Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Guest altoproxima
Has the problem been solve at the 4 lane intersection with the other 4 lane intersection? Where cars in a right lane turns left at the intersection.

Clearly that breaks traffic laws. This cause traffic jams.

That is because you somehow managed to redirect traffic. Try not to redirect traffic, and do not let your ambulances and cops patrol the streets. Instead spread them out in the city on a parking lot and put them in standby.

If you do that you will see there are no more traffic jams.

I just had my first chance to play the new map extensively. The biggest traffic problem I have is people trying to make a left turn from the right lane. They cut off the people in the left lane and before you know it you have gridlock.

Do not redirect traffic :) This has been discussed a few times in this thread.

Guest galaxyman_92
!!PATCH BUG FOUNDED!!

the patch delete the la mod missions?! I have in menu only missions 11-30

The same thing over here but not when installing the patch.. I started the game from the EM icon not from LA icon "on desktop" & then I ran the LA mod & then missions are gone! only 11-30.. Reinstalling the mod can help?

Guest Straffestof

I also have this probleme, the lamod missions dissapeared after I played a mission.

Another probleme I have is that the cheats ain't working. (as in none of them) I know there's been some solutions with the qwerty -> azerty translation but none of the known cheats seem to work. During a mission I tried typing, fairz,fairy,fqirw,magic but none of them gave the cheat activated message, neither did the ctrl+shift+f11 button made all missions available again.

I'm using a azerty keyboard. And I'm using the 1.9 version of the LAmod (with patch 2 installed). I also tried reinstalling the mod to get the missions back but without succes.

Can anyone please help me with these problems?

animated_strobe_light_roof_bar.gif

Emergency Roadside assistance to the rescue

Let's see...

Read this, should help you:

Alright, did some tests today and came to a few conclusions:

I finished three EM4 missions and two of the LA Mod missions and nothing changed to the mission list besides the scores. I was still able to play each of the 30 missions. Little annoyance: After playing a mission you can't click the Next (in German: Weiter) button anymore, so you have to go back to the menu.

I tried pressing the 'New Campaign' button and mission 1 (Bomb attack threat) started loading. After loading, I restarted the game/mod and went straight to the mission list. Only missions 11 to 30 (all EM4 missions) were listed. Conclusion: When you click the 'New Campaign' button the game does not seem to find the LA Mod missions anymore. Until I have found a fix, don't click the 'New Campaign' button and just select one of the missions from the list.

You cannot click next... To fix this reinstall patch 2.

I'll add that to the first post if it isn't already there

I have no idea if this was said on here. But when it rains in freeplay for me; my game slows down so much its like it freezes, then unfreezes, etc. Is this normal or can I do something about it. Cause I don't want to turn off the rain, but I'm sick of this happening.

Guest Straffestof
I also have this probleme, the lamod missions dissapeared after I played a mission.

Another probleme I have is that the cheats ain't working. (as in none of them) I know there's been some solutions with the qwerty -> azerty translation but none of the known cheats seem to work. During a mission I tried typing, fairz,fairy,fqirw,magic but none of them gave the cheat activated message, neither did the ctrl+shift+f11 button made all missions available again.

I'm using a azerty keyboard. And I'm using the 1.9 version of the LAmod (with patch 2 installed). I also tried reinstalling the mod to get the missions back but without succes.

Can anyone please help me with these problems?

Reinstalling patch 2 didn't fix my probleme, anyone else has any idea how I can solve this ? Or anyone knows how I can get the cheats working?

Alt+f4 will also work in your case.

:loldev:

Oh, I have good news!

I decided I'd try loading the mod again... and it actually loaded. But then it froze when I tried to load a mission... but it's progress.

Update 2: I found the variable that has changed, but it doesn't make sense to me... if I let the intro video play through, the game works (I'm even now able to load missions). But if I click to skip the intro video, the game freezes. Regardless, the game now works again :mukkies:

Guest madforce
for some goofy reason the chase command has disappeared ever since i down loaded a light upgrade can some one help :machkaputt::cheers-mate:

Edit the commands for each vehicle in the editor and re add the chase command or delete all your mods and reinstall LAmod. Most the lightpacks aren't quite yet tuned for 1.9.

I'm running into problems with the unit pics when you bring up the menu to buy units. The area where the pic should be is white for all the units. All I've touched is the freeplay endless specs to edit the time between events and the amount of money you start with, and I installed the AMR ambulances. I had the problem before I made any of these changes though, so I don't think it's from any of them. The only other thing is that I have to make my screen resolution 800 x 600 pixles to make the game work, but again, I don't think that should cause a problem with the unit pics. Also, I some how ran into a situation where I was able to send the tiller back to the fire station with out deinstalling it, which I did by accident, and the truck pulled away from the trailer with another trailer attached to it, and proceeded to become a zombie fire truck. I was not able to recreate this problem, but if I do, I'll try and get a pic or somthing. Finally, this isn't really a bug, but I accidently called for another engine 2 which I didn't have on the map with the battalion cheif, but it still showed up. As far as I know the battalion cheif can't acll units in from off the map, right?

Since this is the 'bug' forum, I thought I should add this...

Since Win7 is coming out tomorrow, I will let everyone know I've been running the full version win7 X64 (LEGALLY provided through my university) for a couple months now and I'm glad to say I've had minimal problems with 911: FR or the LA mod (and what little I had was solved by updating the vid card drivers). I will note that you'll have to enable it for admin like vista and enable it to run in Win2000 mode

OFF TOP - Win7 is pretty good. I'd recommend it over vista any day.

back to topic....

Hope this eases anyones worries about compatibility!

Thanks. I haven't had any problems with Vista (unlike some people) whatsoever. I hope it's the same case with windows 7. I think it's due to the fact that I built the computer so it didn't come with any extraneous crap installed.

Off-topic: they just charged my W7 preorder this morning. Should be shipping soon.

Thanks for telling us. I'm getting Windows 7 soon and I'm glad to hear that there are no problems.
thanks for the info, i was indeed kinda worried about it

No problem guys. I've enjoyed it these past couple of months. It's not a HUGE change from Vista, but it is more user friendly in my opinion