goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

I think 3 years is long enough to complete this mod. If em5 is out before this mod is released, I WILL NOT DOWNLOAD THIS MOD!!!! Plain and simple!!!!!

I believe that the longer we wait, the better the mod will be, just be patient, the moders' life is the most important thing, the words you said might hurt the moder!

I tried to be helpful and diplomatic about this scenario but some people don't want to accept things.. Sometimes you don't get what you want when you want it... Such is life.  Bossman, I can tell you that EM5 WILL be out before this mod is released, so you might as well not comment further since you won't be downloading it to spite your self.  That'll teach them because they didnt give you what you wanted when you wanted it.. *Sighs...

Anywho onto the mod team here... While I see your logic in EM5, basically what you're going to end up with is a "Basic" reskin/model package at best out the gate (prob going to have to rescale your vehicles down as well because their new road system I am sure doesnt include making them wider or narrower to suit the scale of the environ).  What I mean is remember the original EM4 map and it's very euro feeling roads?  My bet is that they'll be what you can drag and drop out with "ease", you won't be able to rescale them to make them fitting of north america. Without proper scripters to make new goodies you're kind of going to end up where you are now.  Believe me, while my team has a scripter, we were approached over the years with people offering help, most of those people didnt pan out (or flat out backed out of it for various reasons).  Given this is a hobby for all of us, and most of the more seasoned modders are adults, it makes time a premium to do these mods for the people, it's hard to manage a comprehensive staff when alotta people out there are basically mercenaries and hop from team to team, esp when you aint paying them to keep them on board.  

In the end most of the road blocks you currently are facing within em4 will still persist going into EM5, yes less people will be starting off in EM5, but if it permits you to port your models into it with ease, it'll do the same thing for any modder that takes the time to do it.  Thus, you won't be the only game in town out there and the same issues with finding people will still remain because those people will be on the same footing as you, learning a new system and simply porting in existing works.  (Assuming this indeed works as easy as people think it will).

In the end it is your guys call on how you want to go about it with your mod, because after all it is your mod to work with.  A few insights that I've picked up is that sometimes its better to say less and let the interest in the mod decline rather than to try to keep people informed and tell them everything.. People will appreciate that something is done when they get it, most of the "mods" that are in dev recently are just simply reskins and mis-mashings of other modder's stuff into their "new" mod.  These type of mods don't take nearly as long to develop as new content does, but when people see these mods being pumped out they assume that "oh they managed to make a mod in a month, why is this one taking so long".  It's total ignorance to the process, but I expect no less since they are speaking merely to try to push their agenda of making you rush the project along.  Rushing the project results in a defective product that they'll then complain about as well.  It is a lose lose situation no matter how you slice it.  Pick what you want to do, realize that whatever time you have that you don't wish to invest into learning EM4's framework will still be a wall when EM5 comes along.  They claim the editor is easier to use, which one would hope it is, it certainly can't get worse... But even still any "new" or evolutionary content would require the training wheels to come off and for the devs to work up their own new items.  Again without such skills it'll just end up a reskin/model swap mod not unlike what you can get away with in EM4 if need be.

That's just my thoughts on it, don't take it as me saying what you should do or shouldnt, in the end it is totally up to you guys to figure out what you wanna do with this mod and what you think is best for the mod.  If you guys want this topic locked until a later date feel free to ask any of us staff and we'll throw the lock on it since it is fruitless to continue the >( GIMME! I WANT nonsense at this time.

Take care and goodluck.

Adding to what MikeyPI said no matter how much time u spend even if it's perfect people will still complain.

You rush people will complain it's to buggy or there's not egnoth things in it.

You take years and people will be expecting much more from the release and could get disappointed.

Either way people will moan and moan take Manhattan mod v1 (there is other mods but oh well) that looked amazing from the trailers and it turned out to be great but buggy.people complained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am quite new to the whole em4 modding thing and I am slowly learning the em4 editor, starting off with lights and I know how long that takes and I have not yet even learned how to make square flashing lights so I understand that these things take time. And I have not been following this mod for that long but i realise that it has been in dvelipment for 3 years, and I can see why some people are annoyed at this news but the way I see it is "good things come to those who wait".

So I am happy to wait and I look forward to seeing more updates on the development of the mod in the futre no matter how small. And good look with the project on em5

I have to agree 100% with Mentor1159. It is a dumb reason. Some people might not be able to run Emergency 5. We will Not know until it is released.

Emergency 5[edit] Developer(s) Sixteen Tons Entertainment Publisher(s) Deep Silver Distributor(s) Deep Silver Series Emergency Platform(s) PC Release date(s) November 2014[5]Genre(s) Real-time strategy Mode(s) Single player, Multiplayer Distribution Download, DVD

On 11 September 2012 it was announced[6] by Sixteen Tons Entertainment and Deep Silver that Emergency 5 is in development. Emergency 5 will have a completely rewritten game engine and will be released 28 November 2014. The main series of Emergency have always been received positively by the fans, with video's published, the fans have started speculating about the contents of the game on the many forums.

They want to wait until Emergency 5 is released before they complete this mod. This is wasting time.

I have to agree 100% with Mentor1159. It is a dumb reason. Some people might not be able to run Emergency 5. We will Not know until it is released.

Emergency 5[edit] Developer(s) Sixteen Tons Entertainment Publisher(s) Deep Silver Distributor(s) Deep Silver Series Emergency Platform(s) PC Release date(s) November 2014[5]Genre(s) Real-time strategy Mode(s) Single player, Multiplayer Distribution Download, DVD

On 11 September 2012 it was announced[6] by Sixteen Tons Entertainment and Deep Silver that Emergency 5 is in development. Emergency 5 will have a completely rewritten game engine and will be released 28 November 2014. The main series of Emergency have always been received positively by the fans, with video's published, the fans have started speculating about the contents of the game on the many forums.

They want to wait until Emergency 5 is released before they complete this mod. This is wasting time.

55148409.jpg

And with that we shall be locking this topic down, the mod developers can contact staff when they want the lock released.  As of right now there is nothing useful being conveyed in this topic, the mod devs know what they are doing and what their plan is to do with this project.  Since there doesnt seem to be much more in the way of trying to help them in a discussion, just more of the same whines about "They aint doing what I want, how dare they?!"  No sense in keeping this going like it is anymore, it is just turning into a spam spree.

This topic will remain locked until the developers decide they want to open the topic back up.

Ok, so I've already had two reports and had to delete two posts and suspend one person.  There is a zero tolerance for abusive behavior when it comes to this topic, anyone that creates an issue will be dealt with aggressively.  Everyone is forewarned of the facts of how things will go down if/when there is an issue here.  Behave yourselves and conduct yourselves maturely, there is no sense in trolling for things to do because it won't be tolerated.

I think this topic should be locked again until the mod developers have something to say about their contingency plan because so far its just been a flame war between people who are pissed off that they are going to have to wait and people who are supporting the modders' decision. I mean, not only is nothing productive is being said, but negative things are being said. One way or another people are going to have to wait because the modders will either take longer to complete it for em4 or have to transfer everything to em5, but in the mean time people are going to continue fighting about the decisions made by the modders. That is not what this forum is about so until everyone can cool down I think we should stop embarrassing ourselves and lock the topic. Obviously I cannot make that decision myself, but I think the moderators or developers should read this and think about it.

I agree with vmz24 aswell, it was best to keep the topic locked, as Mikey has already had to delete posts within minutes of the topic reopening. Until the dev's have worked things out for EM5 to see if this can be transferred over or not, this topic is just going to get flamers and trolls and people pissed off because its taken so long to make. Bottom line is... If you don't like waiting... Go make your own mod.

Obviously I cannot make that decision myself, but I think the moderators or developers should read this and think about it.

Yeah, you're right. It's not your decision to make. The developers have decided they want the topic open, so let's leave it at that, shall we?

I'll put it quite simply, there's not going to be any more posts about this. The topic has been reopened, end of.

Anyone who wants to carry on this discussion will be receiving punishments.

And just to repeat what Mikey has already said, to anyone even considering it, any abusive behaviour will be dealt with aggressively.

par.gif

I was hoping that no one was going to bring a shovel and dig this thread back up to life ...

The RCMP modding team will be making a exciting annoucement in the following week(s) in regards to the modification development once we have completed our presentation. Thank you.

Any New Updates?

I think 3 years is long enough to complete this mod. If em5 is out before this mod is released, I WILL NOT DOWNLOAD THIS MOD!!!!  Plain and simple!!!!!

I DON'T think this mod will ever come out!!!!

cool story bro...I thought you said you weren't going to follow the mod???

cool story bro...

I'd like to first thank Goog and the whole team for all the hard work they put into this mod and all the hard work I imagine they are continuing to do. Secondly, I'd like to address everyone who's been haggling them and harassing their whole team for the past three years about release dates and making an assumption that your playing of this game with their mod is more important than their personal lives. Creating a mod, a game, or really anything for that matter is an endeavor that this team voluntarily took upon themselves to share some of their amazing abilities and skills with the community. It boggles me that any of you could be so blatently disrespectful to several members of the RCMP team that have dedicated three years of their time to making something for all of the community to enjoy. So, to sum up my point, stop being assholes to people who have dedicated an entire three years to you and your enjoyability of this game. Thanks.  

Yea, they must be really strong because I wpu never be able to work on one thing for almost 5 years now

What you guys fail to understand is that just because it's been 3 years,it doesn't mean that we've done 3 years work.we may go months without doing anything relevant to this project.This is a HOBBY,not our life...so we will take as long as it takes to finish it without taking anytime away from more important things.