Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

I've ben having some graphical issues, with the LA Mod, the graphics quality becomes distorted sometimes and the entire screen brightness dramatically and randomly increases. I have a windows vista on a Dell with the standard graphics card, and 3 gigs of ram. any ideas how to improve or fix the graphics in this game. I have other games such as world of warcraft and other high-end games which seem to run fine without any problems, only this one????

Guest MGC|Uthog

Well in order to fix your problem we need to know more then a pc from dell 3 GB ram(DDR, DDR2 or DDR3) and a basic graphic card(what is basic i have for example a Nvidea Gforce 9600M GT TurboCache in my laptop for basic).

And WoW is not a high end game these days it is a mid end game.

GTA IV is a high end game:)

I've ben having some graphical issues, with the LA Mod, the graphics quality becomes distorted sometimes and the entire screen brightness dramatically and randomly increases. I have a windows vista on a Dell with the standard graphics card, and 3 gigs of ram. any ideas how to improve or fix the graphics in this game. I have other games such as world of warcraft and other high-end games which seem to run fine without any problems, only this one????

Post your DxDiag please.

Have you turned the graphics settings down to low? You have a cheap on board video chip that cant handle much. Stay away from the light mods packs for example.

I've been planning on getting some type of nVidia GeForce graphics card, but havent fopund one which is not to expensive and is compatible, any ideas?

Guest armyman77777

Excellent work hoppah, I enjoy playing LA Mod all the time, good work on the all the vehicles and units, being involved with the fire department for real, your mod really makes it realistic.

Just discovered this yesterday:

Right after I had received the call about a subject planting bombs in the area, I dispatched the bomb squad to the scene. Suddenly, just as I was scrolling the camera view to where the bomb was located, I saw a man running with a gun and shooting at passing vehicles. I hadn't even received the call yet. So, then I had to send 2-3 police units to arrest this guy while the bomb squad was enroute to the bomb call. Guy was arrested but bomb exploded setting off a huge fire that burned about three homes. It was a sad day in LA - many lives lost. We need those yellow blankets to cover those bodies. :prop:

That was pretty cool. Having fun with this Hoppah!

Guest MGC|Uthog

I had a HAZMAT action today in freeplay. At the docks if there is a fire there there is a chance a toxic cloud wil appear. I just play EM4 normal so the HAZMAT is not totally useless :).

Oh no, my sinking crusier problem has returned :( . How can I make an event in freeplay and also make another hose connection for a vehicle? THX!

Are you sure? The port has a invisible barrier so it shouldnt happen. Where id it happen at?

As for hose connections, I believe the game is hard coded only to allow 4, any more and you will get a ctd.