Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

I'm curious what specifically you are asking for since the unmarked car can already park at the police station and carry SWAT officers. My personal preference is to use two of the unmarked cars, 1 with 2 SWAT officers that are my grab team, 1 with a Negotiator and a Scout as my intelligence team, and then follow that up with a van for heavy equipment and more resources if necessary.

thing was that i noticed that some swat cars were diff. color.. and were also unmarked suvs

btw what happened with hoppahs idea with the new light bar?

all the ladders are quints in the game, mod or not. normal ladders wouldnt have a pump or water supply. theyd have to e hooked up to a hyfranyt or pumper.

That's not necessarily true. some tower ladders have a pump built into to them and others do not. the reason units don't have to be hooked up to a pumper is that's the way the game works. Also a quint is a specific type of unit. Here isthe definition of the name quint "The name quint is derived from the Latin prefix quinque-, meaning five, and refers to the five functions that a quint provides: pump, water tank, fire hose, aerial device, and ground ladders."(from wikipedia).usually quints are rear mount straight sticks and are around 75' and they have a tank,which most ladders don't have.

Here are examples of a tower ladder with a pump, without a pump, and a quint.

Warwick Truck 633 (tower with a pump)

633warwick.jpg

2000 GPM Pump

Aprox. 500' of 5" supply line*

Aprox. 250' of 1.5" attack line*

*- don't know exact lengths because we only really use them at wetdowns.

FDNY Truck 159 (tower w/o pump)

TL158.jpg

no pump

no hoses

Vernon Truck 402 (quint)

402vernon.jpg

75' ariel

1500 GPM

400 gallon tank

you'll notice the rear is set up to carry hoses and hard suction, as well as standered truck equipment.

402vernon_rear.jpg

ok, yer i know quint means 5, but is there like a triplet truck or what?

plus, i would think pumps in a ladder are rare

As most don't know, the full name of a modern engine is a triple combination pumper, which means that it has a pump, hose bed, and and chemical tanks. The first one was delivered to City of Middletown N.Y. as I belive Engine 1. that same company also operated the last Thibault sold in the U.S.

As for the Ladders with pumps are actually very common out side of large cities, where you know you're going to have a fully staffed engine running directly with the truck to the job or being on scene within minutes of the call from a different firehouse. Also, alot of volunteer fire departments do not split into specific types of companies, such as engines, trucks, and rescues. In OCNY, Warwick is only one of four or five departments that have that type of division. Also, in volunteer departments, if a group jumps in the ladder and roars off, there's a good chance they may be the only unit on scene for at least 10-15 mins. If there's no emergency, they may the only unit on the call at all. That's why the volunteers perfer ladders with pumps.

Don't mean to play Moderator here, but :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Any ways, changing to this topic, not quints. I'm not sure If I dreamt this because I can't dfind it, but would it be possible to have to SWAT come down from the Heli, just like a engineer>?

Have you seen the changes that v 1.6 is going to have?

I think that it is the same way!

Maybe is this possible, make a differrent heli for the SWAT so they can rappel down.

A second idea is that they rappel down on flat roofs so they can sniper from it

Maybe is this possible, make a differrent heli for the SWAT so they can rappel down.

A second idea is that they rappel down on flat roofs so they can sniper from it

It isn't that easy. Buildings must be changed to 'walkable' objects then.

Guest lord_bonev

how do you do to everybody, hoppah nice idea. I think that you can change this freeplay map, you can put new, different and more interesting. And make new police station with large parkink out as films ot TV, why not one small prison with prisoners, security and various such. Also one station of FBI, CTU ot National Security. My ideas are for black fbi jeep (GMC :Phttp://www.code3motorpool.com/images/011ful_us_secret2_b.jpg ) with blue siren on the cover and one who didnt have. Maybe one limusines with president and more agents :D

ps sry for my bad english

ps2 ...and more animated city, trafic, cars...

... you can make dogs, special dog ;)

ps3 special unit can go from special helicopter as your new military ;)

ps4 airport in the freeply map with security track (racing) for politics and president :P

That truck in the image is more likely than not a Secret Service Detail truck (they use them for motorcade duty). The truck has all the things that the Secret Service trucks pack not the FBI. Looks like it's got some armor, too. The prison idea serves no purpose in the game unfortunately, since there is not a freeplay mission of prison break or anything like it.

EDIT:

for lord_bonev:

NSA National Security Agency is located in the state of Maryland, they act as an intelligence agency, more or less analyzing data from all kinds of sources but not really serving as the traditional law enforcement type of role.

I understand you wish for there to be more federal units, however, most of the ones you asked for are more of an east-coast thing, they are most often found in the Washington, D.C. area and Maryland, as well as New York City (because of the UN). They occasionally may end up having to roam in LA but for the most part the DSS/Secret Service vehicles you've requested are not really acting as law enforcement, perhaps if there was a mission made with either a Diplomat or Foreign leader or the president in it then they would be required but for the normal gameplay they are not something unique to bring to the LA mod, and in all honesty not really likely to be roaming there too often anyway. Hope this information helps you to understand the federal agencies in the US a little bit better.

Guest lord_bonev
That truck in the image is more likely than not a Secret Service Detail truck (they use them for motorcade duty). The truck has all the things that the Secret Service trucks pack not the FBI. Looks like it's got some armor, too. The prison idea serves no purpose in the game unfortunately, since there is not a freeplay mission of prison break or anything like it.

ya i now that car is not a fbi, i cant find a fbi car like that. Why not have a prison in the game, becouse have police station, maybe there arest people ;) and the going there fot instance

this "motorcade duty" maube can used for limusines as a films ;)

@ lord_bonev:

I am already working a black SUV. Not the one in your picture. Mine will be unmarked and won't have a lightbar.

A new freeplay takes months of work. I can spend my time on much more and better things.

I don't really see the point of having even more government agencies in the mod. Why add NSA if we don't have any special abilities for THAT agency?

And CTU doesn't even exist in real life. You've watched the show 24 for too long.

Police dogs are cool, but hard to make. It's hard to make a script where these dogs attack or scare people.

If I copy the rappel commands to the SWAT units, the Army units would lose their special abilities.

Guest lord_bonev
@ lord_bonev:

I am already working a black SUV. Not the one in your picture. Mine will be unmarked and won't have a lightbar.

A new freeplay takes months of work. I can spend my time on much more and better things.

I don't really see the point of having even more government agencies in the mod. Why add NSA if we don't have any special abilities for THAT agency?

And CTU doesn't even exist in real life. You've watched the show 24 for too long.

Police dogs are cool, but hard to make. It's hard to make a script where these dogs attack or scare people.

If I copy the rappel commands to the SWAT units, the Army units would lose their special abilities.

Yes i now, that is sow with dificult for work. I just give my ideas for game. I play your mod from a few months and i'm really pleased. Good work and keep going ;)

What about having the map of deluxe version in non-deluxe version? Would be nice :)

Then I have to copy more than 150 objects to my mod otherwise the people without Deluxe can't see them. No, this is not going to happen.

Hey hoopah great mod btw I love it!.. I have a suggestion you know how the regular game the cops dont carry guns but can make arrest direct traffic .etc I was thinking why not a traffic officer or traffic enforcement type of unit? It will be useful for taffic incidents traffic lights gone out .etc

Heres a photo of a parking enforcement in LA

17272402_61425797bd.jpg

I guess it can be similar to that or the nypd trafiic unit which looks lik e

except it says traffic instead of auxiliary.

I think that will be a good add instead of using cops all the time for dumb things like traffic

Edited:Removed NYPD Aux Picture :)

Guest francismori7
Then I have to copy more than 150 objects to my mod otherwise the people without Deluxe can't see them. No, this is not going to happen.

Damn, I'll need to buy it :P

Guest Hanover Firefighter
NYPD traffic unit is like the CHP

Yea im not so sure that that even closely resembles anything of what the CHP looks like or in that matter does.

I know it has been brought up in the past but what about maybe creating older style reserve engines.