Ami89E1234

Weather

Dark black clouds in the sky non-stop. Although it was sunny this afternoon :1046275747_biggthumpup:

For the last week (or couple of days) it has been apparently raining extremly hard in England and Wales. We got some rain, but nothing too bad, so it's allllllll goooood :smoke:

Oh yeah, a couple of weeks ago (most likely longer), there was ehavy rain non-stop here. But because of the geographical landscape where I am, my village was perched on a hill, so we didn't get flooded. However, the next village along is lower down - and got flooded. Also, the burn that runs through our village goes into theirs...it bursts it's banks and caused more flooding :P:D

The firebrigade was out non stop responding to calls during this period aswell. The village also got mentioned as one of the worst places hit by the floods in a national newspaper. I thought it was funny, considering that almost everyone I hate lives there (and it's a village made up of council houses, the kind that have junk in the front gardens, the teenagers go out binge drinking etc).

Oh yeah, a couple of weeks ago (most likely longer), there was ehavy rain non-stop here. But because of the geographical landscape where I am, my village was perched on a hill, so we didn't get flooded. However, the next village along is lower down - and got flooded. Also, the burn that runs through our village goes into theirs...it bursts it's banks and caused more flooding :P:D

lol, but wtfs a 'burn'?

The firebrigade was out non stop responding to calls during this period aswell. The village also got mentioned as one of the worst places hit by the floods in a national newspaper. I thought it was funny, considering that almost everyone I hate lives there (and it's a village made up of council houses, the kind that have junk in the front gardens, the teenagers go out binge drinking etc).

lol

hehehe, when i got up from watching the Planet of the Apes marathon :P (which is still going on) on FMC i saw that it SNOWED during the night. first snow of the year, baby! :xmas: then i woke my mom up and found that the snow is the good kind, perfect for construction of things like snowballs and not that powdery sh*t we usually get

Right now its kinda grey skys in the niagara peninsula...but its not too bad :)

We had it all yesterday: sun shine, rain, snow, hail. Luckely there were no accidents and when we had to respond to a car fire the rain had stopped. Was a really cool fire by the way: a piece of metal started burning when we put it out with water it gave a lot of pretty sparks.

Today it's dry and the sun is shining. But it's a bit cold though.

AWESOME!!!

It's unbelieveably cold, and throughout december, it's (apparently) been snowing all over the UK!!!!

Except here!!!! :1046276372_bawling:

All there is is very ice pathways and roads. Conviently I live on a hill and have to go down a couple of steep-ish slopes to reach the bus stop... And it's sooooo cold :(

lol still can get up to mid 50s (ºF) here. the weather's supposed to get nasty next week, with a chance of freezing rain/sleet mixture on monday or tuesday. good thing is: our district is more inclined to post a snow day with freezing rain than with snow.

last year we had so many snow days we had to do extra days at the end of the school year (so school was until June 2) :( but this year we can get either up to 3 or more than 7 snow days and we wont have to do extra; there are 3 built in snow days, but the 4,5, and 6 snow days have to be made up, but if we get more than 7, the state of Missouri 'forgives' the days and we dont have to redo them because they 'acknowledge' its been a particularly rough winter.

what i find ironic is that was told to us by our math teacher and in Algebra were learning about crazy-ass inquality equations :s so our snow days can be represented in the inequality: 3 ≤ x or x ≤ 7 and can be graphed :P

Up in Minnesota it is snowing, below zero and really windy.

It was so cold this morning my car alarm went of even though I shut it down. The contactwas frozen, had to wait for it to defrost before the alarm would shut up. Luckely the entire station was already awake, else they'd probably be pretty mad :sorrysign:

right now my area is in storm watch because we have a massive snow storm moving through. We already have like, 10 cm, and today we're getting 15-25 cm, and between tuesday and wednesday we're supposed to get another 10 cm. CRAZY WEATHER haha.

em4freak

hah we have that coming down, but that is like normal for us... We are supposed to get a ft today, and a bit tomorrow... no school closings,, but I didn't go anywhere today, because I didn't have to :P

yea same. except our schools were closed in most areas. My school's buses were cancelled, but the school was still open. but pretty much no one went haha. its been an OK day today...LOTS of shovelling.

lol no snow in Scotland but theres snow in LA? wtf, global warming my ass...

anyway, the little remaining snow here melted cause today was 55ºF when i got to school this morning...colder now i think.

but i dont care CAUSE I HAVE 15 DAYS OF WINTER BREAK!!!!! :D and i have a mixer to help at today too, and my hot gf is there this time :)

lol no snow in Scotland but theres snow in LA? wtf, global warming my ass...

anyway, the little remaining snow here melted cause today was 55ºF when i got to school this morning...colder now i think.

but i dont care CAUSE I HAVE 15 DAYS OF WINTER BREAK!!!!! :D and i have a mixer to help at today too, and my hot gf is there this time :)

I wish the snow melted up here!! I rang bells with the fire dept. for the salvation army in a blizzard!!!! Its freezing.

It is snowing over here in England. Around 6 inches of snow has settled, wherever I walk i cannot see my feet. I will upload some photos soon.

Regards

James

Topics merged by PyroThijs to prevent the start of a second weather topic.

Edited by pyrothijs