bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Hey gents

i'm not posting much thing on this forum but i have an issue i'd like to know if someone could help me with, the megafile link to load the mod is not working for me, it says he might be damaged or something. Did some of you already encouter the problem and how did you fixed it ? 

with great thanks

On 12/1/2023 at 4:40 PM, DEJFNEBR said:

Hi yall. i got some problem with mod, i downloaded this into mod folder. when i turn it on ingame, i go onto normal map freeplay, but there no map and i cant call any unit. the same on deluxe map, but there just deluxe map and i cant call units. im new in modding, can anyone help me?

On 10/5/2012 at 2:43 AM, bama1234 said:

!!Regular Freeplay will NOT work, due to all the new scripts and features!! It will give you a blank map. Instead, go to Campaign/Missions -> Freeplay script to play freeplay.

That's actually a fairly quick fix, just take a look at the first post. You're loading the freeplay map, you need to open singleplayer. This mod does not use Multiplayer. It only uses the missionscript freeplay simulator.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

So needless to say it's been a hot minute since v2.5 has been released. I hate to be negative on such a phenomenal project, and I hate to sound ungrateful, but I wish we had a 2.6 by now. I have no idea how much work has been done to 2.5 since release, but I wish we had just a slightly polished version of 2.5 before we hopefully see a v3 one day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

@itchboy

Hi. I'm just wondering if you intend on introducing higher ranking police officers for the Montana Mod 2.5 version, such as police sergeants for example. I know the police sergeant is a thing in the City of Angels mod, so I'm curious as to whether you plan on extending that to Montana as well.

22 hours ago, MaxGFX20 said:

Hi, when I load Freeplay from the campaign menu, menu's. mini-map, and notification bar, not load, only view the map, vehicles, buildings, etc.

As has been stated multiple times, including further up this page, you must load the campaign. If you attempt to load freeplay, it won't work. Select campaign and then select the only mission that you have as an option. It will not load from freeplay, due to all the scripting that had to be done to allow the game to function.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 6:28 PM, askjeeves said:

As has been stated multiple times, including further up this page, you must load the campaign. If you attempt to load freeplay, it won't work. Select campaign and then select the only mission that you have as an option. It will not load from freeplay, due to all the scripting that had to be done to allow the game to function.

Hey, hi. That's not my problem, the call's, the Montana map load, I follow all the steps to start. But I don't see the units UI menu, notification bar, mini-map, etc. 

On 2/6/2024 at 8:30 PM, MaxGFX20 said:

Hey, hi. That's not my problem, the call's, the Montana map load, I follow all the steps to start. But I don't see the units UI menu, notification bar, mini-map, etc. 

My apologies, I misread your post, thought you meant you were loading by clicking freeplay. 

@itchboy Hi. I'm just wondering if it's possible to dispatch all 3 units at the MPFD station, with 2 guys on the engine, one in the brush truck, and one on the tanker. Say I dispatch both the engine, and the tanker, and I steal one of the tanker guys to be on the brush. Would that actually work?

22 hours ago, Johhnnyy said:

@itchboy Hi. I'm just wondering if it's possible to dispatch all 3 units at the MPFD station, with 2 guys on the engine, one in the brush truck, and one on the tanker. Say I dispatch both the engine, and the tanker, and I steal one of the tanker guys to be on the brush. Would that actually work?

Yes, that does work if you can catch one of the guys off the tanker, I have done it before. Sometimes I had to have the tanker drive back to the station and drop of the passenger to get the brush truck.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2024 at 2:30 PM, Turk_WLF said:

Yes, that does work if you can catch one of the guys off the tanker, I have done it before. Sometimes I had to have the tanker drive back to the station and drop of the passenger to get the brush truck.

Oh my God I can't believe that actually works! I can now cheat MPFD's staffing shortage! (I don't have the game itself, but I do have the mod installed) Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!

P.S: Itchboy, sorry for cheating the MPFD staffing shortage Actually, not sorry!

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2024 at 2:30 PM, Turk_WLF said:

Hey, do you know how many officers does the Monida Pass Police have in the game?

@bama1234 I understand you are one of the devs for the Montana mod, right? Well, do you know how many officers can the MPPD control box call out, like what's the max here? Also, can you like bump up the number of volunteers, and also allow them to respond POV to the station 24/7, please? And can you also allow the MHP and MPPD officers to use bulletproof vests, like with the BCSO deputies? 

On 12/25/2022 at 10:50 AM, VIPCrafter said:
Why can't the local FD move out at night? When I call them at night, no volunteer fireman comes. I always have 
to call the fire brigade from the neighboring towns

I noticed this too. At it's peak, MPFD can only have 4 guys for 2 of the 3 trucks, all of which are 2 man staffed units. If you want to use all 3, you need to have two guys on the engine, one in the tanker, and one in the brush. That's how I'd do it.

@bama1234 @itchboy Sorry for pinging you guys, but I have a few questions about the Montana mod.

1.) How many officers are there in a shift for MPPD? Is it possible to edit the cap limit of officers per shift myself? If so, how?

2.) Why are there only 4 MPFD firefighters available at MPFD's staffing peak in the day? Can't you make more POV models, and more random male volunteers to have 8 people total? [excluding the chief] 

3.) Are there any plans on making the MPFD engine a 4 seater one instead of a 2 seater one?

I can answer a couple questions.

MPPD is capped at four. 

MPFD is also capped at four because of the size of the town, it's intended to make the player have to be creative about the resources they use and to rely on mutual aid with a delayed response, just like real life Montana. As for the engines, I don't know what their plans are. 

24 minutes ago, paleocacher said:

MPPD is capped at four. 

MPFD is also capped at four because of the size of the town, it's intended to make the player have to be creative about the resources they use and to rely on mutual aid with a delayed response, just like real life Montana. As for the engines, I don't know what their plans are. 

Thanks for answering some of my questions. At least you tried your best, that's what matters.

25 minutes ago, paleocacher said:

MPPD is capped at four. 

1 minute ago, Johhnnyy said:

Thanks for answering some of my questions. At least you tried your best, that's what matters.

P.S: Do you know how many cars does the MHP have? I know they may have at least 2 in the mod, but I am not sure. I haven't played it myself.