Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

YES!!!!!that would be so cool. have a control panel and when you want a wail you push a button and when you want a yelp you push another button. taht would be the best!!!!!!!! :1046275747_biggthumpup: :1046275747_biggthumpup: :1046275747_biggthumpup:

I like the idea of being able to control the aire horn. Although, if it's possible, I'd like to see a siren contol panel for each unit.
Heh, I haven't seen that in a while. They actually kind of fibbed a bit and used a Voice Dispatch instead of the Digital Voice system since with a filming like that, it'd be too much of a hassle to have dispatch constantly run it over and over and over again.

The steady burn light is just like any other emergency light on the vehicle. It is only activated when you are involved in a situation the would require emergency lights and sirens. I think you may have it confused with what are called "cruise lights" which are small semi-dim lights inside of a lightbar that remain on constantly to make the vehicle more noticeable. These are typically found in Code 3 products used by security vehicles at malls and shopping centers.

Mike

i am pretty sure but not possitive , me being from canada, but odesnt c.h.p. need a steady burn red light in the front when emergency lights on?

Merged by: Mike - -USE THE EDIT BUTTON!

and also could you make more lightbars like the one on the chp charger. thats the sickest lightbar you have and also the wig wags are sick. i think the lapd car without the lightbar should have more lights in tthe back.
i am pretty sure but not possitive , me being from canada, but odesnt c.h.p. need a steady burn red light in the front when emergency lights on?

Merged by: Mike - -USE THE EDIT BUTTON!

Since this is the second time you've asked about lighting on vehicles used in the mod, I recommend you read this post, and the rest in that thread for a better understanding.

@ lord_bonev:

I am already working a black SUV. Not the one in your picture. Mine will be unmarked and won't have a lightbar.

First of all, I appreciate your work. I was skimming through this thread when I saw what you wrote. I thought I would post up some pictures of unmarked, black SUVs from various federal agencies to help you with your creation. Since your SUV won't have a lightbar, I assume that it will have vehicle integral and/or interior mounted emergency lights. I am absolutely sure you already have great knowledge and ideas about what kind of lights to use, but I hope these pics can help you.

post-2164-1211182632_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming your SUV will be from the FBI, but this picture is of an US Secret Service (USSS) Suburban part of a presidential motorcade. Note the side LED lights.

post-2164-1211182663_thumb.jpg

Another picture

post-2164-1211182822_thumb.jpg

Picture of a Department of Homeland Security Ford Explorer.

The new Secret Service vs. the FBI are not very comprable at all, the Secret Service as you can tell love the christmas tree effect on their vehicles since they are all about show it makes sense... Chances are the FBI SUV in the game will have a relatively simple lighting pattern since the FBI is not known for going bezerk on their unmarked units like some other agencies. The DHS truck really isnt of much help since as you can tell from the picture it is a very discreet truck designed to somewhat blend. In all honesty the US Secret Service Presidential Motorcade Division is not the ideal "example" of federal lighting since they are in no way going for discretion in their activities when they are doing their motorcade duties.

The new Secret Service vs. the FBI are not very comprable at all, the Secret Service as you can tell love the christmas tree effect on their vehicles since they are all about show it makes sense... Chances are the FBI SUV in the game will have a relatively simple lighting pattern since the FBI is not known for going bezerk on their unmarked units like some other agencies. The DHS truck really isnt of much help since as you can tell from the picture it is a very discreet truck designed to somewhat blend. In all honesty the US Secret Service Presidential Motorcade Division is not the ideal "example" of federal lighting since they are in no way going for discretion in their activities when they are doing their motorcade duties.

:1046275747_biggthumpup:

i was wondering when you select an undercover car from the police screen, (where you buy and dispatch them) if there could be another button like the button for the amount of cars you want to send but instead this button picks different colours for the undercover crown vic. (dark red/bergandy, white, black, navy blue, etc.)

Guest tower47
i have an idea: the spca la for animal protection like wounded horses or dogs

Where did you see horses running around in the mod :WTF: I've seen dogs but thats about it.

i have an idea: the spca la for animal protection like wounded horses or dogs

When I read these suggestions, I am reminded first and foremost of something I stated in my own suggestion post

The key question to ask is, if this item is added or changed, how would it affect the way you play the game? Is it just cosmetic for realism? Is it something to fix a deficiency existent in the game/game engine? Is it something I can do myself? The key question though is why should Hoppah spend his time and bother at all?

Currently there are no user created missons or freeplay events that require any animal rescue or abuse investigations. That leads me to go back to the quote and ask how would adding these units influence or effect the game beyond eye candy? Beyond that, the SPCALA is a non-profit group private group that does a great service to the citizens of Los Angeles and plays a vital role in investigating animal abuse and rescue missions during times of disaster. For the mods sake, I'd be more inclined to go with the Los Angeles Citys own Animal Service and Animal Control officers. Working hand in hand with County officers and private groups, they are the primary agency for dealing with all animal related incidents, investigations, and rescues.

Where did you see horses running around in the mod :WTF: I've seen dogs but thats about it.

There is an area in the Deluxe freeplay map in the south east that has various animals including horses.

i was wondering when you select an undercover car from the police screen, (where you buy and dispatch them) if there could be another button like the button for the amount of cars you want to send but instead this button picks different colours for the undercover crown vic. (dark red/bergandy, white, black, navy blue, etc.)

In the EM4 career game, i recall some Polar Bears that you had to shoot down.

I did not compare anything. I simply posted up the pictures to help Hoppah get an idea of the types of integral/interior lights that one federal agency uses. Keep in mind that at the time I was not sure which agency the SUV was being created for. I chose to post up USSS pictures because one can actually see the lights in action compared to the DHS vehicle.

You are wrong in that the Secret Service is “all about show.” One might assume this because of the portrayal of the SS in the media. Yes, the USSS does make sure its presence is known both for protective and politician notability reasons, but keep in mind that presidential protection is not the only task that the USSS is assigned to perform. In addition, the USSS is responsible for the security of National Special Events (i.e. Olympics), investigation of identity theft, financial fraud crimes, missing and exploited children, and school shootings. The USSS needs the same amount of discretion as the FBI when performing such duties.

If you do not mind me asking; are/were you a member of a law enforcement agency?

Ehhem, Ok buddy the FBI is where the truck is being created for which is not easy to find a single unified setup for... If you read the mod's topic regarding updates to it you would have seen this fact, not to mention that I believe it is mentioned here somewhere as well that the FBI truck is being created. The Secret Service Motorcade Detail IS about show, look at the vehicles used in the fleet, most of which are not on your photography sites anywhere and they are pretty much christmas trees... I know exactly what the US Secret Service is into and had you read the bottom of my reply you would have seen MOTORCADE DUTY. As a matter of fact I do mind you asking me if I am a member of a law enforcement, even though I am in the field you really have no need to know now do you?

I did not compare anything. I simply posted up the pictures to help Hoppah get an idea of the types of integral/interior lights that one federal agency uses. Keep in mind that at the time I was not sure which agency the SUV was being created for. I chose to post up USSS pictures because one can actually see the lights in action compared to the DHS vehicle.

You are wrong in that the Secret Service is “all about show.” One might assume this because of the portrayal of the SS in the media. Yes, the USSS does make sure its presence is known both for protective and politician notability reasons, but keep in mind that presidential protection is not the only task that the USSS is assigned to perform. In addition, the USSS is responsible for the security of National Special Events (i.e. Olympics), investigation of identity theft, financial fraud crimes, missing and exploited children, and school shootings. The USSS needs the same amount of discretion as the FBI when performing such duties.

If you do not mind me asking; are/were you a member of a law enforcement agency?

Ehhem, Ok buddy the FBI is where the truck is being created for which is not easy to find a single unified setup for... If you read the mod's topic regarding updates to it you would have seen this fact, not to mention that I believe it is mentioned here somewhere as well that the FBI truck is being created. The Secret Service Motorcade Detail IS about show, look at the vehicles used in the fleet, most of which are not on your photography sites anywhere and they are pretty much christmas trees... I know exactly what the US Secret Service is into and had you read the bottom of my reply you would have seen MOTORCADE DUTY. As a matter of fact I do mind you asking me if I am a member of a law enforcement, even though I am in the field you really have no need to know now do you?

No, I did not pick up on the FBI SUV fact because I was not able to read everything. Apparently you do not know “exactly what” the USSS is into because you stated, “the Secret Service is all about show.” I am saying that USSS is not all about show. I mentioned afore that,” the USSS does make sure its presence is known for presidential protection.” Regarding the LE question, I was just wondering if you were talking from experience when you stated: “[…] FBI is not known for going bezerk on their unmarked units like some other agencies.” No need to get offended there Mikey.

I felt that I was fairly clear as to which Detatchment I was speaking of in my original post but to me it is water under the bridge, I know the USSS is into other things which would require discretion but I was speaking of the Security Details alone, perhaps I should have been more clear in my statement. Since the pictures were from the presidential detail I figured you would assume that is what I was talking about.

Anywho, :welcome:

Guest firemanzac

Hoopah, as always, thanks for your hardwork :)

That's one of the things that will be included in v1.6. I didn't add it yet. :)

How do you do that in WiB

I don't play other mods and I don't care how they did it in the Winterberg Mod. Probably by making 2 million commandscripts.

I've played the newest version of Winterberg for 10 minutes and I didn't know what to do and I didn't like it at all.

They've deleted almost everything from the original gameplay and that's one of the thing I absolutely DO NOT want to do with my mod.

The whole mod leans on playing with fire department, meaning there are no cool police functions. Emergency 4 has more than playing with fire department units.

There is only one reason people like the mod and that's because Winterberg Mod is the only unique German mod.

I can make my own scripts and I don't even have to ask the creators how to add that function. It just takes some time.

How do you do that in WiB

Something I want to put in right here:

> International Emergency Fan Forum (Emergency 1,2,3 & 4) > Modifications > [EN|NL] Los Angeles Mod > [EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic

Does it say Winterberg? No, sowho cares how they did or how you do in Winterberg in the LA Mod topic.

If you have something to tell about another mod, I don’t care, just do it, but then put it where it’s supposed to be…

Might sound rude now, but fact is that if I let it go through my fingers once the second one will do the same

wtf are you talking about

He's talking about the misson where you need to rescue the people from the polar station (firsy mssion where you need to buy the airplane). In order to save one of the wounded you need to kill some polar bears who are attacking him.

Ok, not a request this time... I decided to use my time today to fulfill a request from this list. I've created a Los Angeles County engine skin using Hoppahs engine 7... I think it looks pretty good I'll post pictures if requested... So Hoppah if you want the skin for the mod, you're welcome to have it. (it's practically your original skin just with the new symbols and stripe, but with the red roof.

On a side note I'm not giving this out tto the public so please don't request the file unless your Hoppah, or MikesPhotos( since he can confirm it's up to snuff)

(it's practically your original skin just with the new symbols and stripe, but with the red roof.

I haven't seen the model yet, but you do know that LACoFD has diamond plate roofs too right? You can see a top view of LACoFD Engine 125 here and LACoFD E51 here

The main visual differences between the LA City and County rigs are the two reel lines above the pump panel, KME nose, and the paint scheme.

Mike