Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Yeah give me a day or two, I'm still working on the carpet and the billboard I may be done sooner depends on what happens tonight. (May have to go in for work)

*Comes out of hole*

Sorry, yes I do but photobucket's being an ass, and one part of the sign is on wrong, gotta fix it.

It's ok. It's been a while since my last update. I am still working on a certain part of the map. When that is done I will release some pictures and news.

Good to hear that the map is still coming along. I'll be sitting and waiting quietly for so new updates :)

In case anyone missed it

Bad news.

My computer is broken. Although I didn't lose any files (love external hdd drives :1046276057_GroupHug:) I can't work on the mod for a while. :(

While playing a game (Empire Total War), I suddenly got a purple glow. The game looked like it was running in 256 colours for a moment. After 3 seconds I got a blue screen with white letters and a reboot. Since then, my computer doesn't want to load Windows Vista in normal mode anymore and I got weird display distortions (blue blocks, green wavy lines, white/purple letters during boot up). When the computer is suposed to load Vista (that loading bar is visible for a while) it starts hanging in a black screen with a lot of white small vertical lines. Safe Mode seems to works fine, but I also get the distortions in that mode. I am currently trying to find out what is damaged. I already tried to reinstall Windows Vista what didn't help, so I think it's my videocard but I am not sure about that. :nixweiss:

At this moment it is unknown when I can continue on the mod again. I have other computers, but they are way too old to handle the map texture for the new map (8096x8096 pixels with multiple layers) in Photoshop CS2. :nein:

Hoppah

Thought I would bring it over here

In case anyone missed it

Thought I would bring it over here

:1046276372_bawling: Hey, I could take over! Just kiddin'. You have MAJOR skills in modding and I don't really. Anyway, sorry about that Hoppy. I REALLY, REALLY hope that you will be able to continue working on the mod. If not, my whole life will...not be ruined, just a little more boring (corrrection, a LOT more boring). I wish ya' luck and hope you find the problem.

Hoppah do you want to add the police garage in new freeplay map to parking LAPD vehicles? Because three parking slots for police vehicles are few :(. Unfortunately, It need new script - send vehicle to police garage. I thing is this good idead :). Police garage can be placed instead of the place for sending vehicles, and sending vehicles can be in garage ;)

Hoppah do you want to add the police garage in new freeplay map to parking LAPD vehicles? Because three parking slots for police vehicles are few :(. Unfortunately, It need new script - send vehicle to police garage. I thing is this good idead :). Police garage can be placed instead of the place for sending vehicles, and sending vehicles can be in garage ;)

that would be nice for keeping spare cars and cars that were damaged and waiting for repairs

THIS NEW FREEPLAY MAP LOOOKS AWESOME I CANT WAIT FOR THE RELEASE

=]

GOOD JOB

Hopefully the computer is fixed and that Mr.Hoppah can finish the map. I was really depressed when Hoppah said that his computer was down. Well, just flinched a bit.

and last question - in the version 1.9 will be added the calling swat what is here: C:\Program Files\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Audio\Fx\radio\pd_swat.wav and the 1097.wav ?

Nope they will be removed actually. They have no use. Same thing counts for a couple of unused icons.

I noticed a post earlier about a possible accident without injury. Now, if you remember the LA mod mission with the airport explosion, across the street there are two pilots whom appear to be arguing. Would it be possible to have a small accident with no injuries but rather two people arguing whom must either be talked to by or arrested by police? And maybe if you don't stop them fast enough a possible fight may commence? It may be impossible but I thought I might as well ask.

Also, if someone has already suggested this then I am sorry for disturbing your time.

Anyway, I love what you guys do and I must congratulate you guys on this success.

I noticed a post earlier about a possible accident without injury. Now, if you remember the LA mod mission with the airport explosion, across the street there are two pilots whom appear to be arguing. Would it be possible to have a small accident with no injuries but rather two people arguing whom must either be talked to by or arrested by police? And maybe if you don't stop them fast enough a possible fight may commence? It may be impossible but I thought I might as well ask.

Also, if someone has already suggested this then I am sorry for disturbing your time.

Anyway, I love what you guys do and I must congratulate you guys on this success.

IDK, but it sounds like a really awesome idea, whatdya think Hoppah??