Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Well, personally, I think the heavy rescue truck should be returned back to how it was in v1.4. It was much more realistic.

And by realistic, what exactly are you referring to? The previous version was a fictitious vehicle loosely based on the Los Angeles County Fire dept squads. No such vehicle existed or exists in the Los Angeles City FD's garages which is why Hoppah decided to tweak the shape and paint scheme a bit to accurately and realistically model an actual vehicle. Capabilities are still the same as far as my memory serves, just the shape and paint were changed.

I'll just add some things to my earlier (dutch) reply:

- Make it able for the player to skip or wind back the time with 1 hour (current winterberg mod)

- Make it able for the player to set buildings on fire (current winterberg mod)

- Make it able fot the player to injure people (again, current winterberg mod)

- Make it possible to work with multiple medics/persons on 1 victim (winterberg; 1 doctor and one assistant docter)

- I like the dodge charger lightbar (maybe some of the same -alternating- lightbars on other vehicles?)

- Maybe its possible to hook up a trailer onto the watertender and the USAR truck?

- I would really like the police to be able to give medical attention, cause in 9 out of 10 the police is first on scene.

- Make it possible for medics to call an additional ambulance? This because the additional equipment is usually called in by its own service..

- Make it possible for the police to call in the fire department (or just the chief, which can call in a fire engine)

I like the mod! Keep up the good work! :police:

Guest Nossor
And by realistic, what exactly are you referring to? The previous version was a fictitious vehicle loosely based on the Los Angeles County Fire dept squads. No such vehicle existed or exists in the Los Angeles City FD's garages which is why Hoppah decided to tweak the shape and paint scheme a bit to accurately and realistically model an actual vehicle. Capabilities are still the same as far as my memory serves, just the shape and paint were changed.

I guess it's fine if that's more like the actual truck. I just thought the old one looked more realistic.

I also think the crane should be replaced with the LAFD Heavy Rescue.post-1631-1205507681_thumb.jpg

For the ambulance, you used the wrong siren.

Most departments, including mine, uses a model called CARSON or SVP SS700 or Federal Signal, Dual Unitrol Omega 90 (Popular one)

SVP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Iq7Kkjf0U...feature=related

Carson:

-Full siren.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC1tdn4F90Y- Demo

I really want you to use Carson, becasue it's an excellent choice.

Unitrol:

Yes, the Unitrol has Dual Sirens, one plays Wail while the 2nd siren is your choice (Yelp, Wail, et cetera)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j1J6Wiis3Y

Guest Chaotic

l_b0539e994152282fb7102b5373042c52.jpg

l_8c9423b5359d2fb80db0eaae310587f6.jpg

ok so i saw the Tahoe and Yukon debate. I skipped forward cuz i couldnt read it all. This is our chief truck. It is a 2007 GMC Yukon 4x4. All Yukons and Suburbans are in fact 1/2 ton. These should be some good example pics. Sorry if you already cleared it up just thought it would help. Thanks! :D

I think that a new addition to the voice acting would be nice. When an police officer orders a suspect to the ground (using the arrest command while the officer's gun is drawn), they should say somthing aalong the lines of "POLICE, get down on your knees with your hands in the air" (props to woltep for creating that script).

Also, a question for all of those who are requesting better and more "realistic" units, how do you know what they use in LA if you don't live there? cause none of the examples I've seen are from LA. You could say most fire departments use the Federal Q for their trucks, but that doesn't mean all departments use it for their trucks, because I know for a fact the FDNY doesn't use them. Just my point of view though, but at least try and post some examples from LA if you can find some.

For the ambulance, you used the wrong siren.

Most departments, including mine, uses a model called CARSON or SVP SS700 or Federal Signal, Dual Unitrol Omega 90 (Popular one)

I really want you to use Carson, becasue it's an excellent choice.

Also, a question for all of those who are requesting better and more "realistic" units, how do you know what they use in LA if you don't live there? cause none of the examples I've seen are from LA. You could say most fire departments use the Federal Q for their trucks, but that doesn't mean all departments use it for their trucks, because I know for a fact the FDNY doesn't use them. Just my point of view though, but at least try and post some examples from LA if you can find some.

I'd like to chime in here as well. CFD, your complaint is that Hoppah used the wrong siren for the ambulance, and I will agree, that is a valid one. My question is, why would you want him to use another wrong one then? I'll be spending the day on tuesday at a city station and I'll be able to get all the details like the ones I provided for the law enforcement in my own thread. Off the top of my head, I know most LAFD units use unitrol and smart sirens, same as LAPD, with the ambulances having a timberwolf second siren and the larger rigs having Federal Q's. No one here uses Carson or SVP. Also all rigs use real airhorns, nothing electronic.

Mike

Thank you Mike.

I would love to have you to do that.

I thought that LAFD uses Carson aswell?

I swore that i heard it on You tube, in one of the video of a LA Ambulance Responding using Carson.

Maybe Hoppah can use Carson or another Product for a Private Ambulance or non LAFD ambulance.

P.s

Some Unitrol Brands has Dual Sirens.

Does LAFD's Ambulance use them aswell?

Guest Bruce563

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if its realistic in the US but over here our coast guard helicopters have flood lights/spot lights on them, so i thought that you could add something like that to the tech helicopter since you have called it a coast guard helicopter.

Guest Swatboy

First time poster but enthuisiastic fan of LA mod, I have the following suggestion:

Don't know if this idea has already been proclaimed but how about adding plain-clothes police officers into the mod? (armed ofcourse). Also an unmarked car could be added with a red cherry-light and siren in the windshield (or possibly on the roof). The black unmarked car in the game has blue flashing lights inside radiator, so I would think thats still a bit conspicuous even when they're not flashing...

Cheerio!

Most of these suggestions, while pushing realism very high, would take hoopah forever to script, if it were even possible to begin with to do so.

For example the Second Fire Department Structure and supplemental units is not something that will be easilly accomplished at all. The essential problem is to "differentiate" the units as to where the belong, aside from the building and it's required scripting, you also must either consider the proximity being a parameter trigger or alternatively, the "home base" as a trigger. These elements alone complicate the matter requiring extensive modification of both departments, as well as the units themselves to create a viable solution.

Without the solutions the vehicles which return to the base may goto an already "full" base, or, alternatively, incorrectly choose the base which they return to if they could even find their way there. While not impossible, this will take a very long time to resolve all the subsequent bugs which will arise with the addition of another "fire Dept.". It is up to Hoopah if he wants the challenge it will be, and if he can spare the time.

The "water level" concept while bringing realism to the game would also increase the difficulty to obscene proportions in my opinion, but I do not believe it is possible to "restrict" the flow from the truck to a certain point, then have it exhaust, the fire extinguisher perhaps he could do relatively easilly (I think I have an idea of how he can do it if he wishes to do so).

Some of the other ideas, I am sure he could do, they will just take time.... lots of it.:) I am not sure how he feels about the vehicle list, but I feel it is fairly comprehensive as it is.

well what you could do is make it so they are considered a different vehicle. its not hard to add a vehicle ingame so why not just make a new name and call it a different vehicle.

Guest Shikao

I have a few ideas for campaign missions.

1) A SUV goes onto the highway and loses control in the rain. It rams a small truck, causing a major (emphasis on major) pile-up. You have to create a detour, take away victims, take away wrecks, and send away rubbernecks. Like the multiple crash in EM3, but on a larger scale.

2) A man under the influence of alcohol and drugs shoots his wife and takes his daughter hostage. Arrest the man and rescue the daughter and wife. The wife's sister is outside and panicking, and will need to be calmed down.

3) A fire in a movie theater. The exits are blocked by rubble, and they will have to be cleared before the occupants die from smoke inhalation.

4) A riot after a hockey game at the Staples center. Extinguish all fires, arrest the rioters, clear wreckage. Try to contain the rioters, or else it will grow out of control.

5) 2 rival gangs have a war at Venice beach. Arrest all gangsters, take care of all the injured, and extinguish all fires if one of them has a molotov cocktail.

Guest Nossor

Hoppah

So I came up with some USFS ideas.

First, you should add this Suburban to the mod, so its like the USFS cheif.

Second, you should give the USFS its own station somewhere. A 2-bay station. One bay for the USFS engine, and one for the pick-up/ brush truck thing. Then outside, put a few parking spaces, and make it so the new Suburban parks in one of the spots.

Thanks and please consider this as I think it will be great for the mod!

Nossor

you should give the USFS its own station somewhere. A 2-bay station. One bay for the USFS engine, and one for the pick-up/ brush truck thing. Then outside, put a few parking spaces, and make it so the new Suburban parks in one of the spots.

For the 1000th time, Hoppah is not making anymore stations.

:scared:

Second, you should give the USFS its own station somewhere. A 2-bay station. One bay for the USFS engine, and one for the pick-up/ brush truck thing. Then outside, put a few parking spaces, and make it so the new Suburban parks in one of the spots.

Nossor

If you have the deluxe map it is quite easy to make a little Forestry Service Station in the woods by the lake. I could post a picture of it if you want to see how I did it. I know it's not quite what you want but it is a cool thing you can do to customize the mod for your own play. If you had some more advanced scripting knowledge you could even input parkign and response scripts.

I've remained semi-quiet in regards to this because frankly, I wanted to play the game more before I recommended changing anything. The key question to ask is, if this item is added or changed, how would it affect the way you play the game? Is it just cosmetic for realism? Is it something to fix a deficiency existent in the game/game engine? Is it something I can do myself? The key question though is why should Hoppah spend his time and bother at all? Hopefully these suggestions include rationale and might induce some discussion on the various items.

I've taken a lot of time to post in my own thread about the various lights and sirens found in LA apparatus. Hopefully that info will be useful and some things will be changed accordingly, such as the coroners and motor unit.

EMS

* EMS Captain (as brought up by AUX3AE and others... )

- - 1 per EMS car with the ability to request additional RA's, Air ambulance, and can heal. Would have a Red/Orange helmet, brush/turnout jacket, and black pants.

LAFD

*Light Force

- - I'd love to see the 2nd engine converted into a "2 Car" in the light force. By this I mean adding a 2 or 3 in front of it's numbers (E288 for station 88 or E302 for station 102). Only station 9's truck ever runs alone, the rest in LA City always respond with a pumper. This would mean giving it it's own ID for scripting purposes, but would allow you to be able to change the BC call for truck command to have the 2 car and the truck respond. Most calls in game you'll find can be handled with simply a Light Force. With 6 men, a pump and a truck, you have enough man power and resources to handle all but the most stubborn of fires.

* Drop Script

I dont know if this is possible, but is there any way to add a drop command to a firefighter holding a hose? Not just a disconnect, but a drop. The reason for this is that I've found that my guys tend to get stuck in places and they can't disconnect or anything which means that not only are they stuck, but the engine is too!

*Helicopter

- - I've been playing the forest fire mission a lot lately, since it's my absolute favorite (except for the illegal forced evacuation). One thing I keep finding myself longing for is a small but radical change to the helicopter in game. First off is the idea of a Fly Crew/Helitack. Right now i'm using the National guard blackhawk to transport Guardsmen with extinguishers into the areas that are near impossible to reach via any other way. There are a few areas that have a lot of fire that need to get a bunch of men in a remote area quickly. I can think of the backyards in the NE corner of the freeplay map, the park area near the gas station of the deluxe map, and the forest fire mission where being able to land a helicopter in the small clearings and offload a bunch of firefighters with extinguishers would be immensely helpful. Right now the blackhawk/guardsmen accomplish this, but the unfortunate thing is that being camoflauged makes them hell to find and control! Frankly, camo works! It'd be nice to be able to transport firefighters via a helicopter and off load them for this kind of helitack/fly crew duty instead.

-- -- Another thing would be to add helitanker capabilities by allowing it to drop water. With the airplane having a 3 minute turn around, it'd be nice to have the helicopter have a 1.5 minute turn around. Most brush fires are mostly air shows these days due to the terrain and access issues. This would allow for 2 helicopter drops and 1 massive air drop in a 3 minute period. While probably complicated, an additional feature would be that if the copter has a patient or fly crew on board, it would not be allowed to drop water.

-- -- Since you already have a blackhawk model, maybe consider skinning it in LACoFD colors to mimic the Firehawk and that way you wouldnt have to adjust the Air Ambulance in the game already, but just use the new bird for water dropping and fly crew transportation.

LAPD

*Motorcycle

-- The motor officer is probably my favorite unit to use since it has the ability to get to places easier and faster then patrol cars, just like in real life. They're great for traffic control, and they're about the only units that can get to the North west corner of the deluxe map. Unfortunatly, the unit in the game needs a bit of work. Maybe consider modeling the new harleys, or if staying with the kawasakis, remove the police from the windshield, change the lights a bit, and have the rider sit upright.

*Bike Patrol units (Kimdaniel)

-- As suggested by Kimdaniel, Bike patrol units would add a new dimension to the game. By having 2 officers in Bike Patrol shirts in a crown vic with a bike rack, you could then deploy them to areas with a lot of ped traffic but no car patrol area such as the NW corner of the Deluxe map and the park area. The bikes would follow the ped path instead of the car path.

*Cones & flares

-- Maybe consider making them a pack of 3 or 4 instead of individual ones. By doing this and adding the rotate script from the police barricade, you will speed up the time it takes to place a road block and make it easier to pick them back up afterwards. In real life, officers don't just grab a single cone, place it, return to car for 2nd cone, place it, return to car for 3rd cone, and so on and so forth. By modeling it as a 3 or 4 pack, you can grab the cones and flares at once, and lay them down and angle or move them as you need. Also would it be possible to add a toggable traffic direction script to it?

*LASD

-- As mentioned before, the pants should be olive green

Misc

-- I too would love to see LAFD HR56 instead of the crane in game as brought up by myself, MCERT1 and sww6mm. In addition to functioning as a crane, allow 2 firefighters to respond with it with extrication tool and extinguisher. HR56 responds to most major physical rescue assignments for stabilization, extrication, and removal. In game this would allow you to at least send back the truck company, usar, or LACoFD squad which worked on the topside vehicles while the HR removes the vehicle from the water which usually takes quite a bit longer. The key to the game and real life is get the units back in service and ready for the next call.

-- Consider changing the tow truck to an OPG tow. OPG stands for Official Police Garage, and here in the city of LA, they are the ones called to accidents and fires and what not when the police and fire need a vehicle (or smoldering hulk) removed. Also, sww6mm, I've noticed the lights do switch off when returning to HQ, at least in the deluxe version.

-- If you are interested in modeling the Swift Water Rescue truck as mentioned by mcert1 and someone else I beleive, I'll head out to 88's and grab some shots for you.

-- Spaloo mentioned an LACoFD Engine. Most of the old seagraves others have mentioned modeling are being sent to the bone yard pretty fast now that the new pierces and seagraves are here. Units like the 99 Pierce Dash modeled in the game are being turned into the 2 Car and reserve rigs instead. As I'm affliated and spend most of my time with LACoFD apparatus, I'd personaly love to see a County KME engine in the game for purely personal reasons, but can see it accomplishing what others have mentioned about adding the older rigs.

-- In regards to the Private ambulance mentioned by Spaloo and Chris, I have to admit I'm ambivalent. It would be nice to see along with the county squad and engine, but it wouldnt really affect game play, it would just look nice.

The LAPD command unit would be nice if it could transport a lot of cops (like the big truck now already can) , and could be used like the LAFD Battalion vehicle to bring a police chief or something like that on the scene, Could be useful in big incidents like a demonstration going bad.

The Detective as both cops and negotiators combined (like the FBI units in the EM3 version) would be sweet, And the cars less recognisable as police vehicle's (The current unmarked car is way to recognisable as a police vehicle).

The forensic unit doesn't really has anything to do in EM4, but it would just be fun to have.

Gino

Guest tower47

I just have one idea to add shotguns and M-16's to the normal patrol units. I am not sure if that is what they use maybe Mike could help us out on this?

EDIT: I think ever since the North hollywood Shootout Most patrol units do carry M-16's.

Guest MOOOOOPS
I just have one idea to add shotguns and M-16's to the normal patrol units. I am not sure if that is what they use maybe Mike could help us out on this?

EDIT: I think ever since the North hollywood Shootout Most patrol units do carry M-16's.

According to Wikipedia, "LAPD patrol vehicles now carry AR-15s as standard issue, with bullet-resistant Kevlar plating in their doors as well."