Jump to content
itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

Release update without helicopters and civilian cars?  

64 members have voted

  1. 1. Release update without helicopters and civilian cars?

    • Yes I want the mod as soon as possible
      25
    • No I can wait for all the new content
      39


Recommended Posts

Here's the "mystery ambulance" that we've narrowed down to being a 1993 model.
1124046865_Em4Deluxe2021-05-0711-11-18-16.thumb.png.dfdc24348749f05dd77237dcbde3fd6b.png
Ambulance box model and texture by Hoppah.
Econoline cutaway model by MikeyPI.
MX7000 lightbar made by MikeyPIand Hoppah.

  • Like 14
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2021 at 5:19 AM, itchboy said:

Here's the "mystery ambulance" that we've narrowed down to being a 1993 model.
1124046865_Em4Deluxe2021-05-0711-11-18-16.thumb.png.dfdc24348749f05dd77237dcbde3fd6b.png
Ambulance box model and texture by Hoppah.
Econoline cutaway model by MikeyPI.
MX7000 lightbar made by MikeyPIand Hoppah.

Unique! I like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 new additions to the family.
LAPD SWAT van, and another coroner's van variation. All work on these two are by me.Em4Deluxe 2021-05-14 20-41-45-42.png

I also got another those other Dodge Vans made. They will be appearing in civilian form.unknown.png

  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For a long time, I said I would not do the out of spec sheriff units that had unusual lightbars or other ELS. My reason given was the lack of information about them.

Today, somebody has provided me with the reference photos that enabled me to create these units. I couldn't let those pictures go to waste.
1593531301_Em4Deluxe2021-05-1521-48-25-05.thumb.png.943deda48f1c512689d117fb16fbf5c1.pngLightbars by rihis and EmC-Unit.

  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, itchboy said:

Here's something big coming to the mod. I got this working just now and it's still a bit rough, but it is coming along nicely. 

Very cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if these are are of any use, but I found these old LA Park Police (Pre-LA County Police) cruisers that I had downloaded onto an old computer from a defunct website and figured I'd share

 

lappd6.jpg.e2a1e8b3654213eee5fd94c67add2e14.jpglappd2.jpg.57565a2e6bba90f228fccbf85033a933.jpg

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AgentSmith6 said:

Not sure if these are are of any use, but I found these old LA Park Police (Pre-LA County Police) cruisers that I had downloaded onto an old computer from a defunct website and figured I'd share

These are nice. Keep sharing what you can.

Sadly I probably wont make any of the "secondary" agencies like housing PD, MTA police or county police because they'd serve no purpose to the game.

Hopefully somebody else can make those skins as an addon pack. I'd be okay with people making addon packs for the submod as long as they send it to me first to assure quality before we include it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, itchboy said:

These are nice. Keep sharing what you can.

Sadly I probably wont make any of the "secondary" agencies like housing PD, MTA police or county police because they'd serve no purpose to the game.

Hopefully somebody else can make those skins as an addon pack. I'd be okay with people making addon packs for the submod as long as they send it to me first to assure quality before we include it.

Thanks for the ideas lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if you were aware of it already but here is a site with excelent retro LASD pictures, mostly 60s-80s stuff with some 90s sprinkled in but maybe it could help.
https://lasdretired.org/photo-album/stations-historical-photos/
https://lasdretired.org/photo-album/172201/

some examples below, note the Gran Fury with unusual lightbar and door mounted speed radar:

Deputy-Bruce-Jackson-Carson-Station.jpg

Carson-Asians-2.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 11john11x said:

I'm not sure if you were aware of it already but here is a site with excelent retro LASD pictures, mostly 60s-80s stuff with some 90s sprinkled in but maybe it could help.
https://lasdretired.org/photo-album/stations-historical-photos/
https://lasdretired.org/photo-album/172201/

some examples below, note the Gran Fury with unusual lightbar and door mounted speed radar:

Deputy-Bruce-Jackson-Carson-Station.jpg

Carson-Asians-2.jpg

Oooh Lookie there. Hello John, Those look amazing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 11john11x said:

I'm not sure if you were aware of it already but here is a site with excelent retro LASD pictures, mostly 60s-80s stuff with some 90s sprinkled in but maybe it could help.
https://lasdretired.org/photo-album/stations-historical-photos/
https://lasdretired.org/photo-album/172201/

some examples below, note the Gran Fury with unusual lightbar and door mounted speed radar:

Thank you for these photos, they're very helpful.

By any chance do you know what LASD ran between 1974-1978? Specifically what they had before the Novas? Seems that nobody has found info on that yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, itchboy said:

Thank you for these photos, they're very helpful.

By any chance do you know what LASD ran between 1974-1978? Specifically what they had before the Novas? Seems that nobody has found info on that yet.

I know at least that they used the Plymouth Satellite and AMC Matador in 1973 because they had both models in Gone in 60 Seconds which was from 1974. Since the Matador and Satellite both had '74 production models and the Matador ran until 1978 it's reasonable to infer they used those two cars during these years.

 

Spoiler

i390672.jpgi390671.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, paleocacher said:

I know at least that they used the Plymouth Satellite and AMC Matador in 1973 because they had both models in Gone in 60 Seconds which was from 1974. Since the Matador and Satellite both had '74 production models and the Matador ran until 1978 it's reasonable to infer they used those two cars during these years.

Thanks for this. I'll do some asking around outside of EmP to confirm.

This one's a bit random, but I've got another civilian vehicle on the way.

unknown.png
unknown.png

I was also in the process of doing helicopters but due to some technical issues, those will be delayed for quite a bit.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, itchboy said:

Thanks for this. I'll do some asking around outside of EmP to confirm.

This one's a bit random, but I've got another civilian vehicle on the way.

unknown.png
unknown.png

I was also in the process of doing helicopters but due to some technical issues, those will be delayed for quite a bit.

Interesting

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, paleocacher said:

I know at least that they used the Plymouth Satellite and AMC Matador in 1973 because they had both models in Gone in 60 Seconds which was from 1974. Since the Matador and Satellite both had '74 production models and the Matador ran until 1978 it's reasonable to infer they used those two cars during these years.

 

  Hide contents

i390672.jpgi390671.jpg

 

This is probably the best source as the "Gone in 60 Seconds" movie either used actual police officers and some of the police cars were purchased at auction as opposed to making them from scratch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...