Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Hey guys, try to refrain from bringing up non-related things into the forums of the respective mods, I know the issue was posed and people wished to answer it, but it really does not belong in this topic, general police inquiries and all that can go into a different forum so it does not dillute things it does not belong with. The bar on the roof of the NYPD Highway Patrol is called something like a High-Riser, it is a pretty cool light, the thing has two arms that can tilt upward to give it better lighting visibility, one on each side. The NYPD Aux/Traffic are nadda like the Los Angeles units to me.

Edit: The posts referencing the NYPD Units were moved to the "Emergency Questions, Questions related to apparatus and tactics." Topic.

Hey guys, try to refrain from bringing up non-related things into the forums of the respective mods, I know the issue was posed and people wished to answer it, but it really does not belong in this topic, general police inquiries and all that can go into a different forum so it does not dillute things it does not belong with. The bar on the roof of the NYPD Highway Patrol is called something like a High-Riser, it is a pretty cool light, the thing has two arms that can tilt upward to give it better lighting visibility, one on each side. The NYPD Aux/Traffic are nadda like the Los Angeles units to me.

Edit: The posts referencing the NYPD Units were moved to the "Emergency Questions, Questions related to apparatus and tactics." Topic.

Why was my picture of aux removed? It is relevant to this topic its a suggestion for the next version

Because this is the LA MOD Suggestions/ideas topic, not the New York Mod. The Parking enforcement was left in the post because it is relevant to the topic. Simple as that.

Why was my picture of aux removed? It is relevant to this topic its a suggestion for the next version

Guest medic534

Is there a way, similar to the Airplane hostage mission, where we can choose which units to take on the plane. In freeplay where we can choose which units to park at the firehouse? Has there been any more discussion on a second fire station. I find myself limited to the units at the firestation because they can respond so much quicker than calling another unit (e.g. brush truck, heavy rescue, light equip vehicle) from the main base. Also what about the fire chief vehicle going on patrol?

Hey Hoppah,

How about doing a mission for 1.6 based on this real event in LA history?

Click here

Thanks,

CVC

Sounds good to me. Someone should go for it!

I also think someone should make a mod for all important emergencies, I'd do it myself, but I can't mod. In any event, you have a great idea. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Is there a way, similar to the Airplane hostage mission, where we can choose which units to take on the plane. In freeplay where we can choose which units to park at the firehouse? Has there been any more discussion on a second fire station. I find myself limited to the units at the firestation because they can respond so much quicker than calling another unit (e.g. brush truck, heavy rescue, light equip vehicle) from the main base. Also what about the fire chief vehicle going on patrol?

all of this has been talked about read trough the forum.

Hoppah

For the next mod could you have the police helicopter and the medics helicopter already on site so that they do not have to be called in.

I agree with the idea of a riots mission

James

Guest jacob1029

I think hoppah said he wont do a secound fire station because he can spend the hours on better things

You are correct that the idea of older style reserve engines has been brought up, but the issues are still the same. Those older engines while cool serve no additional purpose to the gameplay or mod. They would just be additional work for little purpose so they are not of concern as was said previously I doubt that will change. Perhaps maybe newer engines may one day come into the mod but I can't say for sure on that one.

Yea im not so sure that that even closely resembles anything of what the CHP looks like or in that matter does.

I know it has been brought up in the past but what about maybe creating older style reserve engines.

for those REALLY big car pile ups maybe Hoppah you can make a trailer as the one shown in the picture if you need more pics let me know these are very popular in LA/Cali. should be rather easy but let me know if it could be possible on your next update THANKS HOPPAH YOU ROCK!!!

post-2141-1210529957_thumb.gif

Mikesphotos can answer this better than I can, but perhaps in cali they use the DOT Crash barrier trucks, they would be a more practical addition since they are alot easier to move about and quite honestly easier to work with.

No it is not likely that a sniper could do a shot from a helicopter since the unit that shoots is considered in the helicopter, not as an addon to the helicopter.

The National Guard is the only ones who can rappel, so if one of their men can sniper then yes, if not, then no. I believe hoppah already said he wishes the blackhawk to be unique with the ability to rappel down it, so I doubt very seriously the swat sniper will be able to do the trick.

Guest Nicoleise

How about a larger tow truck ? It seems unrealistic to me, that the regular tow truck can swallow a semi or a bus. :P Adding a large tow truck for large vehicles and possibly making it alot more difficult to move vehicles all together, would be amazing.

E.g. if a vehicle is on the side, it would have to be set down on it's wheels once the victims has been treated, by a firetruck with a winch. Once set right, the tow truck can pick it up. If it's a large vehicle, it has to be winched onto or close to a paved road, and then arranged in the big tow truck. I have a video showing a large tow truck, but that's from Denmark, not US. If you're interested, I can upload it anyhow ? :)

Mikesphotos can answer this better than I can, but perhaps in cali they use the DOT Crash barrier trucks, they would be a more practical addition since they are alot easier to move about and quite honestly easier to work with.

This question has to be looked at in the context of the game. Does CALTRANS, which is the state department of transportation, and LADOT, the Los Angeles City Department of Transportation, have sign trucks and towable signs? Yes they do.

When are they brought out? For any LONG term closure like street maintenance, repaving work, and incidents that would last hours at a time.

In the game, even the major incidents like the larger traffic accidents and gas explosions are handled relatively quickly and any traffic situations would be better handled by the DOT cars mentioned previously, Law Enforcement, or even just call the CALTRANS van our since it has an arrow bar on it. Maybe give the engineer the capability of deploying cones would seem to be much less work, much more realistic and functional then having to tow and set up a sign, and then break it down and tow it away.

No it is not likely that a sniper could do a shot from a helicopter since the unit that shoots is considered in the helicopter, not as an addon to the helicopter.

The National Guard is the only ones who can rappel, so if one of their men can sniper then yes, if not, then no. I believe hoppah already said he wishes the blackhawk to be unique with the ability to rappel down it, so I doubt very seriously the swat sniper will be able to do the trick.

As far as airborne sniping goes, on the Law Enforcement side of things, what is known as "Airborne Use Of Force" is a concept employed by the LAPD in it's bag of tricks. But like all use of force incidents, it is rare and a very specialized tool. San Bernardino County SO is one of the leaders in this concept due to their large rural geography and its use in disabling fleeing vehicles. Lets be honest, there are going to be very very few times you'd ever want to fire a round from a helicopter into an urban setting.

And yes, there is a sharpshooter in Nat Guard colors.

Mike