THVFD

River Falls Mod (Fictional) (Private)

Personally, i dont really like the skin on the windows, its supposed to be "on the window' now it looks more like its in front of it. byt models and the rest of the skin looks cool!

i put it on the window bc i dont think it would look to good on the tailgate

I don't like the re skins at all, they look very simple and bad.

There is a lot better way of providing constructive criticism than just saying it's bad.  THVFD and the others members of this mod are working hard to bring you new content.  If you don't like it, that's fine. Also, how is the Ambu skin simple?  And most emergency vehicles are "simple" as you put it,usually one color with a stripe of a contrasting color and some door badges/lettering for identification... So I don't really understand what you mean....

What he means is that there are no details to the skin, it has no shading casted onto it, fender flaring, it looks very simple like someone swatched it with a paintbucket.  With very complex models ya can get away with a basic skin job where there isnt any detail to it, but when it comes to using a lower poly model, the model lacks the accents to the bodywork that you can see so it ends up looking rather flat with a basic skin.

But I do agree, critiques really only work when they are constructive and at least say why you're saying what you say, and explain how they can improve what you opine as being able to go better.  Just saying looks bad, makes you look like a troll.

2009_ford_f-250_super_duty_fx4_supercab_

What he means is that there are no details to the skin, it has no shading casted onto it, fender flaring, it looks very simple like someone swatched it with a paintbucket.  With very complex models ya can get away with a basic skin job where there isnt any detail to it, but when it comes to using a lower poly model, the model lacks the accents to the bodywork that you can see so it ends up looking rather flat with a basic skin.

But I do agree, critiques really only work when they are constructive and at least say why you're saying what you say, and explain how they can improve what you opine as being able to go better.  Just saying looks bad, makes you look like a troll.

Well...I'll admit some of that is my fault. I never really put any contours on the textures or shading parts in any of my models. It was done intentionally so that people using Paint.net could easilly modify the texture. The method has its drawbacks unfortunately.

Thats part of it, the other is how this game renders too, white for example is a tough color to use in it because of the lighting effects in the game it tends to make white look way too bright and kind of ends up looking pretty odd, as opposed to darker colors like grey where it doesnt seem to screw them up as much, alot of that goes to the texture reflections... most the time when I do a white car it isnt really proper white but an off-white grey color to tone it back because of the games lighting =/   A quick easy way to add some definition is to just select where there is some definition and use adjust the brightness to be a bit darker than the rest of the body and then blur its edges into the body.  Tends to make it show the definitions a bit better without a ton of work.

Well...I'll admit some of that is my fault. I never really put any contours on the textures or shading parts in any of my models. It was done intentionally so that people using Paint.net could easilly modify the texture. The method has its drawbacks unfortunately.

Personally I think its not that big of a deal considering.  I mean this is a RTS when it gets down to it and the rest of the game elements aren't of incredible detail anyway so I don't expect the models to be these amazing, high poly, stunning vehicles.  Itchboy, your work is awesome and I appreciate you thinking of people doing reskins when you textured the models, I know it has helped me a considerable amount.

I don't like the re skins at all, they look very simple and bad.

as for what you said everything you see so far other than the EMS is just a quick whip up i dont really like skinning i like creating lights

There is a lot better way of providing constructive criticism than just saying it's bad.  THVFD and the others members of this mod are working hard to bring you new content.  If you don't like it, that's fine. Also, how is the Ambu skin simple?  And most emergency vehicles are "simple" as you put it,usually one color with a stripe of a contrasting color and some door badges/lettering for identification... So I don't really understand what you mean....

quite frankly i dont care what they say it helps me out on what to improve on but thanks for what you had to say

2009_ford_f-250_super_duty_fx4_supercab_

i understand what you are saying and i'm not a person who really likes skinning lol so everything you see but the EMS is just a quick whip up

well i dont know how to do any of that shading stuff lol so therefore i'm not even going to worry about it but i do appreate what you did with the models i like them

car 1? why not Unit 001...  :cheers-mate:

idk just figured it sounded better and the way my paid department does it is they are car 1, 2, 3

hey guys havent posted an update in a while i've been busy with the fd lots of calls anyways while i was on runs Merrit Long was nice enough to create a new River Falls Fire Deparment skin(s) pictures below of Engine 1, Engine 2, and Car 1 the international model(Engine 2) is made with the USFS engine from LA, Engine 1 is the MVA engine from montana mod, and car 1 is the F350 from itchboys car pack

PS. Sorry moderators for the double post couldnt find anyone to make a post hope this is ok

BTW engine 3 is a kenworth model i'll have pictures of it up when i get the River Falls Textures and well decide weather to make it an on map unit or an off map so stay tuned for Engine 3 and i wanna know what you guys think of it bc its gonna be up to ya'll weather it will be housed on map or be an off map unit

Oooo pretty Kenworth

yep i like it but its gonna be up to ya'll on weather it will be put into a station or not

Cool, but it looks again simple, try to put some more effoty on it, something special. And Better windows, and wheels :P  (PM me on squad55 for the windows if you want)

i'll send you a pm and see what you have other than that what is there is staying

Skins looks better now, nice work :cool:

the skin looks fine, but it looks easy due the white underlay and maybe the window textures/lines of the doors

Only thing I don't like is the back window of the Ford...

Maybe reversed colour scheme would be more fun