Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

I'd like to see the new Chevy Tahoe replace either the battalion chief vehicle or the police SUV.

pasadena_sup_3.jpg

sierramadre_batt4_9.jpg

sierramadre_batt4_8.jpg

OMG. Awesome car! Great idea.

I think the first one is a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe and the other two are a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. Look at the position of the rear doors. The Suburban is longer.

I have two things to suggest,

a) this is more of a change, make the LASD Hummer a LAPD Hummer (I've seen a youtube video of one.)

The LAPD Hummers are for recruiting purposes only and aren't used in the field for patrol or anything. I have a few photos of them if you want them.

-d

Correct you are, Stretch the rear "glass" panel back a bit and you have a suburban essentially... That's the way it's been for years and it's how they've continued to do it. With a slight stretching of the vehicle's back end by about I believe it is 2 to 2 1/2 feet in real life you have the suburban, all other dimensions match, so it's fairly easy to take a tahoe and make it into a suburban. The model year is most likely 2007, perhaps it is 2008 I am uncertain, but since it is not "model update" time for that particular vehicle line, it's a safe bet using 07's even if one happened to be an 08.

I think the first one is a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe and the other two are a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. Look at the position of the rear doors. The Suburban is longer.

ok the y have a fire plane ingame if LA wouldnt use it in city... i still like the idea of the new vehics

Well, some kind of units are simply required to make the gameplay, especially in the original missions, work.

The fire plane is such a unit - because there is nothing similiar to its effectiveness (and its price ;)).

In general, Hoppah said that he would prefer realism before fun, so he'd like to stick to real L.A. units ;)

Edit: Nonetheless, the cars look awful!

The Suburban is also a 3/4 ton while the Tahoe is a 2WD 1/2 ton. Little bit different looks between the two.

Guest Mav1701

I don't think those look as good as older tahoes/suburbans in police livery, mainly because I hate the newest Chevy appearance package. I wonder if anyone uses GMC Yukons? They're certainly better looking than their cousins :P

I also seen a Chevy Trailblazer fire truck the other day near Muskogee Oklahoma, looked cool!

Guest andrewonice
The Fire Truck is a Suburban not a Tahoe.

:1046275747_biggthumpup:

Correct you are, Stretch the rear "glass" panel back a bit and you have a suburban essentially... That's the way it's been for years and it's how they've continued to do it. With a slight stretching of the vehicle's back end by about I believe it is 2 to 2 1/2 feet in real life you have the suburban, all other dimensions match, so it's fairly easy to take a tahoe and make it into a suburban. The model year is most likely 2007, perhaps it is 2008 I am uncertain, but since it is not "model update" time for that particular vehicle line, it's a safe bet using 07's even if one happened to be an 08.
The Suburban is also a 3/4 ton while the Tahoe is a 2WD 1/2 ton. Little bit different looks between the two.

Sorry guys, you are correct, the battalion vehicle is in fact a suburban. (Basically the same, as mentioned.)

The city of LA doesn't use either of those... so why add them?

-d

Technically you are also correct, but both of those are from nearby regions of California.

Guest chevyrulzs2010
instead of the USR truck i would imagine you would want a HAZMAT Truck there considering the warehouse pollutes toxins when its caught on fire

ok a few ideas

[*] new station

2 Pumpers

1 Quint

1 Hazmat

1 Rescue

2 ambos

In Parking lot

Light Rescue Vehicle

Brush

Boat (add as seperate trailer)*

Battalion Chief (Divisional Chief)**

Trailer***

EMS Car

[*] Redo Station

2 Pumpers

1 Quint

1 Hazmat

2 Tenders

3 Ambos

In Parking Lot

Light Rescue Vehicle

Brush Truck

Boat

Battalion Chief

EMS Car

Trailer

[*] Arrow Stick on tender

* Make boat trailer like the equipment trailer (i saw a vid on youtube)

** Make another model or reskin current model of battalion chief (skin would be D-1 insted of B-1)

*** Add lights to the trailer and maybe add a command so that it actually parks in its stall after u unhook it from a vehicle

Guest rescue_me

Since my name was brought up I will respond to this post. The question raised was whether or not I know the future. The answer is, only the immediate and near. Having spoken to many of the members on the apparatus committees and being intimately familiar with the current budget purchases, the Los Angeles City Fire Department has no designs to purchase any Crimson Fire based Engines. As far as anyone could tell me, no one has even heard of them nor has any formal or infomal contact with them been established. With a department as large as Los Angeles City's, you find that there are only a very small number of manufacturers that can deliver the quantities LAFD requires as well as agree to the support and infrastructure terms. This is why the last purchase of 26 engines was split between 13 Seagraves and 13 Pierce Arrows.

Sweet..

Now a pierce chasiss would be cool...

Sry, i was being a smart @$$

Mrl

Hoppah has already made it clear he isn't interested in adding a second station. And I don't blame him, I'm learning the scripting and that would take a bit of work. However something that should be a little easier, would it be possible to add a few extra parks to the back of the fire station, next to the battalion cheif spot, and park brush vehicles/ems cars/equipment vehicles there.

I've mentioned it before but I don't think I got a response. You also have to note how large the section you are controlling is... Not sure about the LAFD but my local fire authority isn't likely to have heavy rescue/hazmat vehicles at every damn station, because they are so expensive. Thus putting them in the station is unrealistic, calling them from from off scene is more likely...

Cheers,

Stubbers

Where I live, hazmat has their own station they run from... From a different fire department... And as far as rescue squad vehicles, 1 station has one out of the 4 that are near me and that station is quite large... 4 Apparatus bays, the other choice for rescue squad is a strictly rescue squad station, they have 2 or 3 large rescue squad vehicles and the rest ambulances... But they are in another city not too far away from me. So, as far as LA mod goes, i'd suggest either having them come from off the map after a lenghty delay to simulate travel time... Or, have a specialized station that contains them. Or have it so only the batt chief can call them from off the map.

it would be nice to have all vehicles have directional bars... it helps out ALOT!!! lol especially on the battalion chief vehicle

I'm sure many people in real life and in the game would agree with this sentiment. Unfortunatly, the LAFD has decided for whatever reasons, to only equip their Engines, some of the newer Trucks, and a few other select apparatus with arrow bars. Nothing on the Chiefs, EMS Captains, Ambulances, or Brush patrols. The real life water tenders are so old, most of them are from the days where a single bubble gum light was still the big deal, and the Foam Tender doesn't have it either.

I've mentioned it before but I don't think I got a response. You also have to note how large the section you are controlling is... Not sure about the LAFD but my local fire authority isn't likely to have heavy rescue/hazmat vehicles at every damn station, because they are so expensive. Thus putting them in the station is unrealistic, calling them from from off scene is more likely...

Cheers,

Stubbers

Where I live, hazmat has their own station they run from... From a different fire department... And as far as rescue squad vehicles, 1 station has one out of the 4 that are near me and that station is quite large... 4 Apparatus bays, the other choice for rescue squad is a strictly rescue squad station, they have 2 or 3 large rescue squad vehicles and the rest ambulances... But they are in another city not too far away from me. So, as far as LA mod goes, i'd suggest either having them come from off the map after a lenghty delay to simulate travel time... Or, have a specialized station that contains them. Or have it so only the batt chief can call them from off the map.

I'm always fascinated by the way other departments in other areas of the US do things. For the most part, the final decision comes down to doing as much as possible within the confines of a very limited budget. This leads to unit sharing such as an "area hazmat" that is subscribed to by each local jurisdiction to spread the cost of such an expensive apparatus.

Here in Los Angeles, due to our size and budget, we are blessed in many ways. Currently the LAFD has 4 Hazmat Squads at 87s, 4's 48s, and 95 plus large hazmat tenders at 17's, 38's, 43's and 75. Add to that the LACoFD and Mutual Aid Hazmat resources from neighboring departments and you have blanketed much of the city and county with hazmat resources in a quick response time.

As far as our USAR squads, they too are spread out through out the city in a way that ensures quick response times when needed. Heavy Rescue 56, which is a large tow truck/heavy rescue crane, is included in this compliment and is currently stationed at 56's.

But just to give you an idea of what a city station has, here are some good examples:

Fire Station 102:

Light Force 102 (Engine 302 and Truck 102)

Rescue 102 (Paramedic)

Fire Station 78:

Engine 78 (I believe it is either a Paramedic or PAU now)

Rescue 78 (Paramedic Ambulance)

Fire Station 88:

Engine 88 (Paramedic)

Light Force 88 (Truck 88 and Engine 288)

Rescue 88 (Paramedic)

Rescue 888 (BLS - EMT)

USAR 88

Swift Water 88

Dozers 1 & 2 and Heavy Equipment

Command Unit

USAR Cache in the rear (similar to the trailers in game)

Water Tender 88

Division 3

Fire Station 60:

Engine 60

Light Force 60 (Engine 260 Truck 60)

Rescue 60 (Paramedic)

Battalion 10

Fire Station 109

Engine 109

Rescue 909 (BLS EMT)

Brush Patrol 109 (staffed by taking the rescue out of service)

All of those are within about 10 minutes of each other in heavy traffic. 60's might be a tad longer, but inside that same radius are also a few other stations that I have left out.

My own personal opinion is simple, if you want a 2nd station, it takes only 5 minutes to open the editor, clear a few stacked boxes in the harbor area, or a few parked cars in the NE corner of the map and voila, you now have your very own station. You can decide what goes there, which lot to use, and as soon as you have it set up the way you like, press F5 and save it so you only have to reload from that point. Then use the save camera keys below the map so you can jump between all 3 stations if you want.

Mike

Since my name was brought up I will respond to this post. The question raised was whether or not I know the future. The answer is, only the immediate and near. Having spoken to many of the members on the apparatus committees and being intimately familiar with the current budget purchases, the Los Angeles City Fire Department has no designs to purchase any Crimson Fire based Engines. As far as anyone could tell me, no one has even heard of them nor has any formal or infomal contact with them been established. With a department as large as Los Angeles City's, you find that there are only a very small number of manufacturers that can deliver the quantities LAFD requires as well as agree to the support and infrastructure terms. This is why the last purchase of 26 engines was split between 13 Seagraves and 13 Pierce Arrows.

Sweet..

Now a pierce chasiss would be cool...

Sry, i was being a smart @$$

Mrl

I could be wrong, but I think that at least both Engine 1, 2, and the Ladder Truck are peirce rigs (pierce chassis and bodywork) There could be more and I could also be wrong

Guest SHERIFF05
I don't think those look as good as older tahoes/suburbans in police livery, mainly because I hate the newest Chevy appearance package. I wonder if anyone uses GMC Yukons? They're certainly better looking than their cousins :P

I also seen a Chevy Trailblazer fire truck the other day near Muskogee Oklahoma, looked cool!

As far as FL goes, I know that they are contracted with Chevy when it comes to SUV's, granted both Chevy and GMC are almost identical, Chevy is packing the greater punch when it comes to performance & stability at high speeds. I've driven both Chevy takes the cake.

I DO know however a friend of mine who is LAPD SWAT and they use Suburbans not Tahoes for priority calls & or some warrants. Just a bit of information... However not their primary vehicle of function it is in their arsenal.

On a more personal and off topic note, We will be getting Chargers for Patrol soon. Sr. Officers and Tac patrol get them. So EXCITED...

I should point out that I'm an Aussie... :P

I'm not even sure if we have heavy rescue vehicles... In the state that I'm in we have the CFA (Country Fire Authority) and the MFB (Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board). I am a volunteer with the CFA however after having moved to the city I'm not very active anymore. The CFA has a couple of rescue vehicles, for the entire state, however most of the time car accidents are attended to by another service called the SES (State Emergency Service). The SES have the Jaws etc... The CFA mainly has Tankers in regional areas, pumpers in the larger rural city's and a plethora of seemingly random cars/utes that just cruise round... I beleive here are also only a couple of Hazmat trucks for the whole state as well...

I'm still considering building an Aussie mod however I haven't gotten around to it just yet!

Cheers,

Stubbers

Guest chevyrulzs2010
it would be nice to have all vehicles have directional bars... it helps out ALOT!!! lol especially on the battalion chief vehicle

yes except not on hazmat, rescue, heavy rescue (pd) or any other lesser used vehicles i think all units in the current station should have them even the ambos. Besides on hazmat calls most department sends normal firefighters who stand by untill hazmat does there thing. your right it is nice not to have to call police for every call to redirect traffic but its also nice to have the realism of cops doing traffic while the firefighters do there job.

Hoppah has already made it clear he isn't interested in adding a second station. And I don't blame him, I'm learning the scripting and that would take a bit of work. However something that should be a little easier, would it be possible to add a few extra parks to the back of the fire station, next to the battalion cheif spot, and park brush vehicles/ems cars/equipment vehicles there.

Cheers,

Stubbers

hense why i added the edit the current station.

but if he does decide to add a staton then i firmly believe that it should be on the industrial district on the south side of the map

Guest firemanzac

I believe Hoopah is considering for 1.6, the extra parking spots as well as an empty Bay space in the fire station for whatever the player wants to put in their :)

Where I am at, just about every station, with some exceptions has some sort of "Special Service" i.e: Ladder, Heavy Rescue, Hazmat, USAR, MCU etc.. so that is not really that unrealistic. My station that I run with has 4 "Special Services" (2 Heavy Rescues, a Ladder Truck and a Boat) and we are getting ready to add a 5th (In name, a Technical Rescue Support Company) and oh, we dont have an Engine. Definetly not the norm, but its just how the cards have played out here over the last 80 years or so.

Cheers,

Stubbers

I