MikesPhotos

Offering my assistance.

Guest andrewonice

Maybe it could be changed in freeplay so that we don't know who the arsonist is and we have to find out, not sure if it is possible, but could be fun.

Mike,

Is this a current brush patrol truck?

That's the brand new, as in barely a couple of months, BP over at 109s. It's the only one of it's kind in service and I'll have to check the budget, but I don't beleive any others are set to be purchased for a bit. It was purchased to bassically replace the hummer. Because of how little use the vehicles get compared to normal wear and tear, they are rarely replaced or upgraded.

Now I am a tad confused about this, this vehicle will NOT be in 1.7 right? and if I am wrong then woopee!

No it will not be included in the game since there was just one in service and it had very poor reviews from the EMS Captains assigned to it. The dept has decided to replace the crown vics with hand-me-down chief's SUV's when the time comes.

Mike, who is trained as divers in the LAFD. Are USAR guys trained as divers? Or are the guys on the swift water rescue trained divers?

The LAFD has 8 divers on duty each shift and they are assigned to the Fire Boats at the Port of Los Angeles. Boats 1, 3 and 5 have 2 on board each shift, and Boats 2 and 4 have one each if memory serves me correctly. It's a completely separate qualification and skill rating then the USAR and SWR guys.

The LAFD has 8 divers on duty each shift and they are assigned to the Fire Boats at the Port of Los Angeles. Boats 1, 3 and 5 have 2 on board each shift, and Boats 2 and 4 have one each if memory serves me correctly. It's a completely separate qualification and skill rating then the USAR and SWR guys.

Well, that must get boring, since there aren't a lot of boat calls, right?

Well, that must get boring, since there aren't a lot of boat calls, right?

While we've been very lucky to have not had a significant fire in the Port of Los Angeles in recent years, it is more due to the dilligence and efforts of the Firefighters who staff the boats and stations. The men and women assigned to the boats are probably the most active and busy firefighters in the entire department due to their numerous patrols, inspections, training, and assisting Law Enforcement and Homeland Security. Add to that the number of medical aid calls, false alarms, a rescue here or there, disabled boats, and a plethora of other issues, and you find that there is a reason the department felt it needed 5 boats, not just 1 or two.

Does USAR carry hose?

No, nor does it in the next version of the mod. It will be outfitted the same as the truck co. with the addition of the jump bags. If the manual says otherwise, it was a small error thats long been since corrected. Remember, the manual was just a treat Hoppah decided to give to people even in its very rough form.

How are fireboats in LA staffed? For example, what would I put on the rescue boat ingame to be as realistic as possible? Also, how are LAPD helicopters staffed? There's at least a pilot and maybe a copilot but how many cops does it usually carry (if any)?

I'm just guessing but I dont think the LAPD helicopter would land and 4 cops would jump out to arrest a guy, I think it has the pilot + copilot and im not sure if they have others to use the spotlight but Im guessing they dont have cops on board.

Mike,

I was wondering how many Patrol cars you have patrolling at once? I've found that when I but to many I get a lot of traffic jams and when I put to little there is too much distance between cars. So my question is what is the realistic amount of patrol cars out.

Thanks.

How are fireboats in LA staffed? For example, what would I put on the rescue boat ingame to be as realistic as possible? Also, how are LAPD helicopters staffed? There's at least a pilot and maybe a copilot but how many cops does it usually carry (if any)?
I'm just guessing but I dont think the LAPD helicopter would land and 4 cops would jump out to arrest a guy, I think it has the pilot + copilot and im not sure if they have others to use the spotlight but Im guessing they dont have cops on board.

Zohar is right. With minor exceptions in mind, Police Helicopters are force multipliers in their use as additional eyes and technology, not in their use of delivering officers onto the ground. They are normally staffed with a Pilot and a tactical flight officer, though it's not unheard of for high ranking officers and special duty officers (narcotics, gang, and such) to fly along and gather intelligence for any current operations working in an area.

As for the Boats, staffing on the small ones are 3. 2 are diver trained. With the game being the way it is now, realistic staffing is not necessarily the best way to go. I personally just keep 1 diver, and 2 Medics on board.

Mike,

I was wondering how many Patrol cars you have patrolling at once? I've found that when I but to many I get a lot of traffic jams and when I put to little there is too much distance between cars. So my question is what is the realistic amount of patrol cars out.

Thanks.

I've seen some people put as many as 20 cars out at once which is ridiculous. You have to realize that LAPD has an average response time between 6 and 8 minutes to most emergency calls compared to fire being on scene in under 5 mins for over 90% of their calls. When you look at the size of the map and compare it to an LAPD beat map like this one, you can see how many cars fit in a given area. Van Nuys station covers the areas of "Blythe Street, Lake Balboa, Sepulveda, Sherman Oaks, Valley Glen, Van Nuys, Ventura Business District, and West Van Nuys" which is a good huge chunk of LA, and a busy one at times as well. Personally, I find that 4 patrol cars and 2 motor units are more then adequate coverage, especially with the new entry points. You have the unmarked/SWAT from the NW and Sheriff and CHP from the south east in addition to your patrol units. The motor units are great for calls where all you need is traffic control since they can get in and around traffic and park off to the side and out of the way of the fire apparatus. I still tend to get traffic jams at times, but its rare since usually 2 or more of the units are busy on a call someplace.

In addition to regular beat cars (A Units) , you'll also have a few extras roaming around the area such as traffic division and special assignment units, and if the area has been experiencing a rash of crime or traffic problems, additional units might be focused in that spot. For the size of the game map and such, anything more then 6 units is just plain overkill, and even that can be excessive.

Mike

Hi Hoppah, I noticed an increase of traffic to my website regarding the LA Mod and while I have not played the game, I've noticed quite a bit of mis-information on the various boards regarding units and uses in Los Angeles. If I can be of any assistance to you regarding LAFD/LACoFD protocols and units, as well as codes and terminology please feel free to ask. I've been with Los Angeles County FD since 2004 and work very closely in a mutual aid area with City as well as live in City's jurisdiction. Prior to that I was with the California Dept of Forestry and Fire Protection working throughout the state.

Just looking through the boards and screenshots, your mod looks very impressive. I can see you've taken a alot of time and care with it and if I can help in any way, just let me know.

Mike

Welcome Mike

I hope you can help me load the new freeplay map by explaining how to do that. I do not have the Deluxe but just EM4/911 First Responders. Just to let you know I'm a former Volunteer member @ Benicia Vlunteer unit In Benicia, Ca in Solono County. Now I live in Ocean View, De.

Download The New Freeplay Map Version 1.1

Download links below the instructions. Read the instructions first!!! I made them with a reason.

Installation Instructions:

1. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_Floor.zip file. (25mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder. (I Couldn't Find that Folder)

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

Now you should have in your mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps the following file: newfreeplay.eft

(So you don't have to rename it!)

4. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_deluxe.zip OR New_Freeplay_normal.zip file. (Depending on you version of em4)

5. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

6. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

COSRES

Welcome Mike

I hope you can help me load the new freeplay map by explaining how to do that. I do not have the Deluxe but just EM4/911 First Responders. Just to let you know I'm a former Volunteer member @ Benicia Vlunteer unit In Benicia, Ca in Solono County. Now I live in Ocean View, De.

Download The New Freeplay Map Version 1.1

Download links below the instructions. Read the instructions first!!! I made them with a reason.

Installation Instructions:

1. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_Floor.zip file. (25mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder. (I Couldn't Find that Folder)

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

Now you should have in your mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps the following file: newfreeplay.eft

(So you don't have to rename it!)

4. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_deluxe.zip OR New_Freeplay_normal.zip file. (Depending on you version of em4)

5. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

6. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

COSRES

Why the .... are u welcoming Mike? and asking him how to install the new freeplay map?

Why the .... are u welcoming Mike? and asking him how to install the new freeplay map?

Maybe you can but a way I can understand if U don't mind. Read what I asked him and see the red type as I could not find that file. I didn't mean to skip over you as i'm having no luck getting any progress. Please help me wOOd....

Thanks

COSRES