What exactly do you call super fast?

So i guess going form 6 core 2ghz machine with 8gb of ram and 560ti card to spec in my signature can make pathing probelms go away?

That and dropping the resolution form 1920 by 1080 to max support by the game?

I'm not saying it will or wont, I'm just saying paths is one of the basic functions of the game, so to have path issues in just one mod is unlikely to be down to specs, more likely down to a simple map mistake, that's all I'm saying.

x

I'm not saying it will or wont, I'm just saying paths is one of the basic functions of the game, so to have path issues in just one mod is unlikely to be down to specs, more likely down to a simple map mistake, that's all I'm saying.

x

then explain how getting a faster computer with more ram fix the problem? Cause that what it did for me. That and drop the screen resolution.

yeah looks like a path issue to me, computer speed wont affect ped paths, the specs required for this game are really low, so you'd need to have a ridiculous pc to have issues with things that are part of the base game, if I get a chance I'll take a look at the map, there's likely some form of path issue, or something to do with blocking the path

x

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yes. If it Dyson can fix it, I would be very happy lol!

I doubt it consider he can not answer how more ram and better cpu fixed the problem. that and lower the resolution in game.

I doubt it consider he can not answer how more ram and better cpu fixed the problem. that and lower the resolution in game.

Best not bother then eh? Yeah, keep the snide comments to yourself, I'm trying to help.

As I've not played this mod yet I'll download it and see what I make of the issue, I have my doubts if its spec related but I'll be sure to find out :)

x

Best not bother then eh? Yeah, keep the snide comments to yourself, I'm trying to help.

As I've not played this mod yet I'll download it and see what I make of the issue, I have my doubts if its spec related but I'll be sure to find out :)

x

Snide comment how so?

A person with over 10 years computer trouble shooting skills, who has played the mod, had the problem and found a fix. Has asked several times how it could be a pathing issue fixed by specs.

You who never played the mod have yet to answer that question.

Snide comment how so?

A person with over 10 years computer trouble shooting skills, who has played the mod, had the problem and found a fix. Has asked several times how it could be a pathing issue fixed by specs.

You who never played the mod have yet to answer that question.

Alright you have 10 years of experience, thats cool, but regardless of the amount of time, I know this game inside out, so I was hoping to lend a hand to help out if possible, there's no need to give comments that 'I can't even answer this', so yeah when I get chance as I said I was gonna download and see for myself. I'm not saying there may be a black and white answer, but there's certainly ways to stop it happening that don't include forking out for a new PC.

And you haven't really found a fix, buying a new super computer isn't a fix, that's just avoiding the problem, there's lots of people who still have the issue.

x

Alright you have 10 years of experience, thats cool, but regardless of the amount of time, I know this game inside out, so I was hoping to lend a hand to help out if possible, there's no need to give comments that 'I can't even answer this', so yeah when I get chance as I said I was gonna download and see for myself. I'm not saying there may be a black and white answer, but there's certainly ways to stop it happening that don't include forking out for a new PC.

And you haven't really found a fix, buying a new super computer isn't a fix, that's just avoiding the problem, there's lots of people who still have the issue.

x

Maybe you should accutly read what I said before shooting you mouth off. Here what I said

For those with people block traffic problem.

Try lower the game resolution. I had that issue as well. The issue got better when I got the PC in my signature. It was not total gone. Once I drop the resolution form 1920X1080 down to max allowed by the game.

I also had an issue with the park command not working unless I was closer to station until I drop the resolution.

Where in that did I say a new PC is the answer?

Oh and PS I am still waiting for you to answer the question.

I do not believe it is a pathing issue for several reason. The multiplayer map and singleplayer maps are IDENTICAL - during S55 multiplayer games I have NEVER seen this issue, and neither has anyone else. During singleplayer games however i have heard of only a certain number of people - who tend to have slower computers - have this issue. I'm not saying there isn't a pathing issue but given those facts it would seem that a path issue is not logical

Y'all need to remember, This mod was designed primarily for MULTIPLAYER......Single player was only there for the rare occurrence for people to play themselves. Plus if it was a path issue wouldn't everyone have the same problem?????

Because it's fine when I play it in single player.

I don't think anyone is fighting, well at least I am not. And for the record it was an issue with 3.3.2 as well :P

Yeah I don't think anyone is fighting either, just seems that way because everyone is trying to share their input and opinion.... its why we have these threads so everyone can talk about the mods and see how it can be fixed...sry but it's just how forums are, no matter what - its the internet... :cheers:

Now back to Harbor City Mod...

Can I take an Engine from the previous version & use it replace a different engine in 4.0? Example I would like to keep the Seagrave but would like to add in the older West End Pierce as one of the other engines, is it as simple as drag, drop, rename or do I have to go through adding it like the tutorials state?

hey guys great mod thanks a lot -- two questions/issues

1. When police cars are put on patrol, it leaves their primary lights command enabled (lights go off but command stays on) and when the unit gets dispatched the lights do not come back on, leaving the patrol car awkwardly responding with no lights but sirens...any idea for a fix?

2. Is there anyway to have the ambulances automatically return to station or automatically go on patrol from the hospital? Right now it requires user intervention I think.

Thanks a lot!

hey guys great mod thanks a lot -- two questions/issues

1. When police cars are put on patrol, it leaves their primary lights command enabled (lights go off but command stays on) and when the unit gets dispatched the lights do not come back on, leaving the patrol car awkwardly responding with no lights but sirens...any idea for a fix?

2. Is there anyway to have the ambulances automatically return to station or automatically go on patrol from the hospital? Right now it requires user intervention I think.

Thanks a lot!

Ok for the first just switch there lights of and it should work