MikesPhotos

Offering my assistance.

To dumb that down even farther so people in Bulgaria, Africa, or 12 year old boys in England who play this game can understand it, you end up with Nearest ALS and ambulance for transport.

Mike

I know it frustrating when ppl ask the same questions and stuff over again,and ask for everything to be easy,but

not wanting to sound rude or anything,but aint the comment you put here kinda racist?

I know it frustrating when ppl ask the same questions and stuff over again,and ask for everything to be easy,but

not wanting to sound rude or anything,but aint the comment you put here kinda racist?

Not at all. The point of the mod is to make the game accessible to those in all areas of the world, West and East, North and South, regardless of language or skill level or understanding of the Los Angeles Fire and EMS and Law Enforcement system. Be they a child in London, or a Paramedic from africa, or someone from eastern europe who might have a poor grasp of the english language or our concepts of emergency response. By keeping things simple, providing tooltips on each response, and issuing a manual that explains the concepts, the people who created the LA Mod want EVERYONE to be able to use it and enjoy it throughout the world. How you took anything racist from that, I have no idea.

Maybe i could be mis reading that comment,i dont know,but you could have said any for anyone that did not understand the above,you end up with Nearest ALS and ambulance for transport.

Rather than pick out certain groups of people..... :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

To know what to send to an incident is a learning curve in my opinion,my decisions are based on what the incident involves....and as it a game,if you do mess up it not gonna be a huge issue,no game can ever be completely realistic,ok i've rambled on enuff,if i have upset anyone with my comments im truly sorry,peace to you all

If there was an Officer Down, or Firefighter Down...what happens next after someone alerts that code? Is a certain officer or group being dispatched? Sorry for not being clear enough..

Officer down would get just about every single available LAPD and nearby LEO in the area, plus an EMS response from LAFD with an EMS captain and usually a BC added.

For firefighter down, please read this link for LAFD's RIC policies

Mike,

Has LAFD received any new ambulances with the new Ford chasis? (E-350 or E-450 I beleive) If they have can we expect the new look ambulances to make an appearance in the LA Mod?

They've just started to receive some of the new ones with the more subdued chevrons and LED lights. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but going off memory, I believe the department is only getting 35 or less of the new rigs, which in the grand scheme, is a very small percentage. As for in game, that's a question for someone else.

Does LAPD have any pickup trucks?

Yes, many of them. Now the real question is, are you asking if they have any pickup trucks that patrol streets? No. Venice Beach alone has a couple of trucks with lights and sirens but they're the only ones. They also have special duty trucks assigned to the Bomb Squad, Dive Squad, and even ones with large speakers on them for evacuations and riots/demonstrations. As far as the game would be concerned, having a truck just for that one little strip of beach on the maps is a bit silly for all of the work that goes into scripting and creating a vehicle.

Mike

Do the LAPD use Corner Strobes?

Look at the head lights.

*Points to the SEARCH button which is your friend...

It will direct you to this post with the following quote:

The LAPD does not flash the rear brake lights or reverse lights, nor do they have strobes in them or the corners. The only additional lighting is a wig wag head light flasher, sometimes mult-pattern, and 2 "a" pillar mounted spot lights.

While a lot has changed since that was written way back in march, they are still not deploying corner lights except for a few test units.

I'll be updating that post probably around feb when the new purchases start to be finalized.

Why are they not using them? Safety risk?

Because they don't want to? More then likely its an issue of budget and maintenance. Every little blinky light you put on a vehicle has to be purchased and maintained. The less you purchase, the less you have to maintain, and as there hasn't been a real issue with visibility problems or code 3 crashes, they probably feel that what they have is working well.

I have a question regarding RA102. I've seen conflicting photos of this rig. I've seen RA102 in two different paint schemes, red box and red over white box. Is RA102 currently the red over white box or all red box?

The photos

Red box

Red over white

The white boxes are the older style and are technically reserves. But even with the recent purchases over the last few years, the ambulances get so much wear and tear on them that many stations are still using the old ones more often then not. 102s was in the white box for about 4 to 6 months this year, and 84s hasn't been able to keep a red box for more then a few weeks at a time for whatever reason.

Unlike reserve engines which almost never see the light of day unless there is a big brush fire, you'd be had pressed to drive around a battalion and not find a couple of whites still in use full time while waiting for new rigs or repaired ones.

Because they don't want to? More then likely its an issue of budget and maintenance. Every little blinky light you put on a vehicle has to be purchased and maintained. The less you purchase, the less you have to maintain, and as there hasn't been a real issue with visibility problems or code 3 crashes, they probably feel that what they have is working well.

Wasn't thaere a problem with the sirens in the late 60s and through the 70s where when on more then one occasion There were Code 3 cashes where the sirens were too loud or something? I'm working on a new mod for the 60-70s (For Emergency, S.W.A.T. and Adam-120

Is there a RA 802 in the LAFD?

No

Wasn't thaere a problem with the sirens in the late 60s and through the 70s where when on more then one occasion There were Code 3 cashes where the sirens were too loud or something? I'm working on a new mod for the 60-70s (For Emergency, S.W.A.T. and Adam-120

No idea. I didn't wear my first badge until 1994.

When I look at the "website" of each LAFD station, it lists the station number and what community it serves. Is each "community" a different city than LA? For example is Sherman Oaks it's own city or is it a neighborhood within the city of LA?

Also, what is the typical staffing of the foam tenders and HAZMAT squads?

When I look at the "website" of each LAFD station, it lists the station number and what community it serves. Is each "community" a different city than LA? For example is Sherman Oaks it's own city or is it a neighborhood within the city of LA?

You know how New York is separated into burrows like the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, etc....same concept. Sherman Oaks, Echo Park, Hyde Park, etc are all parts of Los Angeles City.