Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

It is an ungodly amount of work to make new rotor animations so my first guess would be no. It takes an incredible amount of work just to get the thing to look decent let alone great, he did all that work to the blackhawk rotor system and I really see no reason to replace the USCG helo which works just fine in it's current role.

It is an ungodly amount of work to make new rotor animations so my first guess would be no. It takes an incredible amount of work just to get the thing to look decent let alone great, he did all that work to the blackhawk rotor system and I really see no reason to replace the USCG helo which works just fine in it's current role.

okay, it was just a sugestion . . .

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned...

For the Tower Ladder, would it be possible to add a button which automatically sets up the aerial ladder. It would work similar to the 'Connect Hoses' command for an engine.

Steps (if the ladder has a crew):

1. Crew member disembarks truck

2. Truck sets up to put the aerial in service

3. Crew member enters the bucket

Any thoughts?

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned...

For the Tower Ladder, would it be possible to add a button which automatically sets up the aerial ladder. It would work similar to the 'Connect Hoses' command for an engine.

Steps (if the ladder has a crew):

1. Crew member disembarks truck

2. Truck sets up to put the aerial in service

3. Crew member enters the bucket

Any thoughts?

the connect hoses command only works if the firefighters have hoses. If you get a firefighter off the tower ladder and then click on the tower with the FF selected, it'll do basically what you want in your new command.

the connect hoses command only works if the firefighters have hoses.

Nope. When a pump arrives on scene as opposed to having the FF exit the pump, click the attach hoses command and you will see that the FF exit, get hoses and attach them automatically - which is a HUGE time saver, especially at big fires.

me neither, then I watched a vid and seen that work, so I tried it and it saved my life, because in free play I had a huge explosion at a row of houses, and of course they were all with care, so it just got worse and worse, but I could send the trucks and empty in like 2 seconds, which is a time saver, as I had I think 4 engines 2 WT 1 Chief(which is missing now? from game) and like 2 crash tender, 2 HES, and whatever else had fire extinguishers/could hold a hose. There was something like 56 vehicles between fire and police. and well over 300 uniuts

EDIT by Stan: Read the TOS! Tripple or double posting or even more is forbidden!

EDIT by Mike:The quote was rediculous, you can manually crop what you wanna refer to and still put "quote from *name*" and still give them their dues.

hey. i dont like the international for a pumper but for the water tender ..yes its great idea. i love the second crimson pumper. thats a real pumper.

not really. just have an suv take 4 people and drop off 3 where ever u want then just patrol with the 1 officer in the suv.

i like the idea of foot patroling units! but it would take alot of time before they spread out around in the city..

yes you are right. and also could you make more lightbars like the one on the chp charger. thats the sickest lightbar you have and also the wig wags are sick. i think the lapd car without the lightbar should have more lights in tthe back. also i was wondering why the heavy equip trucks and the brush trucks on the ford f-550 chassis cant go into the fire dept. almost all fire depts have a f-550 chassis truck of some kind. and also the water tender seems a little un-realistic to me. the huge cannon on the top just doesnt look right. thnx

OMG. Awesome car! Great idea.

I think the first one is a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe and the other two are a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. Look at the position of the rear doors. The Suburban is longer.

Guest ty4567
Hi everyone,

Because I am very busy at the moment I don't have much time to check the forum.

More than 50% of the topics are about new ideas, so it might be a good idea to use one topic instead.

To save time, all suggestions and ideas for the next versions must be posted in this topic now.

All other topics about the same thing will be deleted.

Posted suggestions/ideas and my personal opinion:

Second hospital, fire station or police station on freeplay map.

My opinion: Good idea, but requires alot of time to make it. Won't be added to mod until I have more time

Remove the paramedics with stretcher.

My opinion: Bad idea, I want to preserve some of the original gameplay. It will slow down gameplay, because you will have to give paramedics a stretcher manually. Doing this automaticly is useless and unnecessary. The mod already has 'Get/drop stretchter' commands, so this won't be added to the mod

Vehicles can only move when it has at least one passenger (a driver) inside.

My opinion: Bad idea, it adds realism (the only good point) and makes the game more difficult and challenging. But it will add alot of frustration too, so it won't be added to the mod.

I will edit this list with ideas with personal commentary soon.

Hoppah

when will it be ready

Read the TOS Prior to posting:

Notation of the TOS of Forums:

"Some subjects are not allowed here, here is the list of forbidden subjects. This list shows you the forbidden subjects, but the forbidden subjects are not limited to the list, all law forbidden things will not be tolerated."

- When will your mod release? => modders don't work with release dates

- I want to be beta tester => modders chose them themselves

Hello Hoppah,

I greatly appreciate the time and effort you have put in the MOD and i really enjoy using it. (as well as a couple of my internet buddies do too, and yeah i play with RunAwayScientist :) .)

1. There is one thing that would be awesome to add. That is, that the Fire Engines would have a limited source of water, and if the water runs out then they would have to connect to a fire hydrant, or if there aren't any fire hydrants nearby then you could just call out the Tanker(see picture below.) and the truck would connect to that.

img1.jpg

Or if the limited water thingy isn't possible, how about that you would have to have a tanker near the Fire Engine if you are going

to use water from that.

2. Another suggestion that i have is that when your playing multiplayer you should be able to use the Fire station, Police station etc..

I know your time is limited and i understand if this will get denied, and i am a 'noob' in the scripting/coding part of EM4/911 First Responders, so i wouldn't know if that's scriptable or not.

change the national garud name. (for realism)

im pretty sure it would be California natl guard, not US natl guard

also, can you do something about the equipment trailors and the fd control panel so they either cant be sabotaged or blown up because then they dont respawn?

1. There is one thing that would be awesome to add. That is, that the Fire Engines would have a limited source of water, and if the water runs out then they would have to connect to a fire hydrant, or if there aren't any fire hydrants nearby then you could just call out the Tanker(see picture below.) and the truck would connect to that.

This is scriptable but it would take a lot of time and effort and even a very, very experienced scripter like Hoppah probably will not be able to do it, simply because of the "hardcore" scripting needed.

Well you know how the mod has the U.S Forest Firefighters? why not add the US Forest Rangers ? Just an Idea :P

I already got like 4 different police/army forces in the mod: LAPD, LASD, CHP, Nat. Guard and FBI in v1.6.

That's more than enough. Come up with some special abilities if you want new units.

Or if the limited water thingy isn't possible, how about that you would have to have a tanker near the Fire Engine if you are going

to use water from that.

It's not possible to script water limitations. I even think it adds more frustation than fun to the game.

And it's also not possible to connect two vehicles.

2. Another suggestion that i have is that when your playing multiplayer you should be able to use the Fire station, Police station etc..

I know your time is limited and i understand if this will get denied, and i am a 'noob' in the scripting/coding part of EM4/911 First Responders, so i wouldn't know if that's scriptable or not.

Any ideas how to give vehicles from the fire station to all players? The park scripts must be changed completely, because it's made for single player.

I can add the hospital and police station, but that isn't really worth to spend my time on. Multiplayer is very unstable. It will add more bugs than fun.

change the national garud name. (for realism)

im pretty sure it would be California natl guard, not US natl guard

also, can you do something about the equipment trailors and the fd control panel so they either cant be sabotaged or blown up because then they dont respawn?

California is in the US, so who cares? I couldn't make vehicles undestroyable to saboteurs yet. The control panel is a 'vehicle object', because normal objects aren't commandable.

Guest blablaman
It's not possible to script water limitations. I even think it adds more frustation than fun to the game.

i think it is possible to script but hard. In the mod rescue trainer is there a indicater for benzine and if its emty the car are not moving.

but what you also say it is more frustation than fun, but it makes more realitie

sorry for my bad english

I already got like 4 different police/army forces in the mod: LAPD, LASD, CHP, Nat. Guard and FBI in v1.6.

That's more than enough. Come up with some special abilities if you want new units.

I wasn't talking about having them connect to each other, but that the tanker would just have to be near the engine.

I lean towards what hoppah said that it will make the gameplay too frustrating to have to worry about a water level while dealing with a fire in the game even if it were possible to do so. I do not believe it is possible to limit the water flow of the ground vehicles anyway, I believe they hard-coded there to be no limit in the quantity of water they can use.... Placing a water tanker next to a fire engine while perhaps possible is yet another example of making the game more frustrating, after all how do you declare a tanker "close" enough for it to be used and how do you define how many vehicles may be supplied by a tanker.... There are just too many places where questions arise that have no real purpose other than to clutter up the map with more vehicles that in the end honestly a tanker won't be used for anything of use.

California is in the US, so who cares? I couldn't make vehicles undestroyable to saboteurs yet. The control panel is a 'vehicle object', because normal objects aren't commandable.

well, is it possible to make the panel respawn? because if its destroyed theres no point to freeplay and you have to start a new game. :(

Hoppah,

I have noticed people getting annoyed about the fact that the cannon on the water cannon does not work when yo uactivate hose connections. But I have found on the Winterberg mod that you can atrtach hoses to water tenders and still use the cannons on them

James

Hoppah,

I have noticed people getting annoyed about the fact that the cannon on the water cannon does not work when yo uactivate hose connections. But I have found on the Winterberg mod that you can atrtach hoses to water tenders and still use the cannons on them

James

That's one of the things that will be included in v1.6. I didn't add it yet. :)