ShaneGreen

Submod: Additional LAPD Patrol Units, Fire and Ambulance Changes

* NEWS *

The AMR Private Ambulance is now available for download. In a stand alone package for a clean install of Los Angeles Mod v1.8 as well as a package to add to the Additional Vehicles Submod if you have already downloaded if. As of today (15th March 2009), all downloads of the Additional Vehicles Submod will include the AMR Private Ambulance. Thanks must go to billythehill for his hard work on this release.

I am also very close to releasing firestation scripts to allow new all engines in the additional vehicles submod to function with the BC call engine script.

Engine 1, 2 or 3 will respond to ALS Engine call, based on which ever is closest and available. Same with BLS Engines 201 and 203 - either can also respond as part of the light force depending on which is closest and available. Unfortunately the standby feature will not function with fire units at this stage, nor will the automatic purchase of new units. Ambulances however, will function with the standby feature and LAX, Vintage and AMR Ambulances will function with the standby feature as well.

im thinking of downloading your EMS SUV mod but does it have 2 or 4 seats?

and what about patrol? do i have to fix that like you have described in another topic in the forum?

Hi Sirius7dk,

The EMS SUV seats up to 4 personnel.

I have just now uploaded a new version of the EMS SUV download (see the first post) which does have the patrol command included.

Unfortunately, I have yet to try my hand at lights so I don't expect to be looking into that at this stage (it is a good idea though).

At least the redirection works even if we can't see the lights.

I actually deleted all the lights then copied the set over from the Fire Captain SUV. The only glitch is the directional light is on at all times, but of course it only redirects when the button is pushed. Good enough for now though :P I figure sooner or later I will look at the Fire SUV closer and see if i can work out the details to fix the cosmetic flaw.

I am not sure if you have noticed, but if you look at the rear window, the BC SUV has command vehicle written, whilst the EMS SUV has Paramedic written.

That is generally how I tell them apart. Plus of course the EMS/Battalion written on the side windows.

I know but i figured if there was an EMS symbol on top, it would help in those times when your rushing to move units from one scene to another.

Hi,

How do I "uninstall" this submod so I don't have it anymore?

Thanks,

Taylor

Hi tjhegentobler (a.k.a. Taylor),

The submod over-writes existing mod files so you will need to uninstall the Los Angeles Mod v1.8 using the mod installer then install Hoppahs original version and you are back to normal.

Hope this helps

Shane, I don't know if you do people reskins too, but I dont think the AMR paramedics wear the same as LAFD ones, so maybe you could reskin those, what do you think, I think it would go nice with the AMR ambo,

We have the paramedic skin from 1.4 and the prototypes ready to go, the problem is in the scripts. The stabilize script specificly refers to the LAFD/EMT stretcher team prototype. Since the prototype is different for our AMR personnel, the script doesen't work at this time. We have also been having trouble with the lift script.

Hi, if you guys need help with the scripts, I can attempt to work it out, but make sure that Hoppah is okay with it first... I don't wanna be goin against his rules, and get in trouble with him, they might even lock the downloads door :O

lol, jks, but seriously if you need help with the scripts, contact me and I can help

Can u fix the ambulance at Fire Station 2??? it only have paramedic with stretcher dont have paramedic with EMT bag can u fix it??

Or change to AMR ambulance XD

Hi JoseOu,

The ambulance at firestation 2 is a BLS (Basic Life Support) Ambulance which is crewed by Firefighter/EMT's not by Paramedics. Therefore they can not be equipped with the EMT bag. If you need a Paramedic then you will have to back this Ambulance up with an ALS (Adanced Life Support) or other vehicles staffed with paramedics e.g. The ALS Engine at Station 2, EMS supervisor, Heavy Equipment Squad, or any Ambulance from Firestation 1.

I don't think that AMR works that closely with LAFD that you would be seeing AMR Ambulances based at LAFD Firestations :blush:

You could do what I have done on my personal mod, and park an AMR Ambulance at the Hospital.

If you have difficulties adding virtual object and editing the scripts, then you can always call AMR Ambulance onto the map, park at Hospital and use the standby feature.

Hope this clears a few things up for you

Hi, if you guys need help with the scripts, I can attempt to work it out, but make sure that Hoppah is okay with it first... I don't wanna be goin against his rules, and get in trouble with him, they might even lock the downloads door :O

lol, jks, but seriously if you need help with the scripts, contact me and I can help

Hi Newfoundking,

Thanks for the very kind offer. I am all for it. billythehill has the scripts at the moment, I will see if I can get a copy of where they are at and if he is happy I will forward on to you. Once again thank you for your kind offer.

Oh, and by the way, Hoppah has been consulted prior to undertaking this project :12: - I do not believe it fair to insult him by going against his wishes either.

Will be in touch

Guest jaywilly

Hi...this is just a suggestion, but maybe for the Paramedic SUV, instead of it being red, it could possibly be white with a red strip instead???

Hi...this is just a suggestion, but maybe for the Paramedic SUV, instead of it being red, it could possibly be white with a red strip instead???

Hi jaywilly,

Nice idea, though I don't know how realistic it would be, I have a bit of time off coming up in the next few weeks, so I might look into that. It could be a seperate release that people may choose to add. I have a few other things on the list first. I will keep you posted.

MikesPhotos has said that there is a vehicle very close to what is being suggested. I believe it is an SUV with the LA County Health Department or something. Poke around mikesphotos.us, I know I've see the SUV on there.

http://mikesphotos.us/gallery2/v/Action/Ev...8/LACoEMS/EMS7/

thats the SUV i suppose you guys are talking about, and i would like to see that as well :)

i just feel that those colours on the SUV would not add to the realism as it is a Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Services vehicle and i very much doubt that they drive around and are rapid response vehicles in LA city :)

put the Star of Life on the red SUVs bonnet and i would be happy as that would make it distinguishable from the battalion chief vehicle

Guest blwoods0
MikesPhotos has said that there is a vehicle very close to what is being suggested. I believe it is an SUV with the LA County Health Department or something. Poke around mikesphotos.us, I know I've see the SUV on there.

my service has the same thing:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd6/Aur...ChevyTahoe2.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd6/AuricCN/067.jpg

I would be very interested in one or both of these type of vehicles skins being set in place instead of the current EMS vehicle skin.

We have the paramedic skin from 1.4 and the prototypes ready to go, the problem is in the scripts. The stabilize script specificly refers to the LAFD/EMT stretcher team prototype. Since the prototype is different for our AMR personnel, the script doesen't work at this time. We have also been having trouble with the lift script.

If the AMR paramedics wont offer any new featuers why not simply use the prototype for the LAFD EMT?

put the Star of Life on the red SUVs bonnet and i would be happy as that would make it distinguishable from the battalion chief vehicle

I requested that a few pages back. I am going to attempt it.

Wrong Section to be posting in regarding Roto Rays. It is possible, you need to use the chopper's Animation, but it will be extremely hard and i advise you not to do it as it will take awhile to get it right, but good luck. Don't bother asking Hoppah how to do this, he got enough things on his hand already.

Is this the color scheme that everyone is referring to??

http://mikesphotos.us/gallery2/v/Action/Ev...S7-003.jpg.html

Cant say for sure, but I would assume so. I like it. I may work on a reskin like that but doubt I have the skills to do all that.

Here is Version 1 with the star of life on it.

emsv1.jpg

If needed I can adjust the star a bit and center it a little more. You cant see the roof racks in the model file so its hard to know where to position it so its between the racks while not being up under the light bar as well.

Im not sure if i need permission from Shane to release this or not so as soon as he gives the ok I will be happy to post the dds file.

Working on a second version with a bit more nontraditional star of life on it.

EDIT: Heres a second version

82006287.jpg

Obviously the symbols a bit small to see the details. Heres the original model I used for the second version:

http://yfrog.com/0mstaroflifefullj

Cant say for sure, but I would assume so. I like it. I may work on a reskin like that but doubt I have the skills to do all that.

Here is Version 1 with the star of life on it.

emsv1.jpg

If needed I can adjust the star a bit and center it a little more. You cant see the roof racks in the model file so its hard to know where to position it so its between the racks while not being up under the light bar as well.

Im not sure if i need permission from Shane to release this or not so as soon as he gives the ok I will be happy to post the dds file.

Working on a second version with a bit more nontraditional star of life on it.

Hi Xplorer4x4,

I have no objections to anybody wishing to make changes to any work that I have done.