MikesPhotos

Offering my assistance.

Mike, we have AMR as our one and only Ambulance service here. We have a combination of the vintage style ambulances and the newer box styles. A number of both styles are labeled, Paramedic Unit while the rest are not. I havent gotten a chance to ask any of the local medics is this is to show ALS vs BLS, but we don't have any of the Critical Care Transport units. Are these reserved for hospital to hospital transport, or is this an indication as to weather its a BLS or ALS?

Also, just wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to assist all of us here, and educate us for the sake of keeping the mod realistic and our own personnel curiosity. THANKS!

Mike, we have AMR as our one and only Ambulance service here. We have a combination of the vintage style ambulances and the newer box styles. A number of both styles are labeled, Paramedic Unit while the rest are not. I havent gotten a chance to ask any of the local medics is this is to show ALS vs BLS, but we don't have any of the Critical Care Transport units. Are these reserved for hospital to hospital transport, or is this an indication as to weather its a BLS or ALS?

Also, just wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to assist all of us here, and educate us for the sake of keeping the mod realistic and our own personnel curiosity. THANKS!

You're welcome, like my sig alludes to, nothing bugs me more then misinformation, so if I can at least clear up some of the crap spouted by some, I can at least hope it'll promote people to think more, research more, and speak less about things they really don't know about. It'll be a good lesson when many of the members of this board reach high school and college.

As for your questions, I'm going to assume they have to do with the Submod being worked on. I haven't said anything in the other thread, cause much like RHIS's stuff, the authors have not mentioned one way or another if they care to be factual or realistic or if they're just doing it for the sake of doing it.

In reference to your questions though, AMR utilizes the van style for both BLS and ALS units in the Los Angeles and Ventura County areas.

Ventura Co ALS transport unit

3366624425_3cb74ed5a7.jpg

LA County BLS Transport unit

3530785392_5e9517bf68.jpg

Cedars Sinai Hospital Parking w/mix of Critical Care and BLS units

3394160733_e4154de540.jpg

AMR Los Angeles CCT

Expo-AMR-001.jpg

The Critical Care Transports are for emergency or non-emergency inter-facility transport. This could be from a long term care facility to a hospital or vice versa, Hospital to another hospital with specialized equipment, or some kind of transport of that nature. They are larger then a normal box style ambulance and carry most of the gear that you would find in an ICU. They are staffed by a mix of EMT's and Paramedics, but always accompanied by either a Critical Care nurse or Respiratory Technician to perform the necessary duties outside the scope of EMT's and Paramedics. When I went through the LA EMT course, 2 of my rotations were with AMR CCT's and it's s completely different environment from a regular ambulance.

For the most part the bread and butter of AMR in Los Angeles are the IFTs (inter facility transports) due to the large number of hospitals, senior citizen facilities, and long term care homes in the Greater Los Angeles Area. For a long time,

AMR had a lock on the LACoFD BLS transport, but due to poor quality of service and lengthy response times, the contract was broken up and they were relegated to a sliver of the area they once covered for the County. They do not respond with LAFD or into LA City for emergency calls, since LAFD has its own BLS and ALS ambulances to take care of that need.

Mike

For the most part the bread and butter of AMR in Los Angeles are the IFTs (inter facility transports) due to the large number of hospitals, senior citizen facilities, and long term care homes in the Greater Los Angeles Area. For a long time,

AMR had a lock on the LACoFD BLS transport, but due to poor quality of service and lengthy response times, the contract was broken up and they were relegated to a sliver of the area they once covered for the County. They do not respond with LAFD or into LA City for emergency calls, since LAFD has its own BLS and ALS ambulances to take care of that need.

Mike

Poor quality came from the top, not the employees, that's for sure. There's nothing like responding from Montebello to Hawaiian Gardens for a pediatric status epilepticus that they couldn't control with valium. Then everyone shoots us a dirty look for being "late".

One thing I gotta say is that I remember responding into The City for prehospital calls by request of LAFD while I was with AMR. It wasn't very rare, either. It was always a non-emergency response for either a frequent flyer they did not want to transport, or a BLS patient that was requesting a hospital either out of the area or on the other side of the city. Depending on how you look at it, you could say it was a prehospital call, or a BLS transfer from residence to an outpatient facility (ER) :)

There are also the MCI responses (i.e. Santa Monica MCI) or an occasional Strike Team during a fire. While it's EXTREMELY rare to see a private company on anything other than a transfer in the city of LA, there are times they're utilized and I can see why it'd be a good addition to the game.

Ah I thought the CCTs looked a bit longer, but i thought it was just the angle you were at or something of that nature. I suppose there not needed as much here. We have three hospitals and there all 3 located with easy aces to the expressway so transport time from one side of town to another wouldnt be more then 15 minuets.

Ah I thought the CCTs looked a bit longer, but i thought it was just the angle you were at or something of that nature. I suppose there not needed as much here. We have three hospitals and there all 3 located with easy aces to the expressway so transport time from one side of town to another wouldnt be more then 15 minuets.

Critical care transport units with nurses and larger ems units are not a nation-wide thing. LA County's EMS protocols are very detailed and somewhat strict as far as what paramedics can and cannot do. Hence, any procedure or medication that is outside the paramedic protocols are (for the most part) prohibited. RNs do not fall under these protocols. So if a patient is on a medication drip that falls outside the protocols, for example, a heparin drip and integrelin drip, and needs to be transported to a different hospital in LA, then a paramedic cannot monitor this patient and it requires a nurse.

In other areas of the country, paramedics may be trained as "critical care paramedics" and have very similar training to what an RN learns in the ICU setting. These EMS services don't require a nurse during those critical transports, and they'll use whatever ambulance they are in for the shift to accomplish the critical care transport. I assume that is what is done in your area of the country.

I hope that made sense.

In other areas of the country, paramedics may be trained as "critical care paramedics" and have very similar training to what an RN learns in the ICU setting. These EMS services don't require a nurse during those critical transports, and they'll use whatever ambulance they are in for the shift to accomplish the critical care transport. I assume that is what is done in your area of the country.

I hope that made sense.

this is also similar in my area of indiana. The paramedics at my ambulance service are all trained as critical care paramedics so as to save money by not needing a ICU nurse on alot of the critical hospital transfers. Which would get very expensive since I live in a rural area and anything serious has to be flown out or takin to Indianapolis code 3 in a critical care truck.

Guest Taylor

It might be under regular city stuff.. and not PD. It's like that in my area. SO doesn't deal with animals, they will just stay on scene and wait for AC

just make a Humane Society truck. they deal with that kind of crap

Animal Control and Humane Society arent the same thing. Plus theres many different models of Animal Controls trucks out there. I tried to find an AC truck from Evansville on google and had no such luck. There were similar ones, but none with the exact same body.

Mike do you have any pictures of animal control, I want to release a sub mod for rabid dog callouts.

I do indeed. LA City Dept of Animal Regulation can be found here for now.

Mind you, in the city of Los Angeles, proper procedure for animal attack in progress is to respond the closest available PD unit, a full EMS response (Nearest BLS and ALS resource), and notify Animal Regulations. If the animal is attacking when the officers get there, they'll put it down immediately like you see in the game. If the animal is under control or locked up by owner, a report will be taken and the animal will be taken into custody by Dept of Animal Regulations. Remember, they don't have red lights and sirens so Animal Regs usually has a pretty long ETA to any incident, that's why PD responds to all attacks in progress and handles it as you would in the game. Animal regs would just be the one to scoop up the pup afterwards.

just make a Humane Society truck. they deal with that kind of crap

Sometimes I really have to wonder if you post everywhere just to pad your count. The Humane Society deals with adoptions and animal rescue shelters. They are a completely separate group that has no connection or relevance to the Dept of Animal Regulations or handling an attack in progress. They're the ones to call if you'd like a new puppy though. Just to give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you meant the SPCA? While they do have Law Enforcement powers, they are only an investigatory body into animal abuse and cruelty, once again, not vicious animal attacks like that found in the game.

Is there any particular reason that the LAFD Ambulances are referred to as Rescue Ambulances?

It is a throwback term that harkins back to the early days of "Rescue Companies" in the LAFD that eventually became the rescue ambulances of today. it also has a modern purpose to distinguish Rescue Ambulances, which carry firefighters with full turnouts, SCBA's and personal tools such as axes, from Private ambulances which are staffed with members with no Firefighting safety gear or training.

Thanks as usual mike. How long does it take to train to be a ff, and how does that break down as far as class room time and time spent in a training facility running practice missions?

Every department and state is different, I can only comment on the ones I'm familiar with.

Must pass background check, entry test (math, reading, basic educational test), CPAT test, then get accepted to the acad:

LACoFD Tower

21 weeks, 55hrs a week (for the non EMT weeks) -

10 weeks: "Combat Training" - your basic skills such as knot tying, wearing the SCBA, lots of weight lifting running and hours in the class room. There really is no way to break it down since each skill requires a different amount of book work vs practical.

6 weeks: Advanced training - More into drilling on actual firefighter tactics such as extrication, tool use, search and rescue, ventilation and rapelling

5 Weeks: EMT class, everyone must pass.

Probation at 2 stations, usually 1 truck 1 engine for a year.

CDF: (has changed a bit recently so I had to look this one up)

▪▪ Firefighter I Basic (67 hours) Training (seasonal firefighter)

▪▪ Firefighter I Advanced (100 hour) Training

Firefighter II (entry level)

All Firefighter I Requirements and:

▪▪ Basic Fire Control – Firefighter Academy

--610 hrs Training

CDF is more geared towards On the Job Training, they give you the basics in the academy, but because the state is so large and so diverse, they leave it up to the individual administrative units to offer job enhancement and further training.

In addition to all of that, many of us will go through Medic School, take numerous ICS classes, and will get their 2 or 4 yea Fire Science degree from an accredited college like UCLA.

Hmmm I might change the cabin in that case. Thanks for the info :12:

That's a Whelen Edge lightbar right?

Hi hoppah and mikesphotos

if you change the cab you can use my model if you want, ( i can send you it in .z3d)

I can also make a submod of it when you released v1.9 ;)

oftopic: what station are you stationed mike?

:huh: quick question, Hoppah are you going to include the "light equipment vehicle" like in 1.8 for 1.9?

because LA City doesn't use those, LA County does and they're staffed with paramedics only...

^mike, am I right?^

I would doubt it. It will still be available as a sub mod I am guessing.

Oh yeah on Animial Regs, Are the officers regular LAPD unies or are they completly different?

I highly doubt there LAPD uniformed officers. They are a branch of LEOs but with limited power I believe.