Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Guest Lost-hope
*Cones & flares

-- Maybe consider making them a pack of 3 or 4 instead of individual ones. By doing this and adding the rotate script from the police barricade, you will speed up the time it takes to place a road block and make it easier to pick them back up afterwards. In real life, officers don't just grab a single cone, place it, return to car for 2nd cone, place it, return to car for 3rd cone, and so on and so forth. By modeling it as a 3 or 4 pack, you can grab the cones and flares at once, and lay them down and angle or move them as you need. Also would it be possible to add a toggable traffic direction script to it?

Like that a lot! it would be verry usefull.

When I was reading the [NL] suggestions toppic (it did go about a police superviser) i had this idea:

Why not add a "call SWAT" button on a police officer. Probably you need to add a parking place for a SWAT truck at the police station.

It's just an idea, maybe this takes too much time.

According to Wikipedia, "LAPD patrol vehicles now carry AR-15s as standard issue, with bullet-resistant Kevlar plating in their doors as well."

Unfortunately, this is one of those times when Wikipedia isn't always a good resource. The use of the Urban Police Rifle and Slug Shotgun Ammunition is HEAVILY regulated and controlled, with only "spontaneous need" that meets very strict criteria allowed without supervisory control. More often then not, the officer will broadcast a Code-Robert UPR or Code Robert Sam to request a unit with the rifle or shotgun with slug ammunition. While I believe every patrol car carries a shotgun (they are not visibile standing upright between the front seats like in many departments), it is mostly confined to Supervisors and senior officers to carry the UPR due to strict training requirements that not every officer passes. Right now the department has 600 rifles, and over 9000 officers. With nearly 120 patrol cars on duty in just the valley alone, you can see that while 600 seems like a large number, that wouldn't account for even a majority of officers out there.

More often then not, when a UPR is required, it is mostly a show of force till SWAT get's on scene to handle the unusual and higher danger threat.

Mike

It's simple. I won't add the AR-15 because I want to keep diversity between the units IN THE MOD.

I don't even care if it's realistic or not. SWAT can use automatic weapons, police officers not.

It's simple. I won't add the AR-15 because I want to keep diversity between the units IN THE MOD.

I don't even care if it's realistic or not. SWAT can use automatic weapons, police officers not.

what about shotguns?

ITHACA MODEL 37 SPECIAL LAPD

The Ithaca Model 37 Special LAPD is an American 12-gauge pump-action shotgun developed for the Los Angeles police department and has a 5-round magazine.

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/cgi-bi...PD&offset=0

what about shotguns?

Wow, I haven't thought about the old Ithaca M37 in years! Thanks for the blast from the past, and I hate to tell you, but that is exactly what it is. The article is doing a disservice by not mentioning that the Ithaca was the standard from the 1970s till the mid-90s. Before I offer the history of the 870/UPR-Slug upgrade, let me first post this:

I am really getting tired of all those suggestions.

There are people who want... [snip]

- shotguns for police officers.

and

- Shotgun is cool, but I am not going to add it. It's just unnecessary.

Now for the history lesson! This comes from Issue 4, Oct 98 of the Los Angeles Police BEAT newsletter. I just happened to still have a copy from when I worked for law firm associated with the LAPPL

UPR/870 Shotgun Slug Program

In 1994, the Los Angeles Police Department implemented a program to transition from the Ithaca shotguns to the Remington 870 shotguns. This program was originally anticipated to take ten years to complete. The original agreement between the Department and Remington was to purchase 200 shotguns per year. Recently, Chief Parks has determined this to be inadequate and initiated attempts to get budgetary approval for an increase in purchasing of the Remington 870 shotguns. To date, approximately half of the Areas have been trained and adequately furnished with Remington 870 shotguns. Approximately 1,597 officers have been trained on the 870 shotguns. Training Division has decentralized this transitional program by utilizing instructors, who have successfully completed the Shotgun Instructor School (SITS), from various Divisions. These SITS instructors have been used in both the 870 Transition and the Shotgun Slug Programs.

The Department established the Rifle Instructor Training School in early 1998. This school led to the Urban Police

Rifle (UPR) Program. This was followed by Department-wide participation in ten UPR Certification Schools. Since then, Training Division has performed numerous UPR Certification Schools in conjunction with quarterly qualifications, resulting in the deployment of 150 UPR qualified officers Department-wide. In conjunction with the UPR Program, the Shotgun Slug Program, which was originally instituted in 1993, and then reestablished in 1997, has produced a cadre of 250 qualified officers.

Quarterly qualification and Shotgun Slug Certification Schools have been scheduled to maintain a cadre consisting

of 250 officers.

The Department has included 1600 Remington 870 shotguns in the1999/2000 fiscal year budget. Chief Parks

intends to provide the shotguns to all field personnel and UPR training opportunities for those who qualify. These firearms training programs will enhance officer safety and provide field personnel the equipment to protect themselves and others from violent assaults.

Guest jacob1029

Hi hoppah,great mod!

I have it for both em4 and em3,one thing I would like to see is the prison bus back in em4,I love buses :)

and im not sure but did the fbi command unit have a command mode on em3 but not em4?Forgve me if im wrong but I havent had em4 for long

Edit; Sorry I forgot to add,it would be cool for all officers to carry shotguns like they do in real life

( sorry looks like this has been mentioned before and answered,ignore the comment please)

Hi hoppah,great mod!

I have it for both em4 and em3,one thing I would like to see is the prison bus back in em4,I love buses :)

and im not sure but did the fbi command unit have a command mode on em3 but not em4?Forgve me if im wrong but I havent had em4 for long

Edit; Sorry I forgot to add,it would be cool for all officers to carry shotguns like they do in real life

( sorry looks like this has been mentioned before and answered,ignore the comment please)

There is no FBI Command Unit in EM4. Youre probably thinking of the SWAT heavy rescue truck. It's basically a larger version of the SED trucks.

Guest robdakitten

on the subject of the 2nd fire station.. I have managed to install one.. I just cant get the trucks to go inside.. need to work on scripting... if a 2nd fire station is made, these are the vehicles that should be used in it

Haz truck

1 or 2 mini rescues

3 brush trucks

2 ambulances

1 ladder

2 engines

(brush trucks can park in the back...)

hey guys.. long time no talk. just moved out here to Arizona USA lol.. hey outta curiosity and just outta realism.. how about an unmarked swat car... meaning that it can park at the police station and is avalible... not that expencive either.. more realistic to.. how yall doin anyway?

hey guys.. long time no talk. just moved out here to Arizona USA lol.. hey outta curiosity and just outta realism.. how about an unmarked swat car... meaning that it can park at the police station and is avalible... not that expencive either.. more realistic to.. how yall doin anyway?

I'm curious what specifically you are asking for since the unmarked car can already park at the police station and carry SWAT officers. My personal preference is to use two of the unmarked cars, 1 with 2 SWAT officers that are my grab team, 1 with a Negotiator and a Scout as my intelligence team, and then follow that up with a van for heavy equipment and more resources if necessary.

Guest jacob1029
There is no FBI Command Unit in EM4. Youre probably thinking of the SWAT heavy rescue truck. It's basically a larger version of the SED trucks.

Yeah,stupid me lol

Guest robdakitten
My ideas for 1.6

- Color the top of the LAFD ambulance red like the rest of it instead of white. The white top makes it look hideous.

- Option for paramedics to call a coroner if the patient they're working on is dead.

- More parking spaces in the back of the police station for vehicles to park in, instead of just using the front.

- Parking spaces for smaller FD vehicles at Fire Station.

I agree, this would be easier than adding a 2nd station :1046275747_biggthumpup: ... also.. mini haz truck model, about the size of an ambulance, that can take a trailer? would be nice... adding a parking spot for the SWAT Heavy rescue, and a "Call Metro Division" button on police units so they can get the heavy rescue to co to a scene... also (yes... i do have more...) how do you make it so you can play an origional 911fr mission on LA mod... Ive modded the "monster truck accident" mission (added 2 LAPD patrol cars parked in front, as well as an ambulance, and a few cabs and PD officers).. ive renamed it as lamod07.e4m, but it wont show up on the mission list... how do you get this to work..

i like the idea of foot patroling units! but it would take alot of time before they spread out around in the city..

I'm not sure if it is possible, but it could be an idea to create the officers as pedestrians. That way the would randomly show up, walk a route and disapper from the map again. But I don't know if you are able to give commands to the pedestrians appearing on the fixed routes.

Maybe something to look in too...

greetz,

Guest CrazyLion425

I have a few segestions for the next version...

Maybe re model the LA police SUV to be more of a suburban or Tahoe since I personally haven't ever seen a ford SUV police car, Also maybe a new version of the engineer vehicle> its a great design but looks a bit out dated since most places now use a combinations of pick up trucks and SUV's more then Vans. Also maybe a re skin of the Tow Truck.

As for maybe a idea for a mission, I definatly think a Large car crash would be alot of fun... A major one, there have been a number of fog/smoke/white out situations which have caused huge pile ups. that might be a fun idea.

I have a few segestions for the next version...

Maybe re model the LA police SUV to be more of a suburban or Tahoe since I personally haven't ever seen a ford SUV police car

For the most part, LAPD does use Suburbans for 99% of their SUV's, but they do have a few Ford Explorers that I've seen with their K9 units, Bomb Squad (though most are white Suburbans), and Off Road enforcement. Since you've never seen one, check out this pic at Police Car online to see an LAPD Ford Explorer. Yes, they do exist, but they are rare compared to the others.

Also maybe a new version of the engineer vehicle> its a great design but looks a bit out dated since most places now use a combinations of pick up trucks and SUV's more then Vans. Also maybe a re skin of the Tow Truck.

Just curious what places are those? On my daily run today, I passed by 3 CALTRANS (California Department of Transportation) vans, 3 LA DOT (Los Angeles City Department of Transportation) vans, and 1 LA DWP (Los Angeles City Department of Water and Power) van. I didn't see any SUV's, and only 1 pickup truck driven by a DOT engineer. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a DOT SUV, the closest would be a Rec's and Park one at Griffith park. It's almost always the older style van as seen in the game, or a cherry picker/work utility large truck.

As for maybe a idea for a mission, I definatly think a Large car crash would be alot of fun... A major one, there have been a number of fog/smoke/white out situations which have caused huge pile ups. that might be a fun idea.

I personally like the idea of a large Traffic Collision. While they are far far far more common in the rest of the US, they're pretty rare in Los Angeles. While we do get fog along the beaches and coast at times, even while living in Huntington Beach, you'd only get 2 or 3 vehicles involved. We really just don't have the weather issues other places do. No snow for white out and fog isn't too much of a problem simply because we have so much traffic driving around that it clears the freeways and streets. One of the most amazing sights is to drive on the 405 freeway through Seal beach and have the lanes be completely clear but it is socked in 0 visibility on either side of it.

If I was to guess the cause of a major collision like that, I'd go with a few out of recent memory. A few weeks back we had a wrong way driver that went head on with a Semi on the 118 freeway. Multiple cars involved, took out the center divider, and lit the brush along the freeway on fire as well. On the I5 not to long ago there was a bad Semi accident and fire in the I5/I14 truck tunnel that involved a number of vehicles and forced a rebuild of the tunnel. PCH in Malibu gets quite a few bad head on collisions as well as rock slides/mudslide. Due to traffic and the nature of the two lane road, most accidents there tend to be 2 or 3 vehicles at most, and it's also Counties area for much of the stretch.

I still think the best addition to the game would be a "Fog of War" type feature.

That way I have to send units to the scene and then asses the situation and not just know exactly what is going on before. They way I play now, I send a certain amount of vehicles to a call no matter what it actually is and then clear extra units when they arrive.

Ok, time to come back with a few more Ideas, small ones I've developed through personalization:

1. Change the SAR Dog Unit/vehicle and or make a Sheriff Dept. SAR Dog and handler (Just use the sheriff deputy with traffic vest skin)...then make them transported in the Sheriff Dept. SAR Hummer.

2. Let the USFS engine and maybe the brush patrol carry a portable pump. (I know it wouldn't be unique, but they're incredibly useful in fighting forest fires before they get out of control).

Also I support the calls for an LACoFD Engine.

I'm just flabbergasted by all these posts... I know Hoppah, and alot of the stuff asked for he WILL NOT make. Because most of the crap I hear being requested is nonsense... Alot of the stuff people are asking for are not even used in LA. They may be in other parts of the USA... But what makes mods like LA and mine unique is the fact that they not only resemble a real place. They practically are that place, as close as possible ported into Em4. Unlike Hoppah, I live in the area I am modding so I know what goes on to a certain degree. Just for Hoppah to have made everything to the point it is right now is a major accomplishment.

Things like telling him to change the color of the ambulance roof to an all red color instead of what is actually used. In short, if you don't like something... Either shhhhh and put-up with that flaw you think is there based on your opinion. Don't play the mod, or go and fix it yourself for private use.

One of the things I really hate is having 4 handlines possible per engine. I think it is far more realistic that at most 2 would be used, considering the amount of water that would be spent with 4 handlines, the pain in the butt of handling 4 lines physically. And, the quick connect disconnect you can have with 2 vs 4 handlines. Now, I know Hoppah won't change that in his mod, but in my mod it will be that way. Engines will have only 2 hose connections.

Now, this business about brush trucks... In all of LA brush trucks are not very common, you will see far more hazmat, engines, USAR, and ladders... Than you will see brush trucks. A brush truck's main purpose is to scout for the fire, handle clearing operations, and most importantly access areas / routes that are inaccessable to other fire apparatus. Hence why they exist really... To go where the fire trucks can't, because of various reasons... I don't think they want to get a 500k piece of apparatus stuck, or worst damaged. fire apparatus generally are not 4x4s so they are not really designed to traverse off of roads. And another possible reason is they don't have the hight clearance necessary to go under trees and limbs.

so in closing, if you don't like it, don't play and or download it. And if you think something is missing that is not conductive to what Hoppah is trying to create with his mod, then make it yourself. And if you feel there is something that not only yourself... But the vast majority of people... Including Hoppah and realism nuts like me feel can add to the mod and is in the vision of what Hoppah was trying to accomplish with his mod. Then, by all means share it with us.

I think it would be cool when a call comes in. that you recieve a tone. possibly a hi-lo tone or pager beeps. something like in EM3. I dont think that would be too hard to add. but who knows. just an idea.

Hoppah, you should add station 51's tones from the old tv show emergency. :grinsevil: I would like to see an unmarked SUV in the mod, but since I couldn't find a pic of one, Mike is going to let us know if they actually exists.

I think it would be cool when a call comes in. that you recieve a tone. possibly a hi-lo tone or pager beeps. something like in EM3. I dont think that would be too hard to add. but who knows. just an idea.

LAFD stations use a Digital Voice Dispatch system by Locution Systems. In the station you hear a solid alerting tone followed by the digitized voice dispatch. You can hear an example of it in this video on myspace along with Command traffic. Notice how he doesn't ask for additional alarms but asks for task forces and RA's.

The only beeps are from the mdt's waiting for acknowledgement/enroute. Neither City nor County use pagers for their regular personal.

Hoppah, you should add station 51's tones from the old tv show emergency. :grinsevil: I would like to see an unmarked SUV in the mod, but since I couldn't find a pic of one, Mike is going to let us know if they actually exists.

Remember, Emergency! was representative of the Los Angeles County Fire Department, not city. As far as I am aware, Los Angeles City has never had those kind of tones. While LACoFD has changed their system in recent years, they still do utilize a tone-out system for major incidents like structure and brush fires. You can hear an example of the tones for a brush fire here I warn you first, TURN DOWN the volume! It's enough to wake the dead and piss off the neighbors dog. The basic rule of thumb, the more tones you hear, the bigger the incident. A normal structure fire would just have the ones for the Battalion Chiefs, in this one you hear the county copters, chiefs, special units, camps, and others.

As far as the unmarked SUV goes, let me first start out by saying that when it comes to unmarked, virtually anything can go! You have so many different special groups in the LAPD that utilize something other then the standard black and white patrol cars. From Narco to SIS to detectives and crime lab officers, you are going to find a great mix of vehicles that don't conform to the general marked units. Now, there is a big difference between unmarked and undercover! Not everyone gets lights and sirens, and not everyone gets a crown vic or something that looks official. I've seen more then a few Narcotics units driving Land Rovers and Acura's simply because their whole point is not to be identifiable. For standard detective units and such, they usually drive an unmarked crown vic as I've mentioned before, but they also show up in vehicles like this one in the middle that had no emergency lighting but held 2 LAPD detectives. One thing to note though, since I'm sure someone will ask for it to be covered in a billion blinky lights, these vehicles, when outfitted with emergency lights, will rarely have more then a visor/dash light to the front with a steady burn red/blue flashing light, and maybe corner strobes or some other minor warning light. Sorry guys, we're just not a big blinky light place.

Mike, i was watching Family Jewels ( Gene Simmons Reality Show) Last night, and i was shocked....there was one scene where Nick ( Gene's Son) was having a party, and an LAPD cruiser pulled in, with Side Mirror LED activated.

Are they using a Prop or LAPD does actually use Side Mirror LED? Try Hollywood Division.

Keep in mind that Simmons confirms show is unscripted.

LAPD cruiser pulled in, with Side Mirror LED activated.

Are they using a Prop or LAPD does actually use Side Mirror LED? Try Hollywood Division.

Keep in mind that Simmons confirms show is unscripted.

You'll have to post a pic/video of the vehicle in question. I can tell you that I spend about half of my week in Hollywood division and due to County covering West Hollywood, we run mutual aid into both areas quite often. In all of that time, I've never seen anything but a standard LAPD unit that we've all seen thousands of pics of. Without seeing it, I can't say what it is, who it belongs to, or why it was there.

Also in regards to that show being unscripted, well... I guess the magic of Hollywood is still alive! :cool:

I can't find the video of it, you can watch on A&E, Family Jewels, maybe that episode will come back.

Seriously dude, i think it's a prop.

Black officer, Sgt, pulls in with a 2004 Crown Vic, New light bar and side mirror LED.