Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Announcements

• MikeyPI

ATTN: Mod Creators:   01/23/2016

Please update the FIRST post of your topic to include important information about your mods and their progress. Since you follow your topics and respond to them (hopefully anyway) you know what people most commonly want to/need to know about your mod and it's current state/progress. If your information will not fit within the first post of the topic, please contact a staff member and we will make it so that you own the second/third (as-needed) posts are yours as well. Having the most important information in the first posts of the topic will hopefully reduce the repetitive questions asked by having the most important information related to a mod within the first post.
    • MikeyPI

Posting restriction on this forum:   01/23/2016

Be advised that it is no longer possible to create a topic within this forum, instead it must be created in Mod Development and Concepts. This was done to lower the clutter created in the mods category, upon release of a modification contact a staff member and we will move your topic to the released/available Mods forum category.
    • randomperson139

Signatures   03/04/2016

Hi everyone. It appears that the update to the new forum has affected the format of the majority of signatures (adding extra spaces, changing sizes etc.). Due to this, could everyone please check their own signature, ensuring that it complies with the site rules. See the http://www.emergency-planet.com/tos.html/ or http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/16848-acceptable-signature-sizes/ for more information.  We'll give it a few weeks to give enough time to edit signatures, after that the unnecessarily large signatures will simply be removed. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, EMP Staff.
bama1234

Montana Mod v2.1 (In Development) Download link removed by Authors

On map police SUV  

329 members have voted

1. 1. What should the on map PD SUV be?

• 97 to 01 Explorer
    • 1996 Jeep
    • Late 90's Tahoe/Yukon

Just out of curiosity, what happens if a vehicle is coming the other way? Will they get into a stand off or will the script stop opposing traffic at a certain point?

On 11/15/2018 at 12:37 AM, itchboy said:

Why are you going to be banned for saying this? There isnt a reason for you to be banned. You havent broken any rules.

You're not the first to point out its similar to the ERS Berlin. It doesnt mean I'm not allowed to have make own script though.

It was just me trying to be sarcastic

19 hours ago, tysohug said:

It was just me trying to be sarcastic

Oh. Sarcasm is hard to detect online.

@FInn Rescue 12 You can still use the old redirect.

@TTBL225 Oncoming traffic will have to be redirected by you.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to make it so that when the game recognises that you are using the new redirect script, it creates a “red traffic light” in the opposite lane, so that the cars stop, and when it detects that no cars are in the way, it makes the “light” green? I mean i’m not asking for you to do that, i’m just curious if the game has the abilities to do that..

11 hours ago, Nick007 said:

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to make it so that when the game recognises that you are using the new redirect script, it creates a “red traffic light” in the opposite lane, so that the cars stop, and when it detects that no cars are in the way, it makes the “light” green? I mean i’m not asking for you to do that, i’m just curious if the game has the abilities to do that..

Dude I was literally just thinking about somethin like that.  I was thinkin like, do I really need another unit just to block off the other road for a traffic stop?

7 hours ago, joker15x said:

Dude I was literally just thinking about somethin like that.  I was thinkin like, do I really need another unit just to block off the other road for a traffic stop?

Yeah,well I mean, if it’s possible to run 2 redirect scripts at the same time, theres no problem because you can redirect the oncoming traffic to the side of the road, but if for some reason you can’t run 2 redirect scripts at the same time, you will probably have to block the traffic.. but I don’t know... Itchboy is the only one that can anwser that. I’m just making suggestions..

Will most if not all emergency vehicles have the surround lighting that reflects off the ground and what not?  Idk what the proper term is.  I noticed a few vehicles don't have it, and or not proper flashing.  Also will all vehicles have secondary lighting options?  Sorry if this is annoying, I am just really into this mod and ELS.  I'm a kid when it comes to emergency lighting. http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

Bug report: This is the most annoying thing in this mod.  Its a waste of time shooting these damn big trucks and I can't figure out how to turn off their spawning in the files.  https://gyazo.com/c12bc583791bcbfb9a507039ab3e26c8  They are always blocking traffic when I'm doing other calls and I don't have time to deal with it.  

22 hours ago, joker15x said:

Bug report: This is the most annoying thing in this mod.  Its a waste of time shooting these damn big trucks and I can't figure out how to turn off their spawning in the files.  https://gyazo.com/c12bc583791bcbfb9a507039ab3e26c8  They are always blocking traffic when I'm doing other calls and I don't have time to deal with it.  

You can use a cop to redirect them, or prevent them from spawning on the editor. Just load the map, press F9, select the proper spawn point and voilà, you'll have to delete those big trucks one by one, though. 

2 hours ago, amuchalipsis said:

You can use a cop to redirect them, or prevent them from spawning on the editor. Just load the map, press F9, select the proper spawn point and voilà, you'll have to delete those big trucks one by one, though. 

Thats the problem.  I do redirect them, they just don't move.  Or if it DOES work, the truck will go block some other intersection.  How do I open the editor?  I've never used it.

In steam, if you have that version, go to properties. Under set launch options type -editor and launch the game, you will then from the bar at the top of the screen have to load the mod you wish to edit.

There is no way to stop oncoming traffic without sending an officer to the other lane to redirect or stop traffic.

I have removed the big trucks from the spawns in the new version. I also included a "delete traffic" button just to be sure.

To remove the vehicles, go into the editor. Load up "freeplay.e4m". Once you are in the map, press the F9 key.

Choose the spawn point that gets stuck and delete the trucks using the "X" button on the right side.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_11/5bf6093b4c3a8_Em4Deluxe2018-11-2209-34-58-28.thumb.png.707db6c6c8f9b61d037e4143b132dfd2.png

Em4Deluxe 2018-11-22 09-34-58-28.png

• Upvote 1

Somehow forgot this bug, when there is a call in this house for a medical patient, people can't go in because the door can't be broke down.  When I send a FF to break it, they stop at the steps not doing anything, forcing me to fail the call.  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1570795967

I don't think any of you realize how close I am to tracking Itchboy down IRL and forcing him to give me his mods

All joking aside, Itchboy, your mods are the best things I've ever seen happen to this game since I first saw the Manhattan mod in 2012.

Keep it up!

On 11/22/2018 at 10:29 AM, joker15x said:

Somehow forgot this bug, when there is a call in this house for a medical patient, people can't go in because the door can't be broke down.  When I send a FF to break it, they stop at the steps not doing anything, forcing me to fail the call.  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1570795967

Thanks for letting me know. This is actually a bug I never noticed. I am sure its because of the "accesible" flag not being activated on the model.

I have not been able to do much with the mod due to non Em4 concerns. This tow truck is the only thing Ive had the opportunity to make.

Rollback rear body textures by Hoppah, everything else by me.

Untitled.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ive finally put a roof and interior on the police station. Im really happy with the result. Hopefully it has no glitches ingame, otherwise I'll just revert to the non-openHouse version which would look the same anyway.

Em4Deluxe 2018-12-16 00-15-44-84.png

Em4Deluxe 2018-12-16 00-11-12-61.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, itchboy said:

Ive finally put a roof and interior on the police station. Im really happy with the result. Hopefully it has no glitches ingame, otherwise I'll just revert to the non-openHouse version which would look the same anyway.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_12/5c152953518f4_Em4Deluxe2018-12-1600-15-44-84.thumb.png.7920c513be0e1b892f50fbe59949906e.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_12/5c15296be4a79_Em4Deluxe2018-12-1600-11-12-61.thumb.png.cbb4ec3e67dae23ac2090413a4a0fd3a.png

Love it.

I can't wait to see this released! I've been fortunate enough to play an older version and it's just amazing. It blew my mind to hear that you were actually adding function and features. Please, keep up the amazing work!