goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Although the RCMP was involved why is this being posted on a mod thread?

I mean there's a forum section just to discuss incidents like that.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/19617-ottawa-gunfight/#entry282622

Because its completely unheard of for a topic to wander slightly off course. And also for many people in the EMP community this is their closest link to Canada if you think about it...

Today's terrorist attack in Canada may have affected the release date...

Since everyone felt the need to respond instead of reporting it, I feel it isnt worth the effort to clean this up at all anymore.  While I feel it's in poor taste, people die every single day, with just as much senselessness to it in those instances.   Next time people should report the issue instead of engaging into it.  Doing that just garners the attention that it isnt due and makes more work to clean up.  This time I won't be taking the time to sanitize it. 

Maybe someone else will...

Is it just RCMP in this mod or local units aswel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For now it will be just RCMP,transit and IRSU police it will be focused only on Surrey,other units will be added at a later time.

When is the projected release date of this mod?

Really? Well, that post has just earned you a shiny new warning point. Congratulations.

To the rest of you, I'm just going to repeat what Mikey said about an issue on the previous page, click the little REPORT button and let us deal with it. There's no need for any of the posts after the post I've quoted.

As of right now, we have suspended the RCMP modification construction until we have concrete confirmation about emergency 5 modding capabilities. We don't want to do too much work and if Emergency 5 turns out to be a much better platform with the abilities to import our models and the ability to edit light we will make the transition from emergency 4 to 5. Emergency 5 is expected to have a decent turn out rate and we'd like to be part of the new community.

We have sources that it will be possible to import our models as 15k poly into emergency 5 engine along with the ability to edit lights, but don't hold my word for it until it comes out or when the game developer confirms solid facts ... Having said that, no further updates for the next 3 weeks until November 28th. Imagine playing a 15k poly surrey fire truck in the game ... Thank you everyone.

As of right now, we have suspended the RCMP modification construction until we have concrete confirmation about emergency 5 modding capabilities. We don't want to do too much work and if Emergency 5 turns out to be a much better platform with the abilities to import our models and the ability to edit light we will make the transition from emergency 4 to 5. Emergency 5 is expected to have a decent turn out rate and we'd like to be part of the new community.

We have sources that it will be possible to import our models as 15k poly into emergency 5 engine along with the ability to edit lights, but don't hold my word for it until it comes out or when the game developer confirms solid facts ... Having said that, no further updates for the next 3 weeks until November 28th. Imagine playing a 15k poly surrey fire truck in the game ... Thank you everyone.

That is kinda dumb for many reasons

1. A lot of people may not be able to get EM5 due to money or some other reason.

2. EM4 is here and ready to go already

3. Why waste more time doing nothing when you can be getting this mod done.

I just feel that everyone is expecting way to much for a game that things haven't even been put into stone yet.

Agreed fair egnouth em 5 will look better but your possibly gonna make this mod take even longer as

1. Maps are supposed to be bigger therefore you would need to rescale and edit the maps to make it the best.

2. Scripts? Quite a lot of the scripts that your a probably using won't be on em5 till someone makes them.

Then again its your mod just be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are pros and cons to weight out, but this is not a final decision. Like I said, we'll decide what happens when the game comes out. It's not like we will completely abandon emergency 4, no way we would do that but again we could shift our priorities around and find the balance between em4 and em5. Don't take out the pitchforks yet ...

If I were in your shoes, I would take the time currently available to you to work on the EM4 version business as usual.  IF EM5 is the holy grail everyone wants to believe it is and it is a better solution, then there is nothing to prevent progressing forward in that format instead.  Everyone forgets that LAmod was EM3 first and jumped to 4 when the time was appropriate...  By going completely dead in EM4 and jumping to a path in em5 without even knowing EM5's true capabilities is an error in my opinion.  Who knows maybe em5 will live up to the hype, but even if it does you will alienate a good deal of the base of followers who can't afford to play the game because of the cost of the game and/or performance of their machines restricting this.  I personally would run the EM4 version and when the time comes discontinue it for a new version specifically designed for the new capabilities everyone thinks will be, rather than assuming all the hype and the rumors are true.  For all we know the game could just render prettier but have the same exact type of models underneath it all... Ya just dunno till you see the end-product in all it's shame or glory.  IMO EM5 PR has been spotty at best, kinda like a movie that shows u all the great stuff in the trailer but doesnt tell ya that's all there is to it.

To be honest, that reasen sucks....

You guys are working over 3 years now, not everyone will buy em5 because of graphics/money to buy, not everyone wants to  buy it straight away etc. I think you just should finish it for em4, en set it over to em5 i it is posible, like said before, this mod just sounds as smething which is never gonna be released..

If I were in your shoes, I would take the time currently available to you to work on the EM4 version business as usual. IF EM5 is the holy grail everyone wants to believe it is and it is a better solution, then there is nothing to prevent progressing forward in that format instead. Everyone forgets that LAmod was EM3 first and jumped to 4 when the time was appropriate... By going completely dead in EM4 and jumping to a path in em5 without even knowing EM5's true capabilities is an error in my opinion. Who knows maybe em5 will live up to the hype, but even if it does you will alienate a good deal of the base of followers who can't afford to play the game because of the cost of the game and/or performance of their machines restricting this. I personally would run the EM4 version and when the time comes discontinue it for a new version specifically designed for the new capabilities everyone thinks will be, rather than assuming all the hype and the rumors are true. For all we know the game could just render prettier but have the same exact type of models underneath it all... Ya just dunno till you see the end-product in all it's shame or glory. IMO EM5 PR has been spotty at best, kinda like a movie that shows u all the great stuff in the trailer but doesnt tell ya that's all there is to it.

Thank you for really going in-depth to what I said. Really helps clear it up. Also, couldn't agree more with your opinions.

Well, I absolutely agree with you, MikeyPI, and we have thought about this everyday. You know, making the transition from emergency 4 to emergency 5 is just like shooting into a fog, you don't know it you missed or not, so I'm just taking a risky gamble here.

Should the game live up to it's promises, we would like to be one of the first mods to be available for emergency 5, given that a map is already available and advanced editor, that could help speed things up to the point where we can have a workable product to release for new em5 players to emulate on. However we do understand that the majority of our fans are emergency 4, and we don't want to leave you guys in the gutter with nothing, but bones with little meat on it. Maybe I have a jaded understanding of how this whole things work, but right now we don't have a workable map, nor do we have much scripts to offer. Most of our staffs are moving on with life, into adulthood, careers , family, etc. our availability is just thinning by everyday. I'm currently in a training program for the next 5 weeks, 5 days a week, so I don't have that much availability. Our map maker is in school to become a doctor and the last thing I want him to worry about is mapping, it wouldn't benefit him in life at all.

We have tried to recruit potentional map makers, scripters from other communities and we got told " no thanks " simply because we don't have much to offer in the first place. It's incredibly frustrating.

Sure most of you can tell us that we should learn how to script or how to map, but please understand that we're not teenagers anymore, we don't have as much free time as we did 3 years ago. We needed fresh minds and they don't want to be part of our cause, so hence why this mod has taken 3 years so far. I just don't have the time to learn how the game works, I have more important things to learn that can attribute to my career and life. Todd has a family and kids to take care of, the best he can do is modelling and that's what he's the best at. There's just a long learning curve that requires so much free time to be able to make a workable map, paths, scripts, etc.

We've welcomed volunteers to be part of team, but unfortunately most of the people who wanted to be part of our team only simply wanted to gain acess to our models and use them for their own benefits. So we're just treading through a shit storm. Yes, to most of you we may look like a sinking ship but really we're not, we're just being careful.

If em5 turns out to be a complete shit, then we will commit ourselves to em4 100% and try to be aggressive and recruit more potentional modders to our team. We'd really like to have this mod done in everyone's lifetime. We don't want to be the gargoyle in this community ...

Hey guys first off C.F.D I would like to complement you on how professionally this is being handled. You seem to be the spokes person here and it seems like you are taking the blunt of this blast. I have watched this mod progress for over a year now hoping of its release. I understand that you guys want to wait till Emergency 5 comes out because their are talks of a better platform or something. I'm no modder so whatever you say goes, I have no way to make any arguments or support that in anyway. 

I appreciate all the hard work everyone has put in but I wish to remind you of something.

On May 15th,2014 you made a comment on this forum, number 4346 on page 218 ( you can tell I had to do some digging for this) it says,

"During the past few months, progress has been slow within the team, and updates have been limited, which has been leading to many questions being presented by the community following our mod in progress. This is to answer a lot of them, dispel some myths and most importantly, let you know where our intentions lie, and what we plan on doing to get a version released publicly in the near future. The major question we've been hearing a lot of lately is, is there going to be a version for Emergency 4 at all? The answer is absolutely yes. There was a lot of talk about this mod being made as an Emergency 5 exclusive, but with no real information on this game released yet, it's unrealistic to consider this option until the actual game has been released and we can see exactly how it operates. "

I am not trying to put you in the wrong at all! I know their have been hacks and you guys lost alot of data, and you all have jobs and even family's. All I am saying is no matter what I hope their is a at least submod released to the EM4 community whether it be LA mod map with your units. 

Thank-you again,

Smeal