Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

You can add lights!

Emergency3Freak

it won't work in game for the same reason the tiller ladder won't work, it's a truck and a trailer.

Also, I believe that is more desinged to be a an actual hospital, rather than to treat on secene and transport to a hospital, with the truck being set up as two operating rooms, and the supplies in the truck are set up to form a 200 bed hospital. Mike can correct me if this is wrong.

hey hoppah small thing id like to help you with... theres more the one color unmarked in real life so ive taken the liberety to change the colors being its a small difference, i made a brown and white model. if youd like these files please contact me id love to add something to the mod

I just arrested a Crook and sended the Car to the Police Station. anyways i think its unrealistic that he walks by HIMSELF into the Police Station wich.Shouldent a Officer Walk with him in it

yeah i second this it would be cool and realistic if the criminal could be walked into the police station instead of just being let go if is possible and it may be a small detail but its a good idea

Guest chevyrulzs2010

For realism i think that, to use the deck gun on the engines, that the engine should have to hook to a hydrent, because well for example, my fire engines at my real fire stations have 1000 gallon tanks and pump at 1500gpm, so that means that our deck gun will drain our tank in 45 secs, so i think the engines should have to hook to a hydrent to use the deck gun and not need a hydrent for the 4 hand lines

for S&R no, Not very realistic, that the poliuce carry search and rescue dogs, but maybe the LASD S&R Hummer... And like police K-9, I think this was discussed and said that it won't be happening, because of game limitations, or to much work. All I can say is read back, and don't repeat questions

Guest firemanzac

Oh, I know its not easy. But, to me it makes sense since you have the vehicle. In my mind, Hoopah gives the people that get paid to make these games a run for there money, so I know how how busy he is :)

It's not that I'm saying the idea isn't nice, it's just missions take a lot of time to do and he is currently working on 3 or 4 missions plus the other work for 1.7

Guest KingNikan
for S&R no, Not very realistic, that the poliuce carry search and rescue dogs, but maybe the LASD S&R Hummer... And like police K-9, I think this was discussed and said that it won't be happening, because of game limitations, or to much work. All I can say is read back, and don't repeat questions

I know i dident suggest making a new unit i suggested we put the K-9 dog into Police Rather then into the Hospital Peopel. I wasnet Repeatng Questions read my question better then comment

I have a question can we like give each Police Car sended a Diffrent Patrol Rout?

Also it would be nice to have the ability to make paramedics take off turn out gear with a small boost to speed or healing. Take it off on way to hospital. Also another thing, I think it is silly that you can heal a casualty simply by having a doctor there, but in an ambulance they are only stabilized. Oh and another thing, can you make it so that all the prices are realistic? Like 500,000 for a fire engine and such? Maybe a daily pay for personal.

Here's another idea. Please don't hate me for all these ideas.

As I understand it, station 2 will have a BLS ambulance and an ALS engine. If the simulated patient's health is at a certain level (relatively healthy), can the BLS unit "stabilize" the patient and transport the patient themselves without ALS assessing the patient.

Mike, please correct me if I'm wrong, but in real life, for priority 3, non-emergent patients ("I stubbed my toe." "I've been on an antibiotic for 12 hours and it isn't working." "I've been weak for the past 4 months.") would just be evaluated by a BLS unit and transported BLS (ALS would be cancelled). So for those patients in the game that are found to be relatively healthy, like the ones that just got beat up by a "rioting civilian", could skip the ALS evaluation if the health line is near the top, and the FF/EMT "stabilizes" them early.

My other idea would be to have off-screen resources that you order take a certain amount of time before they appear. For example, if you order engine 2 from off the screen, it takes 30 seconds before it appears since that station is a certain distance away. If you order the water tender, it might take a full minute due to it's simulated location outside the map.

These ideas might make it more realistic, but you guys have already done so much and it's greatly appreciated. Thanks again Mike and Hoppah. Again, if there's anything I can do, let me know. I'm not as good a resource about LAFD as Mike, but I might be able to help on the EMS side of things if you ever decide to work on that.

Guest Stukov

Once a patient is stabilized, they can be transported. Whether or not they survive depends on their condition. At least thats the way I think it works? As for real life, I know it depends on what the person calls in. In my area, all we have are ALS units, so they go to everything. But for a simple BLS call like a broken finger or something, its entirely possible only BLS will be dispatched. You don't need a medic to examine someone just to make sure its not an ALS incident. I don't know if LA does things the same way, but I can only imagine its a similar set up.

Once a patient is stabilized, they can be transported. Whether or not they survive depends on their condition. At least thats the way I think it works? As for real life, I know it depends on what the person calls in. In my area, all we have are ALS units, so they go to everything. But for a simple BLS call like a broken finger or something, its entirely possible only BLS will be dispatched. You don't need a medic to examine someone just to make sure its not an ALS incident. I don't know if LA does things the same way, but I can only imagine its a similar set up.

The default game behaviour is that a paramedic has to heal the person, (to any level passed the helicopter or ambualnce cutoff levels), to be able to take that person to the hospital. In the current game/mod format, you cannot stabilize with a firefighter and then transport with a stretcher team to the hospital.

Replace the command "call a ladder" with "call a light force". That way a ladder and the engine in the bay next to it will respond to the specified location. In the other engine bay you can put a fully staffed engine, effectively creating a Task Force in FS1. Top it off with a USAR truck, a chief, and two RAs you have a station ready to handle just about anything, esp. with HAZMAT and another engine across town.

Guest Stukov
The default game behaviour is that a paramedic has to heal the person, (to any level passed the helicopter or ambualnce cutoff levels), to be able to take that person to the hospital. In the current game/mod format, you cannot stabilize with a firefighter and then transport with a stretcher team to the hospital.

Really? I thought that I once stabilized someone without having a medic look at them and they were able to transport? Not sure though, but I'll take your word on it. In that case, you'd need a medic on scene certainly. Kind of defeats the purpose of BLS?

In the current game/mod format, you cannot stabilize with a firefighter and then transport with a stretcher team to the hospital.

Not correct, the Stabilize command checks the patient for its health and sets 'DrainLife' to zero.

If the patient is below a certain health level, you need a paramedic and then transport, otherwise you can transport it immediatly.