goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Hello, everyone,

The RCMP modding team is inviting of its "most active and trusted emergency 4 players " to inquire within for the opportunity of beta testing our fleet in the upcoming month. This is your chance to prove to us that you are a valuable candidate, and want the opportunity to beta test for the entire duration until release.

If you are interested and feel that we can trust you with our most valued materials, you will be required to put forth your best effort.

If you are accepted as a beta tester, you will provide useful feedback for us. You will run the modification through its paces as rigorously as you can testing all of its functions.

If you find a bug, report it immediately. If you find that the interface clunky, the game play is laboured, or it suffers from poor performance, tell us and explain in detail what should be fixed and what should be improved.

You will also promote the process. Tell others what you've experienced in a professional, objective manner. Don't publicly trash the product you've been testing. Remember that the we recruited you guys to give you an opportunity to remedy issues before the product is released.

You're here to help us figure out what works and what doesn't. If you mention the beta test, be careful not to reveal things we considers confidential. We are relying upon you for an objective test as well as trusting you to act professionally during the entire process.

We have hand picked 5 community key members and will contact them via PM with the golden ticket, so keep an eye on your PM this following week. Once this team have report to us with their findings, we will expand our beta testing base and use YOU for the team. We are only accepting 10 beta testers.

Requirements :

- Have been with the community for over 1 year or more, registered account.

- Have been involved in a modding team or have credible modding experiences, and have a strong understanding of Emergency 4 engine.

- is of age 17 or older ( for maturity )

- have a youtube account to upload footage for us.

In order to apply, you must write a paragraph of why you should be part of the team, and what you can bring to the table. 200 words or more, any less will be tossed in the delete bin. You can send your "resume" to us on the emergency planet forum to C.F.D or Goog1967

The deadline to apply is September 14, 2014

Thank you everyone, and good luck. Think of this as the Willy Wonka Golden ticket ;)

With all that you are requesting, there are literally like 5 people on this forum who are qualified and I doubt any of them would spend the time writing a mini essay and resume to you guys. Id say, just do what all modders do when they release a beta, just openly release to all the modders who know what they are doing and what to look for. We released ours to NFK, Hoppah, MikeyPI etc. 

With all that you are requesting, there are literally like 5 people on this forum who are qualified and I doubt any of them would spend the time writing a mini essay and resume to you guys. Id say, just do what all modders do when they release a beta, just openly release to all the modders who know what they are doing and what to look for. We released ours to NFK, Hoppah, MikeyPI etc.

I'd have to agree, I think your beta ran smoothly and helped work out the kinks...would probably go good along with this modification.

Okay, so i have a few things to mention to bring everyone up to date :

This past week, Goog1967 have been working hard on converting all of the vehicles to SG LA sub modification for all of our beta testers to play on. We have received a lot of applications for beta testers and i want to thank you all for submitting yours in. I am happy to say that 95% of the applications will be accepted, but i will contact each one of you sometimes this week for your assignment. This is exciting and i am looking forward to hear results from each one of you all. Most of the forum moderators will also have their chance to beta test the RCMP modification.

The bad news is that, when Goog1967 personally tested out the units in-game, he discovered that every single one of our vehicles are not compatible with the LA game engine because the body size is too big, thus corrupting vehicle paths, or can't fit inside fire stations, etc. So this means that he has to re-size every one of them about 20 percent smaller, about the same size as LA mod units. The part that sucks the most is that all of the lights that i displayed in the last week and half are no good for LA mod, so i will have to re-light every single vehicle ( this means FD, PD and EMS vehicles .... sucks big time ) This also decreases the quality of our skins which is also another downer because in the editor all of the vehicles look HD and hyper realistic, but when you see it in-game the quality has been toned down to sub-par. But we're overcoming challenges. 

So, the plan right now is that, we will pass the SG LA mod to our beta testers, and over time will update it with converted vehicles and fill up the vehicle pool. For now we have finished 5 engines but they all need lights first. When i light them up, we will release our beta files, along with new sirens, etc. At the same time we will update this beta with new scripts if COPS can help us out with this phase.

Okay, so i have a few things to mention to bring everyone up to date :

This past week, Goog1967 have been working hard on converting all of the vehicles to SG LA sub modification for all of our beta testers to play on. We have received a lot of applications for beta testers and i want to thank you all for submitting yours in. I am happy to say that 95% of the applications will be accepted, but i will contact each one of you sometimes this week for your assignment. This is exciting and i am looking forward to hear results from each one of you all. Most of the forum moderators will also have their chance to beta test the RCMP modification.

The bad news is that, when Goog1967 personally tested out the units in-game, he discovered that every single one of our vehicles are not compatible with the LA game engine because the body size is too big, thus corrupting vehicle paths, or can't fit inside fire stations, etc. So this means that he has to re-size every one of them about 20 percent smaller, about the same size as LA mod units. The part that sucks the most is that all of the lights that i displayed in the last week and half are no good for LA mod, so i will have to re-light every single vehicle ( this means FD, PD and EMS vehicles .... sucks big time ) This also decreases the quality of our skins which is also another downer because in the editor all of the vehicles look HD and hyper realistic, but when you see it in-game the quality has been toned down to sub-par. But we're overcoming challenges. 

So, the plan right now is that, we will pass the SG LA mod to our beta testers, and over time will update it with converted vehicles and fill up the vehicle pool. For now we have finished 5 engines but they all need lights first. When i light them up, we will release our beta files, along with new sirens, etc. At the same time we will update this beta with new scripts if COPS can help us out with this phase.

Ouch. All that effort having to re light EVERY car, truck and ambulance.

I have a question. Does the new map have the correct larger scaling in relation to the new vehicles? It would be a shame to have loss of quality simply due to scaling issues.

Why scale down the models. It might not be realistic, but to avoid all the work, you can just make the geometry in the editor smaller. Then it should park and drive in the paths without getting stuck, it will look totally wacked though

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

We increased the size of the models by 15% to match the EM4 personnel that are so huge and unrealistic,but the game crashes and the vehicles won't park and get stuck in traffic because of it so everything is in the process of going back to EM4 default size.

The map was made to EM4 scale and is safe as is,this only affects the vehicle models.

Id say just copy the protos since they contain information bout the lights, that's what you wanna test and what can be copied easily!

I would not spend so much time on actually fitting the lights to the LA mod sized vehicles again since that has nothing to do with the performance tests you're looking for with that beta.

even if the lights are not placed at the exact spot on the vehicle and end up flying in the air over it you could test performance with that. don't try to make it look good unnecessarily is all i'm saying

i could be wrong though .... :D

What kinda military stuff (if any) are you going to have in this mod? Like the Primary Reserve? (I guess they're kinda like the army reserve/national guard is in the US)

I don't really like there uniforms but I would love to see some military and I'm sure it would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but what's the point of this post ^^, probably yes but i dot know sure. 

But, will there also be a more "basic" version, for the PC's who aren't so strong?

That's what the beta testers are supposed to test, if all sorts of PCs can handle (I think?) People who submitted a beta tester app was supposed to be contacted last weekend.

A scale difference shouldn't cause the game to crash, I'm working on a mod that is to scale with personnel and we have around 40 units scaled up and they don't crash. If you're planning on scaling the map up to the same scale then my suggestion would be to release the beta on the original em4 map, as its roads are far wider, no VOs to contend with and gives a unit overview rather than map overview, showing SGs map with it seems pointless if a) it doesn't fit and b) it's nothing like what you plan to use.

Just my opinion trying to give you guys some advice :)