MikesPhotos

Offering my assistance.

sorry to be asking a lot but do you have pictures of some jails around LA. either LAPD or LASD?

- Jon

LAPD just has holding cells within their stations, the jails are run by the sheriff's department. I dont shoot facilities, and rarely go downtown, but you can find all you can ever want to know by googling LA Twin Towers or visiting the sheriff's custody webpage and clicking on the various detention centers

Do Transit Cops have same authority as regular beat cops?

There are Transit security officers who handle a very small portion of the light rail system, and the LASD has the contract for all of the buses and the entire mass transit system in LA County and LA City, including that covered by the security officers. The Security officers are simply PC832 private security guards. The deputies assigned to the Metro-Transit authority are all regular and reserve deputies that are the same as you'll find in East LA or Malibu or any where else.

Does the LAPD/LASD have some sort of a Cadet/Explorer Program? I do know that the LAFD has an explorer Program designed for Teenagers to experience whats firefighting is all about...

And do the CHP have any k9 officers?

Does the LAPD/LASD have some sort of a Cadet/Explorer Program? I do know that the LAFD has an explorer Program designed for Teenagers to experience whats firefighting is all about...

And do the CHP have any k9 officers?

google is your friend you know :)

LASD , LAPD , and yes they do, just not in every area, CHP K9

--- On other unrelated news..... My $5000 camera broke today at a brush fire in LAFD 88's area! I'll be taking it down to Canon tommorow, but still super pissed. Hey, it lasted 5 years, 5 very nasty fire seasons, and it'll only be 200 bucks to fix, but still.

:( what happend to it

One of the shutter blades stuck down, so all the pics I shot have a black stripe across it. Great fire too, got to put in a ton of leg work and it was fun working a city fire again. at least 10 to 15 LAFD engines, 2 brush patrols, dozer team wasnt used but was on scene, 1 Light force, couple of ambo's, LA GSD, Park Rangers, Arson, CHP, 1 LACoFD fire hawk, and 2 LACoFD Camp crews (which is why I was there)

One thing of note, LA GSD PD has 2 chargers, and have rejected them outright. They'll be sticking with their SUV's. The chargers are just getting no love out here in the west coast.

what dose the camp crew do? anyway that sucks

Hand crews are one of the most intrinsic parts of wildland firefighting. Their job is to march in to the fire and remove all of the brush down to base dirt level and build a line to stop the forward progression. Once that is done, they then go in and mop up the fire, dig out the hot spots and do all the grunt work utilizing hand tools and chainsaws. Type I crews are main body, and go direct attack on the fire. Type II crews, usually made of 18 yos going through the wildland firefighting program at an acadamy or college are solely for mop up and cannot work around active flames.

The forest service crews are primarily Hot Shot (T1) and acad/college crews (T2). California Dept Of Forestry crews are all non-violent felon inmate's assigned to Cal. Dept of Corrections camps which gives those men and women a 2nd chance, a great skill, teaches them discipline and allows to to really do a great thing while limiting costs to the state. LACoFD, being the designated contract agency for State Responsibility Area land in the county of Los Angeles runs their own camp program with multiple camps through out the county. Some are inmate crews, others are staffed by Fire Suppression Aids. FSA's are usually 18-25yos who have completed a wildland program/academy and its a good way to get a foot in the door of LACoFD and eventually being hired as a firefighter. LAFD has 1 type II crew made of explorers as a way to give the kids a little experience in a safe environment, but because it's run by an on-duty FF, they only respond when he isnt already assigned to the incident.

LACoFD FSA Camp Crew and Crew Bus

3386796292_3c5cea16e7.jpg

3736242882_0316b5a32f.jpg

Hey MikesPhotos,

You have any idea what year/model my new LAFD truck might be? It's for the manual for v1.9? :blush:

I used this picture for the cabin: click. I am not even sure if the one on that picture exists, because it looks kinda fake. I liked the cabin because it matches the other fire apparatus in the LA Mod better. :)

Hey MikesPhotos,

You have any idea what year/model my new LAFD truck might be? It's for the manual for v1.9? :blush:

I used this picture for the cabin: click. I am not even sure if the one on that picture exists, because it looks kinda fake. I liked the cabin because it matches the other fire apparatus in the LA Mod better. :)

Truck 11 is one of the really old ones actually. It's a 1996 Simon-LTI (ladder towers Inc) QS-104 100' Aerial Ladder Truck Cummins Diesel.

They recently purchased a pretty good handful of 2006 ALF-LTI's to start knocking most of the 10+ year old trucks out. Here's the cab of Truck 90, one of the newest deliveries.

3384058253_381c917e23.jpg

3384871312_027aa4bac8.jpg

3384869156_d6d6379055.jpg

And Truck 9, the famous Skid Row truck from the only Heavy Task Force station in the city

3354969850_2876830e4b.jpg

3354872092_e32c8f6359.jpg

Hmmm I might change the cabin in that case. Thanks for the info :12:

That's a Whelen Edge lightbar right?

hoppah if your gonna make a new ALF tractor, why not keep the older style as well (since its already done) and just have it a different unit number.

not a suguestion, just a question.... kinda lol

hoppah if your gonna make a new ALF tractor, why not keep the older style as well (since its already done) and just have it a different unit number.

not a suguestion, just a question.... kinda lol

It only requires a couple of minor changes. The shape of the cab, the grille and the lightbar. The scripts are way too extensive for two tillers with these small changes.

edit: I might as well keep the current lightbar. What do you think?

Hmmm I might change the cabin in that case. Thanks for the info :12:

That's a Whelen Edge lightbar right?

Yep, Whelen LED Edge bar on the top, which has been called a huge mistake by nearly everyone. They're hoping the next order will go back to halogen since the LED's are almost invisible in California sun. I'll head out to 102's or 90's in the next couple of days and get you some video of the lights if I can. The rear is a whelen strobe with center brake light, and there are a couple of side LEDs that are set to slow or quad flash depending on who set up the lights that day.

If you go to my flickr site, you can get a pretty good walk around and it should be faster for those in europe. Just search for LAFD T9, LAFD T90 or LAFD T102.