ShaneGreen

Submod: Additional LAPD Patrol Units, Fire and Ambulance Changes

Hi all,

I have recently had several enquiries regarding some alterations to the police and ambulance units. The latest version is based on Hoppah's Los Angeles Mod v1.8

Hoppah has been kind enough to allow me to release these changes for those that wish to use them.

I have made up a zip file in the appropriate format so that once unzipped it can be copied directly into the Los Angeles Mod v1.7 folder (file size is about 1.2mb zip).

I have included all necessary changes to LA siren script, potraits, info, spec files, etc. to ensure that the units operate fully within the game (freeplay, multiplayer, missions)

* CURRENT RELEASE * for Los Angeles Mod v1.8

post-754-1251461190_thumb.jpg post-754-1251461217_thumb.jpg

Currently, this submod will add the vehicles as shown above.

V 1.9 Pending

Note: from 28th August 2009 all downloads of the main Submod will include the both AMR Private Ambulances and still include Vintage and LAX ambulances.

Install Variations - below must have the main submod installed first

LAPD_Non_Sequential_Numbers.rar - changes LAPD car numbers to non sequential (Crown Vic 107, 126,145,174,192, Slicktop 302 and LAPD Charger 513) ... numbers courtesy of zootoo63

EMS_SUV.rar - for those who wish to have the EMS SUV 1 and 2, (same as Battalion Chief except has EMS on side and Paramedic on rear) instead of the EMS Crown Vic Sedan.

AMR Ambulances are now available for download for v1.9

post-754-1254006963.jpg

AMR_Ambulance_standalone_v1.9.zip - for stand alone install to a clean copy of Los Angeles Mod v1.9 and v1.9.1

Installation is simple.

Must have an unchanged version of Los Angeles Mod v1.9

(if you have made changes to your version of the mod then these files may need to be altered to include your changes in order for those changes to continue to work)

Suitable for Emergency 4 / Emergency 4 Deluxe / Emergency 4 Gold / 911 First Responders

After unziping folder named Los Angeles Mod v1.9, copy the contents to your installation of Los Angeles Mod v1.9 located in your C:/..../Emergency4/mods.

Allow to overwrite existing files.

Start the game, and off you go.

Take care : :D

Shane

I wonder what it actually adds, it's just too useless.

Nevertheless, you got permission to release those changes.

Will add this topic to the 'Approved submods' later. :)

Hoppah

It's just a cosmetic change. Thanks for you permission. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Take care

Shane

Hey, Just a little update to you, I am still working on that little thing we were talking about, I'll try to fit it in this weekend if I get a chance in between Lab Reports and scene reports... Hope to have it ready soon though

Sounds great. Keep me posted. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Take care

Shane

What do you consider an "unchanged" version?

I have Tony's lights installed in my mod and have made changes to my personal freeplay map.

I'm guessing this will get rid of the lights, correct?

Hi Madman,

Your LAPD Patrol car, CHP Patrol car and LAPD slicktop should be O.K.

LAPD Patrol car 2, LAPD Patrol car 3, LAPD Patrol car 4, LAPD Patrol car 5, BLS Ambulance, ALS Ambulance, ALS Ambulance 2 and ALS Ambulance 3 - these will have the original lights, but I expect that you should be able to edit the prototypes to use Tony's lights without too much trouble.

The changes I have made should not affect the freeplay changes that you have made at all - all these vehicles will also patrol as normal, go to firestation/policestation and can all be called using the appropriate request for backup. I am also running Woods map and they all work perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Take care

Shane

is it just me, or do the LAPD CV's look shorter than the slicktop and CHP CV's?

Hi Ami89E1234

It's just you. (I hope!)

I think it is just as illusion created by a combination of the screen resolution and the angle of the camera.

If you ask me, I think they all look squashed up!

Take care

Shane

Hi all,

I have recently had several enquiries regarding some alterations to the police and ambulance units that I have made on Los Angeles Mod v1.7 patch 3.

Hoppah has been kind enough to allow me to release these changes for those that wish to use them.

I have made up a zip file in the appropriate format so that once unzipped it can be copied directly into the Los Angeles Mod v1.7 folder (file size is about 1.2mb zip).

I have included all necessary changes to LA siren script, potraits, info, spec files, etc. to ensure that the units operate fully within the game (freeplay, multiplayer, missions)

Listed additions and changes;

1. added LAPD Patrol car 2 (102)

2. added LAPD Patrol car 3 (103)

3. added LAPD Patrol car 4 (104)

4. added LAPD Patrol car 5 (105)

5. changed LAPD slicktop number to 106

6. changed CHP Patrol car number to 200

7. changed ALS (RED) Ambulance 2 number to 101

8. replaced LAX Ambulance with ALS (RED) Ambulance number 102

9. replaced Vintage Ambulance with ALS (RED) Ambulance number 103

Note: LAX and Vintage Ambulances will no longer be available in game.

This version includes the LAX Ambulance and Vintage Ambulance for those who still want them included.

Installation is simple.

Must have an unchanged version of Los Angeles Mod v1.7 - this was created using patch 3 version.

(if you have made changes to your version of the mod then these files may need to be altered to include your changes in order for those changes to continue to work)

Suitable for Emergency 4 / Emergency 4 Deluxe / 911 First Responders

After unziping folder named Los Angeles Mod v1.7, copy the contents to your installation of Los Angeles Mod v1.7 located in your C:/..../Emergency4/mods.

Allow to overwrite existing files.

Start the game, and off you go.

Take care :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Shane

Nice eyecandy... but only one thing. If you really want to make this realistic... you fogot that the sherrif patrol is also numbers 106 just like the slicktop patrolcar. Not really a problem since there are 5 additional patrolcars but yeha I like to bitch sometimes :grinsevil:

Nice eyecandy... but only one thing. If you really want to make this realistic... you fogot that the sherrif patrol is also numbers 106 just like the slicktop patrolcar. Not really a problem since there are 5 additional patrolcars but yeha I like to bitch sometimes :grinsevil:

I hadn't really noticed as I don't use the sheriffs patrol car. However, if there is enough people concerned, I guess I could change it to something else (such as 107).

Take care

Shane

I hadn't really noticed as I don't use the sheriffs patrol car. However, if there is enough people concerned, I guess I could change it to something else (such as 107).

Take care

Shane

I actually didnt noticed it eather. Until they were standig at the firestation. But there are enough patrolcars so just skip patrolcar 5 and you wont notice it.

Ha that would help me because when i hotkey the cars i can put the hot key number with the patrol car number this way i can keep track better this is great :laugh:

Hi Madman,

Your LAPD Patrol car, CHP Patrol car and LAPD slicktop should be O.K.

LAPD Patrol car 2, LAPD Patrol car 3, LAPD Patrol car 4, LAPD Patrol car 5, BLS Ambulance, ALS Ambulance, ALS Ambulance 2 and ALS Ambulance 3 - these will have the original lights, but I expect that you should be able to edit the prototypes to use Tony's lights without too much trouble.

The changes I have made should not affect the freeplay changes that you have made at all - all these vehicles will also patrol as normal, go to firestation/policestation and can all be called using the appropriate request for backup. I am also running Woods map and they all work perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Take care

Shane

does each car number show up in the "buying"place. or do they come out randomly?

does each car number show up in the "buying"place. or do they come out randomly?

Hi zootoo63

Each numbered patrol car will show up in the list of available police vehicles to buy. LAPD Patrol car, LAPD Patrol car 2, LAPD Patrol car 3, etc.

Take care

Shane

*** NEWS ***

Have just added Revised version of the changes which now includes further changes to police vehicle numbering, changing the LASD Patrol car number to 301, LAPP Patrol car number to 401, and LAAP Patrol car number to 501. This version also contains the LAX and Vintage Ambulances. The revised version can be found on the opening post of this topic with the other versions.

Take care

Shane

Posts merged by Pyrothijs since it was a double post and both items stand out enough to tell the two different posts apart.

Edited by pyrothijs

I wonder what it actually adds, it's just too useless.

Nevertheless, you got permission to release those changes.

Will add this topic to the 'Approved submods' later. :)

Hoppah

Interesting comment from the one that is always so concerned with realism? I think it was a great idea & improves majorly on realism! Next should be the LAPD Chargers! And if you get bored should make a BC2 SUV so one could have 2nd BC for Fire Station 2. Because as far as ICS & NIMS regs would be concerned that one BC has way too much man power to control! If we are looking at it from a realistic aspect. (Under the NIMS, an appropriate span of control is between 1:3 and 1:7) NIMS= National Incident Management System