ShaneGreen

Submod: Additional LAPD Patrol Units, Fire and Ambulance Changes

I want the LA Mod v1.3 slicktop and the v1.1 light equip utility back so bad, like its driving me crazy bad how would i do that for myself what files would i have to move? Please help this is killing me

I want the LA Mod v1.3 slicktop and the v1.1 light equip utility back so bad, like its driving me crazy bad how would i do that for myself what files would i have to move? Please help this is killing me

What is the difference since then till now then in those vehicles?

New Extended version for those who are interested.

01. added Battalion Chief car 2

02. added LAPD Patrol car 102

03. added LAPD Patrol car 103

04. added LAPD Patrol car 104

05. added LAPD Patrol car 105

06. changed LAPD Slicktop number to 106

07. changed LAAP Patrol car to 131

08. added LAAP Patrol car 132

09. changed LAPP Patrol car number to 141

10. added LAPP Patrol car 142

11. changed CHP Patrol car number to 200

12. changed LASD Patrol car number to 222

13. added LAFD ALS Ambulance 102

14. added LAFD ALS Ambulance 103

15. re-included LAFD Vintage ALS Ambulance number 104

16. re-included LAX Ambulance number 51

img-resized.png Reduced 91%post-754-1229916186_thumb.jpg 1024 x 640 (146.9K)

Best Wishes to all for a Very Merry Christmas and a "SAFE" and prosperous New Year. :xmas:

Take care

Shane

New Extended version for those who are interested.

01. added Battalion Chief car 2

02. added LAPD Patrol car 102

03. added LAPD Patrol car 103

04. added LAPD Patrol car 104

05. added LAPD Patrol car 105

06. changed LAPD Slicktop number to 106

07. changed LAAP Patrol car to 131

08. added LAAP Patrol car 132

09. changed LAPP Patrol car number to 141

10. added LAPP Patrol car 142

11. changed CHP Patrol car number to 200

12. changed LASD Patrol car number to 222

13. added LAFD ALS Ambulance 102

14. added LAFD ALS Ambulance 103

15. re-included LAFD Vintage ALS Ambulance number 104

16. re-included LAX Ambulance number 51

img-resized.png Reduced 91%post-754-1229916186_thumb.jpg 1024 x 640 (146.9K)

Best Wishes to all for a Very Merry Christmas and a "SAFE" and prosperous New Year. :xmas:

Take care

Shane

awesome LOve it Thank you very much! but seriously anyone know what files i would have to move to change from the 1.7 slicktop to the 1.3? PLEASE Help

Interesting comment from the one that is always so concerned with realism? I think it was a great idea & improves majorly on realism! Next should be the LAPD Chargers! And if you get bored should make a BC2 SUV so one could have 2nd BC for Fire Station 2. Because as far as ICS & NIMS regs would be concerned that one BC has way too much man power to control! If we are looking at it from a realistic aspect. (Under the NIMS, an appropriate span of control is between 1:3 and 1:7) NIMS= National Incident Management System

Really? We're pulling NIMS into the game? If you REALLY want to be accurate, each light force and engine would have a captain, so that resolves the NIMS ratio of command to subordinate problem. The way you mention NIMS makes it sound like the BC is the only supervisor-role in LAFD, and all supervisory and management tasks HAVE TO be assigned to a BC. Realistically speaking, not every fire station has a bat chief. One is plenty. The captains play an integral role in daily function and MCI functions. The other thing, the bat chief SUV does not double as a paramedic rescue.

Really? We're pulling NIMS into the game? If you REALLY want to be accurate, each light force and engine would have a captain, so that resolves the NIMS ratio of command to subordinate problem. The way you mention NIMS makes it sound like the BC is the only supervisor-role in LAFD, and all supervisory and management tasks HAVE TO be assigned to a BC. Realistically speaking, not every fire station has a bat chief. One is plenty. The captains play an integral role in daily function and MCI functions. The other thing, the bat chief SUV does not double as a paramedic rescue.

WOW! someone who knows what there talking about... LoL come one man we could go on all day with unified command and things like that... you took my point and killed it! Simply speaking you missed the point i was trying to make but thanks for your input on a solved subject! short of someone scripting a captain for each engine we need to assume that the BC and the ems captain are the only fire/ems officers in this scenario. The point of bringing NIMS into it was to make a slight reason so to speak for a BC2. Assuming you are not an LA city nor county firefighter i can't see any direct operational knowledge to base your statement on. But assuming that somewhere in LA there is a station with 4 engines running 4 man crews, a Truck company, 3 ALS Units, and a HVY rescue like in this game. That would equate to ruffly 24 fire and EMS personnel on duty that would absolutely meet the criteria for two BC's and an EMS captain alone. Then add a 2nd station in the local response area with a haz/mat, engine, and BLS unit an additional 10 fire and ems personnel on duty, 34 men and women to 1 BC!(don't think so) Then factor in call volume, coverage area, and the Nuclear power plant... Most metro cities have stations with 2 to 3 pieces of fire apparatus not 9! Not to mention allot of them are farming out there EMS to private company's ie: Rural Metro & AMR that have there own command structure... at any rate my bringing NIMS into it was nothing more than to make a point that a 2nd BC would not be so far fetched as to call it pointless! BUT FYI I am well aware of the full operational aspects of both the ICS system and NIMS as a graduate of FEMA ISP's Professional Development Series as well as ICS 300 and NIMS 900. I am also a 911 communicator and work with NJTF1.

Interesting comment from the one that is always so concerned with realism? I think it was a great idea & improves majorly on realism! Next should be the LAPD Chargers! And if you get bored should make a BC2 SUV so one could have 2nd BC for Fire Station 2. Because as far as ICS & NIMS regs would be concerned that one BC has way too much man power to control! If we are looking at it from a realistic aspect. (Under the NIMS, an appropriate span of control is between 1:3 and 1:7) NIMS= National Incident Management System

Spaloo, as usual is pretty on the nose on this one, with one minor comment. The Truck will have a Captain II (Task Force Captain) on board and the Engine will have a Captain I. A Battalion Command Team is made up of the Battalion Chief and his Staff Assistant and most structure fires and incidents never make it to Major Emergency or Greater alarm status and are handled solely by the single Battalion Chief. A typical LAFD Battalion will usually cover an area of 5 to 10 stations large, and span more then one community.

Here are some typical fire responses:

3 Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, 1 LAFD Rescue Ambulance, 3 Arson Units, 1 Urban Search and Rescue Unit, 1 EMS Battalion Captain, and 1 Battalion Chief Officer Command Team, under the direction of Battalion Chief Chris Kawai responded to a fire
5 Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, 2 LAFD Rescue Ambulances, 3 Arson Units, 1 EMS Battalion Captain, and 1 Battalion Chief Officer Command Team, under the direction of Battalion Chief Michael Greenup responded to a Structure Fire With a Civilian Fatality
On Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 9:21 PM, 7 Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, 3 LAFD Rescue Ambulances, 1 Arson Unit, 2 EMS Battalion Captains, 1 Battalion Chief Officer Command Team, 1 Division Chief Officer Command Team, under the direction of Battalion Chief Antoine McKnight responded to a Structure Fire With A Civilian Fatality

On that one, the DC also responded due to some investigation and administrative issues that occurred.

It has to be pretty large for additional BC's to respond, or a DC to arrive. Why? Because between the BC, the SA, and the EMS Captain, you have 3 command personnel along with Captain II's and I's taking over divisions and branches.

Here is an example of a Major Emergency fire:

On Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 4:33 AM, 29 Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, 9 LAFD Rescue Ambulances, 3 Arson Units, 2 Urban Search and Rescue Units, 3 EMS Battalion Captains, 3 Battalion Chief Officer Command Teams, and 1 Division Chief Officer Command Team, under the direction of Assistant Chief Daryl Arbuthnott responded to a Major Emergency Structure Fire

So, as for realism....yeah... 2 stations isn't that much for a single BC at all. Afterall, that's only 3 (2 Engines, 1 Light Force) companies of firefighters. Even with Station 1 overstocked, you only have 5 companies which is well within a BC's "Span of Control."

Mike

I am a little confused on where this file is suposed to go when you download it. Can someone help me out.

As long as you have the LA Mod v1.7 properly installed its very simple go to the extension C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods

extract the RAR files and copy the LA Mod 1.7 folder and paste it in the above folder and you should get prompted to overwrite and or replace files yes to all and thats it!

if your not using 911 - First Responders it should be something like C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 4\Mods

I can't speak for him, but I know, where 1.8 just came out, it will be at least another day or 2 before anyone gets any sub-mods done, like I know, after I play 1.8 for a bit... i have to go and start making light conversions for 1.8 :)

Anyways, I must be going now, my download for 1.8 is almost finished!

Hi all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR ! and I hope you had a great christmas.

Sorry I have been quiet for the last week, but I have been away with work. I have just downloaded v1.8 and have yet to have a thorough look at it. I only have 2 days then will be away "offline" for about 12 - 14 days. Hopefully during that time I will be able to arrange a package that is compatible with v1.8 and upload as soon as I can. I expect that I will probably make the update include the same changes that were seen in the Extended version release, but will see how I go. Have fun and enjoy Los Angeles Mod v1.8, alot of work has gone into this and I am sure you will all join me in congratulating the people responsible. :cheers:

Take care

Shane

can we expect a v1.8? :23_31_4:

I have been working on v1.8 since I got it. So far these are the additions that I have made (see attched screenshots).

post-754-1231503423_thumb.jpg

post-754-1231503409_thumb.jpg

post-754-1231503396_thumb.jpg

I hope to add something extra but am waiting to ensure that I have approval before I add.

Let me know what you think.

Take care

Shane

Great work.

What would be outstanding is if one of the new Fire Engines could be placed in station 2 and have only it go to station 2.

Hi Madman,

I have just this morning received Hoppahs kind permission to add scripting to do just that. I will be altering the Firstation script so that Fire Engine 1 and 201 are in front bay of Firestation 1, Fire Engine 2 will be located at Firestation 2 and Fire Engine 3 and 203 will be in the rear bays at Firestation 1. Engine 1,2 and 3 (ALS Engines) will respond if called by Battalion Chief, while Engine 201 and 203 (BLS Engines) will respond to a call for BLS Engine or as part of the light force with the Ladder. Hope to have ready for download in the next day or two (hopefully).

Take care :D

Shane

Hi Madman,

I have just this morning received Hoppahs kind permission to add scripting to do just that. I will be altering the Firstation script so that Fire Engine 1 and 201 are in front bay of Firestation 1, Fire Engine 2 will be located at Firestation 2 and Fire Engine 3 and 203 will be in the rear bays at Firestation 1. Engine 1,2 and 3 (ALS Engines) will respond if called by Battalion Chief, while Engine 201 and 203 (BLS Engines) will respond to a call for BLS Engine or as part of the light force with the Ladder. Hope to have ready for download in the next day or two (hopefully).

Shane

That is going to be awesome! Just wish you would have used the old slick top i just figured out how to get that in my game! Its cool though can't wait for it!!!!! ( :1046276128_motz: had to reformat my laptop so i don't even have the game right now need to buy it again :wall:)

Hi Madman,

Shane

Thats great to hear Shane. I'm not a big fan of having 4 engines in Station 1, but I'm sure I could edit that out manually in my own script.