Ami89E1234

Weather

Where do you live in Wales? I've been on vacation to a town near Bala a couple of times.

Learn any Welsh while you were there?

Just came back from a driving lesson and saw a car go through a brick wall, which was probably the funniest thing I've seen this year. 20mph zone that hadnt been gritted and the twits in the car must've been doing 30. There was no way they couldn't made it round the corner as you need to go at atleast 10mph. They were ok though, and sadly so was their vauxhall corsa :angry:

(They hit a small wall at about 15mph btw, so it wasnt so bad)

Got school tomorrow, but I'm going to be more concerned about getting to the bus stop. It's already icy outside and it wont improve overnight.

well, this winter is a bit odd for me. Normally, by 17 DEC, we have 4+ feet of snow. Now, we've got, maybe, 4". Maybe lol. And, the temps for tonight are -7C (18F), and right now its -8C (17F)... its thurs, Sat, Sun and Mon are snowy, Tues and Wed cloudy, and Thurs. more snow... Yippee *rolls eys*

For a -6?

It's -16 here. -27 with the chill factor. And trust me, I've seen colder. WAY colder.

British people 101:

Anything below 4 is classed as freezing. :)

But most importantly: The majority of Brits NEVER prepare for different weather than grey skies. Our idea of preparation is to wear what we normally wear then bitch about how cold/wet/hot we are. :P

it is BALLS cold here lol. (actually today was nice and kinda sunny and 45º+? with little wind)

but it has been really cold and probably gonna get colder. hmmm. no snow yet (we had a tiny (thats an overstatement) flurry) but thats it. usually with get maybe 1 or 2 ft of snow with relatively warm temp (10-30ºF). God i love waking up (or staying up :P) from the night and looking out to see EVERYTHING covered in thick, fluffy, untouched snow at like 4 AM and its so still and peaceful.... and everything has this really cool pink glow and its REALLY bright out so i sometimes go out lol

but its nice here. cant wait for Xmas. damn one more week :1046276128_motz:

Yay! last day of school tom!! then 2 weeks of break. Lets see, got my last Final tom which is World History Honors booo. but then i have my learning lab so all we do is watch a movie and then get out at 10:45 AM :D. ha, the middle schoolers still have full days :tongue2:

Schedule this week:

Mon - Full day. mostly review. normal 2:35 release

Tues - all classes shortered. 7th hr final so 90 min Honors Geometry test boo. normal 2:35 release

Wed - German 2 Honors and English I Honors. 10:45 release

Thurs - Biology Honors test. Freshman band which all we did was sightread and get the first song for our Spring/May concert (the French Horn part is HARD lol). 10:45 release

Fri - World History Honors and then a vid in my Learning Lab. 10:45 release and BREAK!!!!

And Mrs. Silvermintz told us what to expect next year in Marching band since we're going to the Rose Bowl. OMG it sounds like a bitch

The coldest I have ever been (and ever will be) was when I jumped in the arctic sea. It was 2oC. Which doesn't sound that cold, but it was!

They even had a doctor with a defibrillator! We were only in the water for a few seconds, we jumped of a iceberg and then were pulled up onto a zodiac.

I even have a certificate titled 'arctic sub-aqua lunatic'! :P But I don't think I will not do it again! Only one word to describe the experience: cold. Especially when all your wearing is swimming trunks.

A bit like this:

George_Kashouh_AntarcticaSwim3-307x268.jpg

Coldest Ive ever been in was at the Bolio Lake Test Complex, in Alaska. Visited with an EX-Army ranger, and visited the Cold Regions Test Center. I was Cold with

3 Long Sleve Shirts

2 Short Seleve Shirts

1 Heavy Wool Coat

4 Layers Of socks

Boots

A Hat

My hood on

And ear muffs

Tempiture:

-52F

From my nearest Airport....

Wind- 330º (WNW) at 10 knots. Gusting to 16 knots

Visibility greater than 10 miles

Few Clouds at 25000 feet

temp-26ºF, Dew point 10ºF, RH 50%

Pressure: 30.29 inHg

In minnesota: 0 F with -30 wind chill bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....