Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

wow dude chill alittle please you know what i hate seing on fourms people like bolding and thinking that they are yelling when um im sorry they are words

Its a topic that has been brought up time and time and time again its getting REALLY aggitating

(IM CAPING AGAIN YOU DONT LIKE IT OH WELL)

now lets stop spaming hoppahs fourm and get back to bussiness

Hoppah is there a way to make hazmat have to change into the hazmat suits (like the breathing appartus) because Hazmat crews are used more then just hazmat calls and itd be realistic if they were regular crews that change into the proper gear

(as mike said the hazmat crews in LA are used as extra manpower)

just a realizm idea

I'm a bit swamped at the moment, so please pardon the abruptness of this suggestion, but have any of you who want a second station considered just moving the entry point for the apparatus to the south/east side? The main issue, as I see it, is that the entry point for fire apparatus is very close to the in-game fire station. By moving the entry point to the far side, you effectively gain a 2nd station via the F1 key and HQ button and no additional complicated scripting and no complaining over what goes in there.

Guest LAPDguy
I have two things to suggest,

a) this is more of a change, make the LASD Hummer a LAPD Hummer (I've seen a youtube video of one.)

b) If it's possible make an impound lot (or city works center), add the ability to park tow trucks there (and possibly the city works vans). Then added commands to the police officer to call for a tow truck.

Well the LAPD H2 that you saw is used for recruiting purposes only. They bring it to different events and emergency expos but i belive that LASDs H2 is used for SAR.

hey hoppah i dont know if this was asked.. but is there any possiblity to have the air raid siren go off when you pull the alarm.. and put some traffic lights near the fire station.. have it go red when you pull the alarm? jw

The traffic light idea is realistic, but not that useful in the game.

Since when are there air raids in Emergency 4?

In some areas of the US, mostly very rural areas that have volunteer fire companies, the volunteers and populace are alerted to call in the area via a loud air raid/warning siren. Rest assured this is NOT a practice found anywhere in or near Southern California.

Since i'm already posting in this thread, and there is no need to have multiple posts directed at one person, allow me to diverge off track a bit here. While playing around in the editor, I've come to learn a bit more about how the light system works. The basic question I wanted to figure out was if a person could edit the lights to add steady burns and semi-realistic rear flashers to the blue without ruining the special light effects, and if there was a way to have the steady burns function during the special lights as well.

I've taken the liberty of editing some of the PD vehicles as a proof of concept to see if I could edit the rear flashers as well as add the appropriate steady burn lights. What i've done is on the MX7K's, i've added red and blue steady burns to both the blue and to the special light categories, and changed the rear flashers to a pattern that doesn't conflict when you turn on the special light button. With the slicktop I added the correct rear view mirror light and edited the arrow bar, while turning off the additional lights. With the CHP vision, under blue lights the center pod is steady burn, and under special light, pod's 1 and 7 steady burn.

I didn't do a very good job, as this video will attest, but it was more a proof of concept that you, and other light editors might care to see. If nothing else, I think it at least shows that it is possible, within reason, and without having to add more then 4 or 5 lights, with half of them possibly being off depending on personal usuage.

@Mike and Hoppah, Can you include engine 81 (not sure if it's La County or La City) in the mod as well, I'm not really sure what purpose it serves but it looks to be a rescue engine, maybe Mike can enlighten us.

Los Angeles City Fire Engine 81 is one of the new Pierce Arrow XT's, of which 13 were bought and delivered recently. It isn't anything special, in so far as compared to any of the engines in the game right now. I'd have to check to see if that one is Paramedic/Paramedic Assessment or just a straight BLS engine company if that is what your question is.

Los Angeles City Fire Engine 81 is one of the new Pierce Arrow XT's, of which 13 were bought and delivered recently. It isn't anything special, in so far as compared to any of the engines in the game right now. I'd have to check to see if that one is Paramedic/Paramedic Assessment or just a straight BLS engine company if that is what your question is.

Nope, that anwsered my question. I was just wondering if it was anything special because of the compartment on top of the hose bed. The only other engines I've ever seen those on is the FDNY squads and they have those tool boxes on the roof.

squad.jpg

Itjust seemed like an odd place to put a tool box.

What purpose would it serve as??

Gamecrasher, without much doubt the amount of lights would crash the game on most computers.

For those who didnt get it. My request to add that trailer was a somewhat of a joke. However, it would be amusing to see it ingame, with the santa and christmas songs. If I have the skills to model it, I would, but I doesnt expect hoppah to even consider adding it ^^.

I didn't do a very good job, as this video will attest, but it was more a proof of concept that you, and other light editors might care to see. If nothing else, I think it at least shows that it is possible, within reason, and without having to add more then 4 or 5 lights, with half of them possibly being off depending on personal usuage.

I assume you have added the steady burners that burn while the lights are off under the category "Special Light" in the editor. If so, when you both have the "Blue Light" and "Special Light" active, the steady burn will add into a brighter light, making it somewhat unrealistic. But hey, more powerful steadyburners is more realistic than no steadyburners at all.

Currently I've done pretty much the same thing on the LAPD Patrol Car. My problem however is that the steadyburners drowns in the other lights on the car. And doesnt show very well. It might be different at night though..

Mike this is a great idea. How do I do it? Also did you happen to see my post (#88) on March 1st? Its listed below. Was looking for your input on the reality of it currently. Thanks

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=37765

I'm a bit swamped at the moment, so please pardon the abruptness of this suggestion, but have any of you who want a second station considered just moving the entry point for the apparatus to the south/east side? The main issue, as I see it, is that the entry point for fire apparatus is very close to the in-game fire station. By moving the entry point to the far side, you effectively gain a 2nd station via the F1 key and HQ button and no additional complicated scripting and no complaining over what goes in there.

I assume you have added the steady burners that burn while the lights are off under the category "Special Light" in the editor. If so, when you both have the "Blue Light" and "Special Light" active, the steady burn will add into a brighter light, making it somewhat unrealistic. But hey, more powerful steadyburners is more realistic than no steadyburners at all.

Currently I've done pretty much the same thing on the LAPD Patrol Car. My problem however is that the steadyburners drowns in the other lights on the car. And doesnt show very well. It might be different at night though..

As you can see from the proof of concept video, while it does make them a tad bit brighter with all lights on, its is almost unnoticeable due to the fact that all lights are on, while if anything, it gives them a bit more definition so they aren't completely drowned out. The trick is to copy the parameters of the blinker and add polygons so that you arent so much casting light as the rotators do, but just lighting up.

Mike this is a great idea. How do I do it? Also did you happen to see my post (#88) on March 1st? Its listed below.

It's quite simple actually to change the entry point! I really encourage all who are requesting ad nauseum for a fire station to try this method on your own first before expecting Hoppah to put so much time and effort into recreating his amazing innovention.

Forgive me for going off memory at the moment, I'm nowhere near a computer with the game but...

In the editor, load the mod and then the map found in the mod/maps folder. You want to edit the first freeplay.e4m map listed. I beleive it is in the map properties under tools, but you want to find the button that says entry and exits. If you scroll to the upper left area where the FD apparatus enter, you'll see numerous green circles and 1 red one. Each green circle bassically represents a different police and fire vehicle type. You just drag and drop those circles to the south or north east or whatever side of the map you want it on, and voila, that is where they enter from! I chose to move all of the green circles and the red circle to the first east/west road in the southeast corner of the map.

It really only takes 5 mins, it solves most of the issues with that area being "uncovered," and it is something everyone can do for themselves easily.

Was looking for your input on the reality of it currently. Thanks

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=37765

AMR Ambulance at one time was a power house in the Los Angeles area as Spaloo can attest. They had a monopoly on the LA County Fire 911 contract and were the only players in the game, so to speak, for many years. In 2006 though, the county board decided that AMR was not living up to its requirements and put the contract up to bid for the various areas. AMR, Schaefer, CARE, and Westmed/McCormick ended up splitting the contract between them with AMR virtually getting shoved out to just the antelope valley and a handful of other areas. A far cry from the dominance they originaly had. While they do run some paramedic units, they are mostly in other contract counties such as Riverside and Ventura, and the ones in LA that are paramedic are used for interfacility transports and routine calls like that, not emergency calls. The ones that are part of the LA County Fire contract are staffed by two BLS EMT's instead.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a private contract BLS ambulance in the game, but you really wont see them in LA City at all on an emergency run, just in the County.

An interesting side note, in may areas like the 5 freeway near the 14 interchange, and in LACoFD FS 75s first in, the LACoFD and LAFD respond to all calls in that area mutually. Due to issues with private ambulances and response times, more often then not, the patient will be transported by an LAFD RA instead of waiting for the AMR rig.

It's quite simple actually to change the entry point! I really encourage all who are requesting ad nauseum for a fire station to try this method on your own first before expecting Hoppah to put so much time and effort into recreating his amazing innovention.

Forgive me for going off memory at the moment, I'm nowhere near a computer with the game but...

In the editor, load the mod and then the map found in the mod/maps folder. You want to edit the first freeplay.e4m map listed. I beleive it is in the map properties under tools, but you want to find the button that says entry and exits. If you scroll to the upper left area where the FD apparatus enter, you'll see numerous green circles and 1 red one. Each green circle bassically represents a different police and fire vehicle type. You just drag and drop those circles to the south or north east or whatever side of the map you want it on, and voila, that is where they enter from! I chose to move all of the green circles and the red circle to the first east/west road in the southeast corner of the map.

It really only takes 5 mins, it solves most of the issues with that area being "uncovered," and it is something everyone can do for themselves easily.

This worked rather well. Great Idea Mike

Why not? Cars coming block the way and make it slower to get there.. :P

Here are my suggestions:

1) Police/Ambulance patrol cars move when there is a emergency vehicle behind them

2) Those paramedics without stretcher should be allowed to call for ambulance, ambulance helicopter or police car.

3) Allow multiple airplanes

4) Better patrolling so they spread out. I always put long time for the cops, I spawn like 20 of them at the same time and I manually do "patrol" once the first car is a bit far away.

5) Again, I am not sure if this is possible or not.. or if it's hard or not.. but more freeplay events would honestly own.

6) Again, if possible.. If the road lane is empty, make the cars drive faster.

7) When calling for backup, make it alert the nearest units.

8) If possible, make the criminals run more far away, or maybe drive fast with their cars. I love to chase! It sucks to see the criminals like someone robbing just stops in middle of road asking you to arrest him/her.

That's all for now.

Okay, Vehicle speed is dictated by the vehicle, meaning if a car is set to only go 60... it's prototype will do only 60 if it is set to 120 it will do 120... making cars go faster because a road is clear to my knowledge is not possible.

Multiple airplanes is not permitted due to hard-coding to my knowledge there is no workaround to this issue, the game was designed to permit but one plane at a time.

Freeplay events are coded into the game, perhaps you could make new ones but I am not even sure as to where you would add these events... but I am sure it would take a great deal of time....

The criminals cannot make the car go faster than it is supposed to in it's file, the car's speed is dictated by that so unless you want ALL cars of that prototype to speed like that, I do not know if you can make it go faster.

Criminals in 4 apparently are coded to run a certain distance only, unlike before where they tried to get away, perhaps this is possible to work at but I do not believe so. Alot changed between 3 and 4 some for the good, some for the bad, some things that might have worked in 3 won't work in 4.... sucks but it is what it is.

Hoopah can speak for or against what I mentioned as he'd know better, and he can tell you about the rest because I do not know if it is possible to script them to do the other things you want.

The Directional Aux Bars are not necessarilly required to get the same effect you could use a script without the lights and retain authenticity if you wanted them to clear vehicles off their backs...(I know nadda bout LAFD equiptment). I have myself looked up water tankers, they sadly do not seem to have many of em around these days, most of them are on older chassis, the helicopters and planes seem to be the prefered method of dealing with remote fire suppression... But Mike is from the area and can easilly find newer ones if they are in service there.

wat i meant for the engines.. i meant the water tender... HEY HOPPAH.. another idea..i know sad huh... lol.. anyway wat bout making a tanker? just a thought... if the LAFD has one... guess mike can help me out on that

to add a little spice to the game.. is there a way to add traffic advisor lights to the ambo's ,engines, and battalion chief.. cause i find it hard when all these cars are behind me... and to the side of me.. it takes time.. but just a curious question
Most of the engines does have Arrow sticks, and i agreed with you Station, Hoppah, there are ambulances in real life that has Arrow sticks, including Battalion Chief.
wat i meant for the engines.. i meant the water tender... HEY HOPPAH.. another idea..i know sad huh... lol.. anyway wat bout making a tanker? just a thought... if the LAFD has one... guess mike can help me out on that

Regarding directional bars and water tenders, which has been brought up numerous times in this thread alone, I'd like to just paste my previous reply since it's as valid now as it was then:

I'm sure many people in real life and in the game would agree with this sentiment. Unfortunately, the LAFD has decided for whatever reasons, to only equip their Engines, some of the newer Trucks, and a few other select apparatus with arrow bars. Nothing on the Chiefs, EMS Captains, Ambulances, or Brush patrols. The real life water tenders are so old, most of them are from the days where a single bubble gum light was still the big deal, and the Foam Tender doesn't have it either.

While, yes, there are BC's and Ambulances in many parts of the country with directional lighting, different siren tones, different body styles and even even some ambulances with CAFS units on them, I think the LA Mod FAQ has the perfect answer to this point:

What is the LA mod?

The LA mod (abbreviation for Los Angeles modification) is a modification for Emergency 4 and 911 First Responders.

It replaces almost all vehicles with new, highly detailed and accurate models.

Currently the LAFD is hoping to purchase a new water tender in this years budget. With the current fleet being beyond its service life in many regards, it is something that many are looking forward to receiving. Also in this years budget are:

36 Rescue Ambulances

16 Triple Combination Pumpers

4 Tractor-drawn Aerial Ladder Trucks

1 Brush Patrol

1 Electric Cart

1 Overhead Crane w/Hoist

1 Bulldozer

1 Ten-Wheel Dump Truck

1 Low-Side End Dump Truck

1 Stake bed Dump Truck

1 Trailerable Generator

17 Alternative-Fuel Non-Emergency Sedans

22 Emergency Sedans

14 Emergency Suburbans

12 Pickup Trucks

2 Utility Service Trucks

6 Passenger Vans

6 Cargo Vans

We'll see how much of that actually does get purchased though.

This thread has way to much discussion over useless things, how many damn vehicles do you want? I want some features!

I hope Hoppah doesn't miss my post. This is the third time I am posting them..