goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

I have been following this topic ever since it was created, and I am so impressed with this mod and its progress that I took 10m out of my time to sign up today, just so I could tell you guys how good and realistic your models are, as you could tell by my name and profile pic, I am a member of my local firedepartment, and I am an emergency first reasponder. If you have anyquestions at all about the appuratus please dont hesitate to contact me through the fourms, our department is simular to surreys in some ways. And could anyone tell me why the sig wont work?

PS: Good job you guys, I am now a proud supporter of this site and your mod, I think that speaks for itself :)

Hey welcome,good to see someone from Vancouver Island.I lived in Courtenay for 10 years, been to Parksville a few times...anyways keep glued to the boards for updates.

I'm back to see if its done :) ya i couldn't stop myself by looking , support you 100%

Just a lil thing i would like to add wondering if you have RCMP boat ? Idk if that would any use in the game ? hmm

well....

rcmp-to-launch-preventor-42-foot-vessel-maritime-nova-scotia-coastline-museum-of-the-atlantic&docid=aLxEy-EBjRRBYM&w=522&h=348&ei=llZ1TtqOFeL00gHJreyxDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=964&vpy=607&dur=408&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=193&ty=158&page=3&tbnh=144&tbnw=186&start=45&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:45

I'm back to see if its done :) ya i couldn't stop myself by looking , support you 100%

Just a lil thing i would like to add wondering if you have RCMP boat ? Idk if that would any use in the game ? hmm

well....

rcmp-to-launch-preventor-42-foot-vessel-maritime-nova-scotia-coastline-museum-of-the-atlantic&docid=aLxEy-EBjRRBYM&w=522&h=348&ei=llZ1TtqOFeL00gHJreyxDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=964&vpy=607&dur=408&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=193&ty=158&page=3&tbnh=144&tbnw=186&start=45&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:45

Image Failed sorry -.-

The two biggest ambulance manufacturers in Canada are Crestline and Demer's. Based on the pictures I've seen, the older BCAS units are Crestlines, and the newer ones are manufactured by Demers. This seems to be a trend that I'm seeing in Ontario, more and more services who used Crestline are moving towards Demers. One of the easiest ways to tell the difference, seems to be how the box looks. The boxes on Crestlines tend to have rounded corners and edges and the Demers seem to be more of a box, regardless of what model or service uses them.

I believe you are right, I know a lot of American Ambulances have been box style for many years and it is only with in the last few months that I have noticed that BCAS has decided to go that route finally. It provides A LOT more room and space in the back for patient and first responders, I remember trying to do CPR in the back of there Cars (yes BCAS call their ambulances cars for some reason :s ) and it was cramp and crazy. I had to have one of my buddies to hold on to my bunker gear so I didn't go flying during a corner.

looking good guys, not too shabby for a submod ;D

thanks Dyson,what is the exact definition of a submod...I still have not figured that one out yet.We have replaced most of the games original units with new ones,we will do scripting work and a new map.

Eventually we have to go full guns like you did...

That ambulance...is that the one is the video posted above? The one with the ambulance responding?

That one was Nnico's ambulance,this one has the same box but a new cab...all 3 are new versions

We hope to meet the deadline, mostly earlier but we're committed to make it happen, regardless how long it may take for us to finish the modification, or at least the important stuff.

A surrey map may or may not be completed before new years eve, so I applogise if we exceed the date, but hey, we don't have any reason to stop and quit. We're here to make it happen. Again we're only a two man team, lol. We're the army of two.

Good work as always guys. Nice to see you set a release date, I dont really think the map is essential however it would be really cool but it sounds like you'll leave it until everything else has been completed. Anyway your guys work shows- the topic has been busy lately. Hopefully this west coast weather gives you more time to work on the mod :happy:

I dearly apologize for asking this question so close to the deadline, and I will still be dreaming about this mod if you guys say no. Will the BCAS Vehicles have their own station on the map? Because unlike the L.A mod, BCAS does not station their ambulances with the fire department. There is an acception with rural communites, but not a place like surrey.

I dearly apologize for asking this question so close to the deadline, and I will still be dreaming about this mod if you guys say no. Will the BCAS Vehicles have their own station on the map? Because unlike the L.A mod, BCAS does not station their ambulances with the fire department. There is an acception with rural communites, but not a place like surrey.

yes we discussed this a few weeks ago,we felt the same way...BCAS has their own stations and are at hospitals too so we will strive to replicate this in the game.Same goes for the fire stations,Surrey has numerous 2-3 rig stations throughout the city instead of one super station like in LA mod game,so that too will change.

After I get all the units and personnel done and in place,I will dive into map mode.

yes we discussed this a few weeks ago,we felt the same way...BCAS has their own stations and are at hospitals too so we will strive to replicate this in the game.Same goes for the fire stations,Surrey has numerous 2-3 rig stations throughout the city instead of one super station like in LA mod game,so that too will change.

After I get all the units and personnel done and in place,I will dive into map mode.

Sounds good. I think the map will be worth the wait. Not only will we have new toys but we will have a brand new playground as well.

Hey guys! As a fellow Canuck, I had to jump in and say: fookin' eh! My girlfriend is from B.C., so I'm looking forward to playing something from my soon-to-be stomping grounds! If you guys need any help, let me know.. I'm good with lighting, I can edit skins (I can't U.V. Map [yet]), and I can do editing of models in ZModeler... As I said, I can't really do much from scratch, but I can edit stuff pretty darn good...

Cheers from Ontario!

Eli