Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Does anyone know what causes the ton of people in Multiplayer??? The game gets so many people and they block streets and after a short time (15 - 30min) it becomes unplayable. Have mod 1.9 patch 3, but it also has happened in other patches and v 1.8, but does not happen with the Emergency4 game, only the mod. There is no special place where this happens, just all over. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Does anyone know what causes the ton of people in Multiplayer??? The game gets so many people and they block streets and after a short time (15 - 30min) it becomes unplayable. Have mod 1.9 patch 3, but it also has happened in other patches and v 1.8, but does not happen with the Emergency4 game, only the mod. There is no special place where this happens, just all over. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

The problem is known, but I have not even been able to reproduce the problem myself. Maybe it's related to 911:First Responders, slower internet connections or slower computers. I have played and tested the Los Angeles Mod many times online and never experienced the problem, thus I am not able to fix it (if it's possible to fix it anyway).

Guest Mav1701

Hey Hoppah, could it be the buildings there at the hospital wreck causing the issue?

I had a random fire occur there and there was a car driving down the street, and as soon as the building caught fire the car started burning; It exploded just as my BLS engine arrived.

So the fire from those office blocks with the square posts on the corners seems to be decidedly hot?

what it means a sentence:

- MP5, M4a1 and PSG-1 fire through objects. ?

Simple English:

These are fire-arms.

Fire-arms fire bullets.

Bullets can be stopped.

By a wall for example.

But that does not happen in the LA Mod.

It cannot be fixed.

For now.

Normal English:

The scripts of these weapons are based on a target and range system. When the target is in range it will be hurt/damaged, no matter if there is an object between the target and the person who fired the weapon. There is no bullet trajectory system for these fire-arms. The pistol and sharpshooters rifle - which are official Emergency 4 equipment - do not have the bug, because they're using a different system which is hardcoded and cannot be copied to the new weapons.

Hoppah,

I've been able to get the stolen car event to work in 1.9 with patch 3...the only issue I'm having is after stopping the car with the chase command and arresting the suspect...the tow truck can't tow the vehicle away. What would be the issue on this?

See first picture below on how I got the stolen event to work and the second picture showing the event does work in your 1.9 map with patch 3.

post-6683-1258317812.jpg

post-6683-1258317873.jpg

Simple English:

These are fire-arms.

Fire-arms fire bullets.

Bullets can be stopped.

By a wall for example.

But that does not happen in the LA Mod.

It cannot be fixed.

For now.

Normal English:

The scripts of these weapons are based on a target and range system. When the target is in range it will be hurt/damaged, no matter if there is an object between the target and the person who fired the weapon. There is no bullet trajectory system for these fire-arms. The pistol and sharpshooters rifle - which are official Emergency 4 equipment - do not have the bug, because they're using a different system which is hardcoded and cannot be copied to the new weapons.

thanks hoppah

Hoppah,

I've been able to get the stolen car event to work in 1.9 with patch 3...the only issue I'm having is after stopping the car with the chase command and arresting the suspect...the tow truck can't tow the vehicle away. What would be the issue on this?

See first picture below on how I got the stolen event to work and the second picture showing the event does work in your 1.9 map with patch 3.

It's not a map bug. I play on teh normal map and it happens to me. There are two ways of stopping the car

1. Chase command, but then you'll have to shoot it and put teh fire out in order to tow it.

2. Get in front of it and spike-strip it. You'll be able to tow it then, no shots fired :P

Guest StonedPanda

Just installed LA mod tonight and love it...except...

after a while the game randomly crashes to my desktop for no reason, no error messages, nothing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 911 First Responder and the LA mod, this helped for about an hour and a half then it started up again.

Also updated all my drivers and patched everything to the latest versions, and changed the "doocclusion" value to 0 in em4.cfg

Any suggestions folks? Im running Vista (bleh) 64-bit

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but if you send two police units using the chase command, they both used the armed arrest script (not the bug). Once the suspect is arrested though, the police officer who went to arrest him but doesnt have him can't put away his gun.

I know it might be for the sake of realism etc, but I would have thought that you never really required 2 units on chase command?

I imagine the 'bug' is the fact that the armed arrest script can't complete which creates the problem?

If vehicles produced 2-3 people per stolen vehicle I could see it being worthwhile <-- (maybe an idea for L.A 2.0 :ph34r: )

Guest Timeruler

Hello

I was here for some time ago, and I must say that LA MOD has really improved alot since then. GREAT MOD.

I have a question/bug.

Is it a feature or a bug, that the ambulance from the main firestation is empty when you order them from a police car.

Of course if I raise the alarm first then all the staff runs to the trucks, but that kind of ruins the Idea of the police requesting the ambulance.

I can also confirm that the traffic accident closest to the hospitalt, does in fact blow up immediatly after the event starts.

I'm running 911fr with la mod 1.9 patch 3.

Another question is, would it be possible to make a script for the patroling units that will make them stop for red lights?

Seems like you have a fair amount of control over the units.

Anyway, just a question.

Regards,

Timeruler

EDIT: typo

Is it a feature or a bug, that the ambulance from the main firestation is empty when you order them from a police car.

It's more a feature than a bug, personally I always keep the units 'staffed' even when they are just in the station so I don't get this problem.

As the saying goes, 'in time of peace, prepare for war' :P

If you request an ambulance with a police officer the ambulance should be fully staffed automaticly before it leaves the station. Just like when you alarm an ambulance with the battalion chief. Have you had this problem more then once?

Guest Timeruler

Hello

Yes it has happend to me several times.

haven't tested with batalion chief only with PD.

When you start the game, all trucks gets staffed, but after i have used the ambulances, the staff goes for a coffee break and figures that the ambulance is fine by itself on the next run :D

Funny thing is that if all ambulances from the main FD is busy and the call comes to the small FD, the staff runs to the ambulance before takeoff, however I have experienced that only stretcher guys comes.

/Timeruler

Hello

Yes it has happend to me several times.

haven't tested with batalion chief only with PD.

When you start the game, all trucks gets staffed, but after i have used the ambulances, the staff goes for a coffee break and figures that the ambulance is fine by itself on the next run :D

Funny thing is that if all ambulances from the main FD is busy and the call comes to the small FD, the staff runs to the ambulance before takeoff, however I have experienced that only stretcher guys comes.

/Timeruler

The ambulance in the smal fire station is only staffed by paramedics with a stretcher. There is no 'doctor' like in the ambulances from the large fire station ;) So that ambulance would function properly then.

Did you changed anything in the game or installed submods?

Guest Timeruler

Hi

I found a bug with a building fire.

The announcer says fire but when you look at the spot, there is nothing there.

If I put the FD on it, they start spraying the sidewalk, but doesn't seem to put out all the fire.

Screenshot atatched, sorry there is no minimap on the screenshot.

The event is in the right side of the map sligthly up from the middle as I recall.

post-6958-1258812128.jpg