Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

i like the battalion chief alot but i dont use him becouse i have to select a another unit and so on and i keep on forgetting him and blabla, but what about adding a

brigade leader or something to fire truck 1 and 2?( and maybe ladder truck aswell) a brigade leader that could call for extra help like the battalion chief.. just an idea.

You mean like a Captain?

wELL..

I Think a Second Fire Station...

By the docks down the the right bottom of the free playmap...

Three bays..

Apparatus..

FIRE ENGINE.1

AMBULANCE.1

US&R.1

Be cool i think../

I dont think we need a another police station or a hospital...

Oh yes...

Just a suggesting...

THe water pumper...

New chassis/.?

http://crimson-fire.com/crimson/customerco...asp?StepID=2810

Help you out maybe...

Thx..

Mrl

New Chassis for Fire Engine.1 or .2

http://crimson-fire.com/crimson/customerco...asp?StepID=2302

I know your beze all of the time... just a nother suggeston...

oH YEA.. if you need some new pictures of it up close..

im in dallas and they 5 new trucks..

I can get n e pictures you need of a crimson-sparton chassis...

Thx agein..

Mrl

EDIT by Stan: Read the TOS! Tripple or double posting or even more is forbidden!

***FIRE ENGINE.1****

AMBULANCE.1

US&R.1

Why not the smaller truck like the green ones and the brush truck and the other small one .. the 4 smaller truck like a small country at the top of the map near the forest

Guest rescue_me
Perhaps because mike has posted what fire trucks LAFD currently uses.

ya,.

MAybe Not now.

But do you know the furture or do's he know the furture?

Its a game..

N E THING'S POSSBLE

Happah wat do you think about it?

More work?

Or cool idea?

Mrl

Ok...

well. how do you know that they do or don't have a Crimson chassis on n e of there truck's

And it would be cool to see a new desighed for lamod..

Not saying that the ones that's already on the mods not cool..

cuz they Are cool..

.. just a change...

Mrl

.....ive never seen one

if you want a change...make the engines seagraves....seeing as thats what i see quite alot of the pictures

Guest rescue_me
.....ive never seen one

if you want a change...make the engines seagraves....seeing as thats what i see quite alot of the pictures

Thats a good idea also..

But the crimson chasiss would be nice..

But you know it would be cool if there was a airport engine..

.. like the crash and the ambulance.

Mrl

this is just an idea, maybe make a SWAT medic who can heal, but be part of the SWAT team and if he drops his bag, be able to use a handgun and arrest. Just an idea. Also, maybe think about this http://www.code2high.com/variouspd.htm it's used, I've been informed by some sites, that it is used to decontaminate cadavers. It would make sense because in the gas mission, there are like 10 bodies that need to be decontaminated, just a thought.

Perhaps the captain can call a "Second Alarm at this Location" which would automatically send the BC and an additional Fire Engine if you have one in the station.
Nice idea, but if that's the only 'extra' funtion the captain has it's quite useless to add the captain.
I haven't planned to add more unrealistic vehicles. Maybe it's better to add old LAFD fire engine's then, like gnorman mentioned.
I want to suggest one good thing, it would be hard to do i think, but it will bring up more reality to game. In game all firefigter vechiles have unlimited water, and fire-extinguishers too. If its possibel it would be nice, that near car's damage status show how many water it have left, if car is empty of water, just send to fire station, or connect to hydrant one hose. Also with fire-extinguisher, you could do that he would be active only 20 sec for example, then you must take new one. It would be very cool i think.
Would be cool to add, but it doesn't add really much to the mod. It just makes the game more difficult. And it's alot of scripting work.
I've suggested them before but here are my major suggestions in one place:

-replace boat unit with a Swift Water Rescue truck(either with the boat on top or on a trailer, using the script. Of course would require a new boat too)

- replace the crane with a heavy rescue ( the back of the unit does rotate so it would be like the crane with the boom facing backward)

- USFS firefighters in hotshot gear

-LAX firefighters in ARFF gear

-Specialized hazmat firefighters(decon/ medical/ and fire control, maybe different protection level suits, and SWAT in hazmat gear?)

-Firefighters in water rescue gear which can move fast on land and swim out to rescue but not dive (would look a lot like USAR firefighters...probably not possible)

-A reset script for the trailers behind the fire station

I like the Swift Water Rescue. Never saw that vehicle before (with a boat on top). Cool. :)

Adding USFS fire fighters is a nice idea too. I won't add the other units, since they add not that much. Same thing for the SWAT and Army medic. My mod doesn't even have army based missions.

But you know it would be cool if there was a airport engine..

.. like the crash and the ambulance.

There aren't even airport based missions, so what's the point of adding them. The LAX Ambulance is useless, I never use it and I don't like the yellow colors.

@ everyone with 2nd fire station suggestions:

See first post. I am not going to repeat my opinion.

Nice idea, but if that's the only 'extra' funtion the captain has it's quite useless to add the captain.

Well I could also see the Captain begin able to call police and an ambulance. Perhaps another idea is to move the attached hose command from the fire truck to the Captain.

Guest firefighter31191

I love the modd. When you make the new mod you should put directional arrows on the ambulances because in real life they do have them. so u dont have to call police. It would be nice to add that on the water tender to. :)

ya,.

MAybe Not now.

But do you know the furture or do's he know the furture?

Since my name was brought up I will respond to this post. The question raised was whether or not I know the future. The answer is, only the immediate and near. Having spoken to many of the members on the apparatus committees and being intimately familiar with the current budget purchases, the Los Angeles City Fire Department has no designs to purchase any Crimson Fire based Engines. As far as anyone could tell me, no one has even heard of them nor has any formal or infomal contact with them been established. With a department as large as Los Angeles City's, you find that there are only a very small number of manufacturers that can deliver the quantities LAFD requires as well as agree to the support and infrastructure terms. This is why the last purchase of 26 engines was split between 13 Seagraves and 13 Pierce Arrows.

I love the modd. When you make the new mod you should put directional arrows on the ambulances because in real life they do have them. so u dont have to call police. It would be nice to add that on the water tender to. :)

In regards to directional lighting on LAFD ambulances, I can only assume you are talking about apparatus from other departments, when you say they have them in real life. The Los Angeles City Fire Department does not equip their Basic or ALS ambulances with them and their upcoming purchases do not include them either.

The Fire Truck is a Suburban not a Tahoe.

:1046275747_biggthumpup:

I'd like to see the new Chevy Tahoe replace either the battalion chief vehicle or the police SUV.

Guest policeman philip
Hi everyone,

Because I am very busy at the moment I don't have much time to check the forum.

More than 50% of the topics are about new ideas, so it might be a good idea to use one topic instead.

To save time, all suggestions and ideas for the next versions must be posted in this topic now.

All other topics about the same thing will be deleted.

Posted suggestions/ideas and my personal opinion:

Second hospital, fire station or police station on freeplay map.

My opinion: Good idea, but requires alot of time to make it. Won't be added to mod until I have more time

Remove the paramedics with stretcher.

My opinion: Bad idea, I want to preserve some of the original gameplay. It will slow down gameplay, because you will have to give paramedics a stretcher manually. Doing this automaticly is useless and unnecessary. The mod already has 'Get/drop stretchter' commands, so this won't be added to the mod

Vehicles can only move when it has at least one passenger (a driver) inside.

My opinion: Bad idea, it adds realism (the only good point) and makes the game more difficult and challenging. But it will add alot of frustration too, so it won't be added to the mod.

I will edit this list with ideas with personal commentary soon.

Hoppah

Hey could you add a LAPD Chevy Caprice in the LA MOD for emergency 3.

Hmm. I'll second the call for Swift Water Rescue, as that's a very appropriate vehicle, although I will -also- be the first to admit that a Zodiac w. Crew will be ... less than easy to implement. Fortunately, the old LAFD Equipment Truck is -almost- the right model, by the looks of it, so that might save a little time. I'll also second the call for a "Heavy Rescue" crane, since apparently, LAFD has one, although it'll require a lot of modeling work due to what it is like. (I wasn't aware that they had such a beast on LAFD staff. Of course, I'm also on the wrong coast ... out here, we have regular towing companies that keep trucks like that handy.)

As for my -own- suggestion, I have the single smallest, probably simplest to implement I can think of. In real life, a tow-truck with a load will drive away with warning lights on, in the same way ambulances bound for HQ with patients in them go with lights and sirens. Currently, you hit "HQ" on a tow truck ... and it kills the warning lights and drives off.

Is it a tiny detail? Yes. Is it going to add something of value? No, and I will admit that. Is it accurate to real-world operation of the unit? Yes, and that's why I mention it.

Keep up the good work, Hoppah. I look forward to seeing what you surprise us all with that we -didn't- think of in 1.6. ^_^