter21213
If you can, try to track what events are occurring when the crash occurs. Is there a pattern that when something triggers your machine is crashing. I've very stable and have only been crashing on my script errors :D so i'm not sure what the issue might be. All I can think of besides producing the log file for the experts is just looking for a pattern.

I agree looking to see if a single Unit im dispatching is causing the crash or if it just hates me,maybe a certain dispatch crash's to desktop,right now anything is a possibility,However maybe you expert guys who know this game in and out can come up with something,I attached my logfile.encase you didnt read whats wrong,I get crash to desktop in about 10-50 mins of multiplayer or Freeplay,Only in La 1.9.The La 1.8 did samething.So i know its the mod,the missions and the reg emergency 4 work perfectly fine.Running windows vista,I downloaded the configuration file and all updates to the PC,Im still researching the game,I'll keep posting updates if i figure anything out.If you review the logfile,feel free to message me,or reply here.Thanks to all helping in this issue.

logfile.txt

I have been reading about people complaining about traffic, I'm on the the second patch and the only issue I have with traffic is that pedestrians seem to like to walk into the middle of traffic, my solution is to arrest them with a police unit that is handy, and Hoppah, any chance that the tiller will be made to be able to deploy onto a building?

Great work btw, the mod is a dream especially the tiller truck, I think that at every free-play that i start I usually swap out the tower for the tiller, very quickly so as not to let a fire spring up on me.

Guest madforce
I have been reading about people complaining about traffic, I'm on the the second patch and the only issue I have with traffic is that pedestrians seem to like to walk into the middle of traffic, my solution is to arrest them with a police unit that is handy, and Hoppah, any chance that the tiller will be made to be able to deploy onto a building?

Great work btw, the mod is a dream especially the tiller truck, I think that at every free-play that i start I usually swap out the tower for the tiller, very quickly so as not to let a fire spring up on me.

The issue most are seeing involve redirecting traffic, when the traffic flows back the way it comes, a couple paths try to make left turns from the right lane and two cars get 'hung' on each other. And due to the fact they were already redirected, you can't move em without shooting and towing them away. The only fix I have found is adjusting paths so those cars end up in the right positions if they get redirected.

The two biggest traffic issues I had in the past were redirected traffic, and patrolling unit issues. Adjusting paths and additional standby parking for patrol units fixed the majority of those issues.

Great job on 1.9 Hoppah. I did find a something funky and just wanted to report it in case others report the same thing.

At the bridge on the western side of the map I was having trouble with issuing commands. The AI took a while to figure it out then ran to the edge of the bridge item and started working on the injured guy from there (two red arrows). The actual injured person is a ways away. The Medic car also wouldn't take commands to go on the bridge, it stops right at the line as well.

Seems to have happened after a little bit of playtime as I was able to issue the police commands to be on the bridge earlier. You can see the seam that the medics wouldn't go past.

I will try to recreate, but may have just been something funky with my setup.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/Gen...tgoonbridge.jpg

Guest MFD102Explorer

I installed the LA Mod V 1.9

It will not load and V 1.8 always loads. I deleted the 1.8 file and tried again, only for it to bring up the attached screen shot. I deleted both mods and tried installing 1.8 then 1.9, but V 1.8 still always loads instead of 1.9 under the "Modifications" section of the game play.

Ive tried the above and many other ways numerous times but nothing. I am extremely annoying to try and get it work but it wont!

I noticed 1.8 installs via the Mod Installer while 1.9 does not...

Please help as I am very frustrated!

post-6385-1254803606.jpg

I installed the LA Mod V 1.9

It will not load and V 1.8 always loads. I deleted the 1.8 file and tried again, only for it to bring up the attached screen shot. I deleted both mods and tried installing 1.8 then 1.9, but V 1.8 still always loads instead of 1.9 under the "Modifications" section of the game play.

Ive tried the above and many other ways numerous times but nothing. I am extremely annoying to try and get it work but it wont!

I noticed 1.8 installs via the Mod Installer while 1.9 does not...

Please help as I am very frustrated!

And what if you scroll down in that list? And why do you first install v1.8 and then v1.9?

As usual:

Older versions of the LA Mod are not required. You only need this package to play the newest version.

Great job on 1.9 Hoppah. I did find a something funky and just wanted to report it in case others report the same thing.

At the bridge on the western side of the map I was having trouble with issuing commands. The AI took a while to figure it out then ran to the edge of the bridge item and started working on the injured guy from there (two red arrows). The actual injured person is a ways away. The Medic car also wouldn't take commands to go on the bridge, it stops right at the line as well.

Seems to have happened after a little bit of playtime as I was able to issue the police commands to be on the bridge earlier. You can see the seam that the medics wouldn't go past.

I will try to recreate, but may have just been something funky with my setup.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/Gen...tgoonbridge.jpg

I don't think I can fix that, but you should able to send the medic on the bridge first and then click the patient. The only difference I noticed is that it takes a while for the AI before it starts moving. Once you issued the command it takes a few seconds before they start moving onto the bridge.

O, I have antoher problem. It's in Dutch, because I don't know how to say in English.

Ik heb 1.9 geïnstalleerd, maar ik zie dat er een gebouw niet staat. Ik zie twee blokken, bovenop elkaar gestapeld, met de tekst ''Missing ModelFile'' erop. Ik heb geprobeert de patch voor 1.9 te installeren, maar hij zegt dat ik 1.9 niet geïnstalleerd heb. (Ik speel de normale EM4, niet de deluxe. Ik heb wel 1.9 geïnstalleerd. Ik heb ook em4 deluxe, maar ik speel eigenlijk alleen op em4)

O, I have antoher problem. It's in Dutch, because I don't know how to say in English.

Ik heb 1.9 geïnstalleerd, maar ik zie dat er een gebouw niet staat. Ik zie twee blokken, bovenop elkaar gestapeld, met de tekst ''Missing ModelFile'' erop. Ik heb geprobeert de patch voor 1.9 te installeren, maar hij zegt dat ik 1.9 niet geïnstalleerd heb. (Ik speel de normale EM4, niet de deluxe. Ik heb wel 1.9 geïnstalleerd. Ik heb ook em4 deluxe, maar ik speel eigenlijk alleen op em4)

set the map edit able and try again.

You got that problem because you have both games installed. :1046275767_ugly:

There is a patch in .rar file format a few pages back. Use that to install the patch manually.

Okay, I lied, before I had said that I only had small issues with traffic, I played one of the original missions and lost all of the LA mod missions, all I did was load one of them, I believe it was the oil rig mission, then after that was over i go to play one of the LA missions, and this is what I see:

th_Em42009-10-0613-25-58-12.jpg

*Note: I have not been playing the original EM4 missions with LA Mod until I had pretty much beaten all the LA Mod missions, which I had.*

**Second Note: Sorry for the small size I am having issues with photobucket.com as of late.*

Guest Harpoon731

Greetings!

just downloaded and installed V1.9 and the 2nd Patch. Seem to be having an issue of traffic jamming up on the bridge, west of the PD I think it is, it's the main bridge going off the map. I've adjusted traffic intervals to spawn less traffic. I notice this about an hour into a freeplay game. Any suggestions on a work around or fix? :D

Otherwise this is 5+ Star mod!

EDIT: I've also noticed units not wanting to go onto that same bridge.

post-4670-1254851244.jpg

Guest altoproxima
Greetings!

just downloaded and installed V1.9 and the 2nd Patch. Seem to be having an issue of traffic jamming up on the bridge, west of the PD I think it is, it's the main bridge going off the map. I've adjusted traffic intervals to spawn less traffic. I notice this about an hour into a freeplay game. Any suggestions on a work around or fix? :D

Otherwise this is 5+ Star mod!

EDIT: I've also noticed units not wanting to go onto that same bridge.

I have the same issue I reported this a few posts back. Does anybody have an idea why traffic isn't leaving the map ?