Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

I believe Hoopah is considering for 1.6, the extra parking spots as well as an empty Bay space in the fire station for whatever the player wants to put in their :)

Where I am at, just about every station, with some exceptions has some sort of "Special Service" i.e: Ladder, Heavy Rescue, Hazmat, USAR, MCU etc.. so that is not really that unrealistic. My station that I run with has 4 "Special Services" (2 Heavy Rescues, a Ladder Truck and a Boat) and we are getting ready to add a 5th (In name, a Technical Rescue Support Company) and oh, we dont have an Engine. Definetly not the norm, but its just how the cards have played out here over the last 80 years or so.

I

Sounds like Berwyn Heights.

Guest Mav1701
My own personal opinion is simple, if you want a 2nd station, it takes only 5 minutes to open the editor, clear a few stacked boxes in the harbor area, or a few parked cars in the NE corner of the map and voila, you now have your very own station. You can decide what goes there, which lot to use, and as soon as you have it set up the way you like, press F5 and save it so you only have to reload from that point. Then use the save camera keys below the map so you can jump between all 3 stations if you want.

Mike

Not quite that simple. The station is made of many "Named" scripting objects (The doors, the vehicle parking points, the staging points to go through the doors, the people spawner, the control box..) and the LaFirestation script refers to them all directly. So even if you cloned the station and renamed everything, you still have to either expand the script or duplicate it, and its a large script

why not just add the command to stop cars or redirect vehicles to the fire fighters?

second hoppah what if thats what the captins job was?

5 alarms

Engine 1st due

can call for PD, EMS Chief

each alarm calls different units, mike if possible can you list the units due per alarm?

Not quite that simple. The station is made of many "Named" scripting objects (The doors, the vehicle parking points, the staging points to go through the doors, the people spawner, the control box..) and the LaFirestation script refers to them all directly. So even if you cloned the station and renamed everything, you still have to either expand the script or duplicate it, and its a large script

Mav, I think you read to much into my reply. I was going for "as simple as possible" in that you just clear the boxes and nothing more. No scripts, nothing fancy, just an empty lot. If you want your engine to go back there, you use the "move there" command. The fire station scripts are wonder and all, but really, how hard is to just click on an engine or light force and point to a lot after a fire, and say go back there?

One thing I have noticed, and a search of the forums gave me an answer for EM3 that didn't quite seem to work for EM4. If I place an engine on the freeplay map, i notice its traits are 0 transports, 0 passengers, and no one can enter the rig. Should I modify it, or am I doing something incorrectly?

why not just add the command to stop cars or redirect vehicles to the fire fighters?

While more often then not, firefighters are tasked with having to do traffic control on incidents for at least a short period of time, one of the first things you'll hear over the radio is repeated calls for DOT (department of transportation) or PD for traffic control. No offense intended to the fine men and women in both departments, but firefighters have much more important things to be doing then traffic control when the city has an abundance of DOT and PD.

second hoppah what if thats what the captins job was?

5 alarms

Engine 1st due

can call for PD, EMS Chief

each alarm calls different units, mike if possible can you list the units due per alarm?

I can, but then.. I can't. This brings up an interesting fact of the Los Angeles City Fire Department. Unlike many other departments you may be familiar with, the LAFD does NOT use a traditional alarm or box system. Each call has it's own dispatch algorithm based on type of structure and location, as well as weather pattern. For example, santa ana winds will include an observation helicopter and additional units down wind in case of tree's and embers. After the first assignment gets on scene, the IC (incident commander) will request whatever units he or she feels is neccesary. With the flexibility of the Task Force/Light Force concept, it allows them to judge their needs specifically and call for additional Engines, Light Forces, Task Forces, in whatever numbers their situation requires. A common call will be "OCD, Van Nuys IC.. Send me an additional Task Force and Engine and another BC" That would get him 2 engines, and a Light Force which can either be used as a 3 engine or a truck. Remember, except for Station 9, you'll never see a truck respond in LA without a pumper with it.

The breakdown, for those interested is:

"A" assignment includes not less than four fire companies and not less than 1 truck

-Example: Batt 10, Task Force 88 (Engine 88, Engine 288, T88), Engine 78, Engine 39, EMS 10, RA88.

"B" assignment includes not less than six fire companies and not less than 2 trucks

- Dwellings, apartments, and hotel occupancies four or more stories in

height. All commercial and/or industrial properties that exceed certain parameters, Schools, special schools, day nurseries two or more stories, Sanatoriums, homes for aged, hospitals, public assemblages, and churches except B?2 occupancies under 100 feet. A B2 is explained in the LA City Fire Code. Also all assemblage occupancies on second floor or above.

-Example: Batt 10, Task Force 88 (Engine 88, Engine 288, T88), Engine 78, Task Force 39 (Engine 39, Engine 239, Truck 39), Engine 109, EMS 10, RA88.

"C" assignment includes not less than four fire companies and not less than 1 truck

-Special Assignments like Airports, Brush and Harbor, amongst others

After the first units get on scene, any additional units required turns the incident into a "Greater Alarm" regardless of what is requested. After 15 fire companies are on scene, it reaches the level of Major Emergency.

The way the current BC is scripted is very very similar to the way LA does things. You want more engines? You just request more engines. Another truck, well just call it in! One thing I would like to see is the "Engine 2" modified slightly by adding a 2 in front of its name as in 288 or 207, and when the Truck is called out via script, the "2 car" responds with it as a light force.

I know thats foreign to many of you from other parts of the world, but I suggest you try it out for a bit. You'll see just how versatile the Task Force/Light Force concept is. Many times, depending on the area, response time, and other factors, instead of getting an Engine company, you'll get an additional Light Force as part of your original assignment since they can function as either a truck or engine company on scene. With 6 firefighters on board, they can be a significant force multiplier!

As far as adding a Captain, I'm a bit reluctant to go with that. As it is right now, it's great to be able to select a group of firefighters quickly and easily to direct them to do what you need. By adding a captain, you'll always be leaving him out and having to select him separately when moving units around. On most of the calls found in the game, a BC would always be dispatched to 90% of them, in which case the Captain would be relegated not to any command position per se, but utilized as just a member of Fire Attack. Why not just leave the command and control with the Chief officers?

Mike

One thing I have noticed, and a search of the forums gave me an answer for EM3 that didn't quite seem to work for EM4. If I place an engine on the freeplay map, i notice its traits are 0 transports, 0 passengers, and no one can enter the rig. Should I modify it, or am I doing something incorrectly?

Those traits (which you can change) are only used for vehicles which are already placed on the map, because unit.xml (where you can find number of transports and passengers for each vehicles also) isn't executed on those vehicles you will get 0 transports/passengers if those traits aren't set. So you should modify it. :)

About EM3: You couldn't change those traits in EM3, so that's why the passengers/transports had to be set by script.

Guest rescue_me
I could be wrong, but I think that at least both Engine 1, 2, and the Ladder Truck are peirce rigs (pierce chassis and bodywork) There could be more and I could also be wrong

WEll..

a updated chassis..

the one on the lamod now is a 99' or a 97' looks like it to me.. or a 2000 model..

just new lights and stuff.... detel..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh ya the chassis from the crimson chassis that im tlkin about is this one..

that was my first idea..

Mrl

post-514-1203711629_thumb.jpg

Guest Mav1701
Mav, I think you read to much into my reply. I was going for "as simple as possible" in that you just clear the boxes and nothing more. No scripts, nothing fancy, just an empty lot. If you want your engine to go back there, you use the "move there" command. The fire station scripts are wonder and all, but really, how hard is to just click on an engine or light force and point to a lot after a fire, and say go back there?

Oh, well then yeah that would definitely work. Though, 3 issues:

They won't park straight

The guys will just hang out in the truck

They will be listed as "unavailable" according to the chiefs "Call ....." script, so if you use the chief to call an engine or whatever, they won't respond. USARs, Squads, etc would be fine though.

I can, but then.. I can't. This brings up an interesting fact of the Los Angeles City Fire Department. Unlike many other departments you may be familiar with, the LAFD does NOT use a traditional alarm or box system. Each call has it's own dispatch algorithm based on type of structure and location, as well as weather pattern. For example, santa ana winds will include an observation helicopter and additional units down wind in case of tree's and embers. After the first assignment gets on scene, the IC (incident commander) will request whatever units he or she feels is neccesary. With the flexibility of the Task Force/Light Force concept, it allows them to judge their needs specifically and call for additional Engines, Light Forces, Task Forces, in whatever numbers their situation requires. A common call will be "OCD, Van Nuys IC.. Send me an additional Task Force and Engine and another BC" That would get him 2 engines, and a Light Force which can either be used as a 3 engine or a truck. Remember, except for Station 9, you'll never see a truck respond in LA without a pumper with it.

The breakdown, for those interested is:

"A" assignment includes not less than four fire companies and not less than 1 truck

-Example: Batt 10, Task Force 88 (Engine 88, Engine 288, T88), Engine 78, Engine 39, EMS 10, RA88.

"B" assignment includes not less than six fire companies and not less than 2 trucks

- Dwellings, apartments, and hotel occupancies four or more stories in

height. All commercial and/or industrial properties that exceed certain parameters, Schools, special schools, day nurseries two or more stories, Sanatoriums, homes for aged, hospitals, public assemblages, and churches except B?2 occupancies under 100 feet. A B2 is explained in the LA City Fire Code. Also all assemblage occupancies on second floor or above.

-Example: Batt 10, Task Force 88 (Engine 88, Engine 288, T88), Engine 78, Task Force 39 (Engine 39, Engine 239, Truck 39), Engine 109, EMS 10, RA88.

"C" assignment includes not less than four fire companies and not less than 1 truck

-Special Assignments like Airports, Brush and Harbor, amongst others

After the first units get on scene, any additional units required turns the incident into a "Greater Alarm" regardless of what is requested. After 15 fire companies are on scene, it reaches the level of Major Emergency.

Mike

wow mike thats a very intresting way of dispacth here in new york city we used an almost traditonal box alarm dispatch with exceptions of un usual assignments

you can see these dispatch plans at http://www.fdnewyork.com/aa.asp

My feasible wishes are to have an LA County FD engine, and a private ambulance.

My two wishes that would be VERY hard to do is to have a different type of ladder truck (mid-mount or tiller) and also another fire station on the E end of the map, even if it only had 1 engine. Maybe you could dedicate one of the already existing engines to just return to that station. Would that make programming easier?

Guest tower47

Hi I just have 2 ideas, The first one would be to add this California Highway Patrol Dodge SuvIMG_5327.jpgIMG_5326.jpg and my last idea is to add two traffic lights near the fire station and when you get a call have them change to red for like 2 or 3 min. So you can get your firetrucks out. Sorry if the pics are kind of big.

hi there

iam from holland and i love the firefighters of america my nefju has deid on 11 september with the twingtowers he was also a fire fighter there in newyork but wy i am here for maby de ladder wagon is beutiful but maybe this one wil be better

Pierce Quantum Heavy-Duty 100’ Tiller

Delivered to: City of Kent Fire Department, Washington

Delivered: March 2007

Model: 18413

kent_18413_sign.jpg

Visit My Website

I'd like to make a suggestion or a request for your next mod or mod version 1.5.1 etc... I think it would be cool to have a private ambulance service in the game. I was thinking AMR as they are all over the country and I'm sure are in LA too. Although I'm guessing they don't cover any emergency calls in LA I'm sure their ambualnces are still operating throughout the city. Maybe Mike can help us with this. My idea would be that you could just reuse your current red and white van ambulance which is currently not used by LAFD and reskin it as an AMR rig. This way we can reuse a great looking ambulance without clutering the game with another unit. Your thoughts?

I've included a few sample links of AMR rigs. This is just a thought.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/southerncalifornian/44096248/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21059248@N06/2127886843/

http://www.baldyviewemtprogram.com/sitebui...ictures/AMR.JPG

***These are not my pics, just using them as examples***

P.S. I forgot who brought it up, but I loved the idea of having a storage lot in freeplay mode with older reserve engines, ambulances etc...

I'm not talking about replacing all of the LAFD ambulances. Just the one older style van type ambulance that currently isn't being utilized by the LAFD. I think it would be cool to have a private ambulance as an option.

so your talkin bout city ambulances.. not fire ambulances.... dunno man.. seems like hoppahs set on wat ambos hes got now...

Ik vind de lightbar, welke geplaatst is op de nieuwe Dodge Charger helemaal tha bomb! Ik zou dit soort (felle, platte en alternerend flitsende) lightbars graag terug willen zien op meerdere voertuigen, alleen dan met flitsers aan beide zijden.

Mischien is het mogelijk om ook diverse opties toe te voegen:

- Zelf brand kunnen stichten (zat in de Winterberg 6.5 mod)

- De tijd voor- en achteruit kunnen zetten (zit in de huidige Winterberg mod)

- Politie ook de brandweer ter plaatse kunnen roepen (of alleen de OVD, welke de andere eenheden weer kan aansturen)

De nieuwe missies zijn echt perfect. Ze zouden zo in het spel zelf kunnen zitten. Hulde! Alleen mis ik wel wat missies met verkeer (ongelukken, opstoppingen, achtervolging(?) of ander soort onheil)

Keep up the great work!

Guest Lost-hope
Ik vind de lightbar, welke geplaatst is op de nieuwe Dodge Charger helemaal tha bomb! Ik zou dit soort (felle, platte en alternerend flitsende) lightbars graag terug willen zien op meerdere voertuigen, alleen dan met flitsers aan beide zijden.

Same here, I like the new CHP patrol car. Special the lights

It would be nice to update the other police cars, so they look all as shiny as the Doge Charger.

- Politie ook de brandweer ter plaatse kunnen roepen (of alleen de OVD, welke de andere eenheden weer kan aansturen)

Like that one too.

Maybe it is also an option to slow things down? It is really heavy after a while. So I don't have time to use all the nice extra things.

Some other ideas/improvements:

- Make it possible to park a heavy equipement truk outside at a free parking lot at the fire station.

- Add the command 'park at the police station' to some SWAT trucks.

Nice work in v1.5 Hoppah

- Zelf brand kunnen stichten (zat in de Winterberg 6.5 mod)

- De tijd voor- en achteruit kunnen zetten (zit in de huidige Winterberg mod)

De nieuwe missies zijn echt perfect. Ze zouden zo in het spel zelf kunnen zitten. Hulde! Alleen mis ik wel wat missies met verkeer (ongelukken, opstoppingen, achtervolging(?) of ander soort onheil)

Keep up the great work!

wat did you just say???

Guest Lost-hope

He says that he likes the new Dodge Charger, he would like to see those flashlights (fast, flat, alternating flashing lightbars) on more cars/trucks.

he would also like some other options:

- make a fire yourself

- make it possible to put the time forward and backwards

- make it possible for police officers to call a fire truck or the commander

He likes the new missions, but he misses traffic things.

Guest EaCop

I Would Like to see a new freeplay map.

With a Little Highway, so you can chase some one.

Also more Pursuits.

From cops.

Because, I see more LAFD stuff.

But I would like to see more Police stuff.

With a Little Highway, so you can chase some one.

Also more Pursuits.

From cops.

Im getting kind of tired of scrolling the fourms and seeing people ask about pursuits, people IT HAS BEEN SAID MANY MANY MANY TIMES THERE IS NOT YET A WAY TO MAKE POLICE PURSUITS HAPPEN!!! :1046275947_director: :protest::8:

I'm new here so don't flame me if I sound like an idiot but, I think that their should be less fires and more police/emt related incidents and personally I like being able to respond in a perfect way so I'm not clogged up with alot of emergencies at once during freeplay, I like to spend alot of time on one separate emergency, like say there is a car accident I wish I could be able to send cops to keep traffic under control, then a firetruck to get people, out then get the people to an ambulance then a hospital then have a tow truck come and take care of the rest instead of, having to do it all and at the same time deal with five other emergencies, maybe you could incorporate a "super easy" mode or realism mode or something, just an idea. I hope I don't sound weird because I'm typing kind of fast. Also I know you said no more fire stations for the time being but I agree with having another small one on the edge of town.

Guest firefighter304

it wouldnt be apart of the mod... its possible to edit the game file itself to have more or less police fire or emt incidents... i cant remember what topic it was, try searching for it