Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Hoppah did you ever try that last suggestion in the stolen car thread?

Yes, I made the changes and tested again. Still no car theft event. Maybe it was bad luck, but I am not going to work on that anymore. I will see what the exact problem is after release of v1.9. :)

Aww, you replaced the ladder truck... Which was actually a lot more useful since the tiller can't use it's ladder to extract people( at least you said before? )?

I did not replace the aerial ladder (or tower) at all. Maybe I didn't express it good enough, but I suggest you read that quote again.

"The tower (aerial ladder) will still spawn at the start of a new freeplay game, but you can send that one home and park the tiller on its spot instead. Compatible with the 'Call light force' command as well."

You're right about the functionality though. I couldn't make the tiller reach windows with its ladder (yet).

Yes, I made the changes and tested again. Still no car theft event. Maybe it was bad luck, but I am not going to work on that anymore. I will see what the exact problem is after release of v1.9. :)
That's too bad, hopefully someone here will figure it out once we have 1.9

I did not replace the aerial ladder (or tower) at all. Maybe I didn't express it good enough, but I suggest you read that quote again.

"The tower (aerial ladder) will still spawn at the start of a new freeplay game, but you can send that one home and park the tiller on its spot instead. Compatible with the 'Call light force' command as well."

You're right about the functionality though. I couldn't make the tiller reach windows with its ladder (yet).

Ahh, I missed that. Sorry. Glad to hear that though.

Rapid deployment should be removed.

Theres no way all 4 firefighters would get out of their engine and all connect hoses to fight a fire.

What? Because? You base your statement on argument?

Yeah, usually someone monitors the pump, but in the game is not modeled. Yeh, someone also does the leading as a chief, but in the game, not modeled.

So your point was?

Okay in real life, yes there are very rare times when it happens that the truck unloads 4 fire fighters who hook up and attack, however it is very rare..

In game, this is good, because you can have it taken care of much faster, and most people would have all the ff's do it anyways... If this was a simulator, it wouldn't be as good, but this is a strategy game, and not everything is realistic, thus it makes sense as it is now, and there is no need to change it.

Please drop this now, I don't want to have to clean up after a fight, and if there is a fight, there will more than likely be warnings, which no one wants. So drop it. If you wish to continue talking about this with a member, click the PM button, but don't do it here!

Rapid deployment should be removed.

Theres no way all 4 firefighters would get out of their engine and all connect hoses to fight a fire.

It's absolutely one of the most useful functions in the mod (next to armed arrest in my opinion). In real life fire fighters have more tasks to do which cannot be done in the game/mod at all. For example, communication, controlling the pumps and ventilating a building. People like you keep comparing games with real life too much. One of the most difficult tasks of a modder is finding a good balance between gameplay and realism. I think I did that pretty good. Besides that, you don't HAVE TO use the rapid deployment command. Your turn now. :)

there are alot of handy scripts in this game, bomb robot, rapid deployment, swat deployment, etc. but like hoppah said, and has been said multiple times, this is a game, not a simulation. if you want a firefighter sim, play flame-sim..the cost is 1500 dollars though. this is free and just as fun. so if you dont like it, create a mod with all the stuff you like and listen to people complain about what they want you to change.

you should add for the police:

Call a Rollback Truck;

And for the medic and stretcher:

Call the police;

The suggestion thread is closed for a reason. Besides that Hoppah has said (for now) the restrictions of the game will not allow him to do that as (for lack of a better way to phrase it) the officers can not have any more commands.