MikesPhotos

Offering my assistance.

Check out this from the LAFD website. The areas where there are a lack of stations are either mountain ranges or not city. How would an ambulance bassically making right turns every few intersections around and around and around a fire station help response times at all?

Thats a bit harsh when educating people. Excuse me for not being familiar with the geographic location of every station in LA.

Whats the usual first due response for a structure fire in terms of trucks? A lightforce and an extra engine for example?

Thats a bit harsh when educating people. Excuse me for not being familiar with the geographic location of every station in LA.

To take a page from MikeyPI's handbook, if you don't like the answers, don't ask the questions. I'm not your mother, your kindergarten teacher, your professor, or your counselor. I don't get paid, and I'm not here to make friends or coddle you.

A question was asked, and an informed answer was given. I didn't curse, I didn't belittle, nor did I avoid the question with a smart ass reply like "Duh!" If you can't handle blunt answers when i'm answering 4 pages of questions, well, no one says you have to ask, nor read.

Whats the usual first due response for a structure fire in terms of trucks? A lightforce and an extra engine for example?

Depends on the type of structure, basic single fam dwelling residential:

4 Companies including the nearest light force.

- (can be 2 engines, 2 lfs, 1 engine, 3 lfs, 4 lfs, 3 engines, 1 lf depending on availability, typically 3E & 1 LF or 1 TF and 2E)

2 LAFD Rescue Ambulances

- 1 PM 1 800 usually

1 EMS Battalion Captain (medical unit leader)

1 Battalion Chief Officer Command Team (bc and his staff assistant).

Additional units are requested as needed by their designation, not by "alarms"

To take a page from MikeyPI's handbook, if you don't like the answers, don't ask the questions. I'm not your mother, your kindergarten teacher, your professor, or your counselor. I don't get paid, and I'm not here to make friends or coddle you.

A question was asked, and an informed answer was given. I didn't curse, I didn't belittle, nor did I avoid the question with a smart ass reply like "Duh!" If you can't handle blunt answers when i'm answering 4 pages of questions, well, no one says you have to ask, nor read.

You could say thats a page out of my handbook as well. Sounds like a quote out of some of my posts.

Seemed smart ass considering the context; Surely you know the old saying, Its not what you say but how. For example,

Smart:

How would an ambulance bassically making right turns every few intersections around and around and around a fire station help response times at all?

Blunt:

An ambulance bassically making right turns every few intersections around and around and around a fire station would not help response times at all.

Thanks none the less.

GerardTill asked whether or not LAFD Engine 60 was totaled during the sink hole incident

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafd/3903041582/

Last time I heard anything about it, it was still being decided. The guys at the shops have done some amazing recoveries, including 1 engine that was completely burned over and 1 that rolled over after being struck by a drunk driver, but I have a feeling this will be a complete loss.

What type make/model of handhelds are most common for emergency services in LA? What system type are you guys using?

There are 88 cities in Los Angeles County with over 65% of the county unincorporated. The answers to both questions can be easily found by googling and checking http://radioreference.com/

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I want to built a TECH station. I'm using the training mission 2 building to store 2 vehicles and props. Outside will be a bulldozer. How do I do all the scripts and whatnot so that they can spawn and go to the scene and come back to the station? If you don't get what I mean here's some pics:

post-7292-1264538498_thumb.jpg (#1, Outside)

post-7292-1264538508_thumb.jpg (#2, Inside)

I don't know, but I am using LA MOD to make the station, so technically I should be allowed to ask.